Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got things worked out for July 15th with Dr Aceves. My hubby and I will arrive on Tues. the 14th for testing and instructions.

Will anyone else be there at that time? I am so excited and nervous. This is the first time I have ever booked a flight. I checked everywhere for the lowest rates. It is going to cost us a fortune for the tickets. $1,100, can you believe that? Oh well, we are still going.

My husband is being very supportive except for thinking that I will let him starve. LOL I do all the cooking.

I've got to go to the post office tomorrow and apply for the passports and go to the bank. Can you tell that I'm excited?

Just wanted to share my news. I've already started the pre-op diet and lost 6lbs.

If anyone has any tips for me I'm all ears.

Question: Does the Dr. make all the cuts above your belly button? I have a scar from my belly button down from a hysterectomy?(sp.) I hope that wont make any difference.

Hugs, Judy

P.s. Nina told me 2 sisters were having surgery the same day as me.

Congratulations on your date. Dr. Aceves makes 5 small incisions all above the belly button so no worries.

I finally got things worked out for July 15th with Dr Aceves. My hubby and I will arrive on Tues. the 14th for testing and instructions.

AWESOME JUDY -- SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Will anyone else be there at that time? I am so excited and nervous. This is the first time I have ever booked a flight. I checked everywhere for the lowest rates. It is going to cost us a fortune for the tickets. $1,100, can you believe that? Oh well, we are still going.

We will miss you by 1 day. DARN! Have you already purchaed your tickets? If not, I am sure I could find you something for less than $1100 -- pm me with your information and I'll see what I can come up with.

My husband is being very supportive except for thinking that I will let him starve. LOL I do all the cooking.

I am sure he will do just fine. Tell him the food in the cafeteria at the hospital is really good -- and so if the food at the resort so enjoy your last meal.

I've got to go to the post office tomorrow and apply for the passports and go to the bank. Can you tell that I'm excited?

Just wanted to share my news. I've already started the pre-op diet and lost 6lbs.

AWESOME!

If anyone has any tips for me I'm all ears.

Question: Does the Dr. make all the cuts above your belly button? I have a scar from my belly button down from a hysterectomy?(sp.) I hope that wont make any difference.

Hugs, Judy

P.s. Nina told me 2 sisters were having surgery the same day as me.

The only thing you might want to mention to Dr. Aceves is to see if he can make the top incision below the bra line - especially if you wear an underwire. That was a hint passed along to me by Rosebud2 ... he said that is the incision for the liver retractor and if he was able to make it lower, he would. And, luckily, he was able to do so ... so you might want to mention that to him.

Also, pack a box of tissues with you and a heating pad. They don't provide tissues at the hospital and the heating pad helps with the pain from the CO2.:thumbup1:

I'm so happy for you ...think you could drop off some tomatoes on your way over Las Vegas? :cursing:

Congrats, yes you sound a little excited!

I will look forward to watching your progress.

I am really happy for you Judy. I am so glad you decided to have Dr. Aceves do you surgery and not let that ins. company decide you HAD to get a band. You won't be sorry!

AWSOME!!!! CONGRATS! WISH YOU THE BEST!

God Bless and Be safe!

That is wonderful news, congratulations!

Thank You everyone. The support here is amazing. I feel like we have all bonded together and are helping each other reach for a new and better life.

Being fat is not life. It is an everyday struggle to get through to the next day. Worrying about what other people are saying or thinking about you. Having to stand back and not be included in everyday activies because you are to big to join in. Too tired or embarrased to go anywhere.

Suffering with all the aches and pains of carrying an extra person around. Being depressed about the size clothes we have to shop for. And most of all wondering what we are going to eat next.

I am so ready to break the cycle.

I am very determined to use the sleeve as my favorite new tool to get a life. Hugs, Judy

Congratulations! I won't be in Mexico, but you'll be having your surgery a day after me. It is so exciting!!! :)

From one KY person to another YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I live in Vegas But Louisville is home.

My date is the 11th....GOOOD LUCK

I wish I could have been a little earlier so we could have met. Of course I have a very very hillbilly accent and you would be longing for home after hearing me talk. LOL Good Luck, Judy

Congratulations! I won't be in Mexico, but you'll be having your surgery a day after me. It is so exciting!!! :)

Hi Ash,

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing. I'm very excited too. Judy

Judy, I think you hit what so many of us feel right on the nail. It is like there is a whole different person in us just waiting to emerge. But, we are afraid to let that person show because we are afraid that all the rest of the world sees is our weight, and not the true person we are. Add to that, the fact that physically, our weight hinders us from doing so many things that other people take for granted, it can really lead to serious depression. And to them, they don't understand why we don't just diet and lose the weight, how hard can it be, right? They just don't have a clue. I truly believe that WLS is such a life saver and a blessing in so many of our lives.

Congratulations on your date. Yay!!! Let us all know how it goes for you. I am excited to follow your progress.

July 15th is right around the corner!