Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone take nexium more than once a day?

I seem to have started evening heartburn in the evening..anyone experiencing the same symptoms and taking nexium more than once a day?

I seem to have started evening heartburn in the evening..anyone experiencing the same symptoms and taking nexium more than once a day?

I have the same thing -- I upped my nexium to 40 mg. in the morning; however, that doesn't seem to help in the evening - so considering doing 20 in AM and 20 in PM before dinner

You seem to be doing so well and you're only 5 days earlier...what's up with that??!! I'm coming around..today I had Jello and it worked wonders!!

Never thought I would love the sight of jello..LOL:confused1:

You seem to be doing so well and you're only 5 days earlier...what's up with that??!! I'm coming around..today I had Jello and it worked wonders!!

Never thought I would love the sight of jello..LOL:confused1:

Trust me - 5 days makes a heck of difference -- everyday it get easier (except those damn clear liquids) ... I am with you on the sight of Jell-O!

Hang in there and keep a positive attitude -- and your sense of humor -- it helps!

I almost broke somebody's arm when I was in the hospital. They brought me Jello by mistake and then when they tried to take it away from my, I was ready for a fight. Dr. Aceves came in and told me he was sorry, I could not have jello yet. I never wanted jello so badly in my life!

I almost broke somebody's arm when I was in the hospital. They brought me Jello by mistake and then when they tried to take it away from my, I was ready for a fight. Dr. Aceves came in and told me he was sorry, I could not have Jello yet. I never wanted jello so badly in my life!

I freaked out when they brought me jello -- it was lime - I don't even like lime jello - but by golly I would have eaten it -- that was day 3. I said something to Nina's Mom (WOULD SOMEONE PLEAE TELL ME HER NAME!!!) and boy that jello was off my tray in a blink of an eye! That's when I knew I was in for a long 10 days :confused1:

I think I would have been up for a fight too..ever since I left the hospital I have not had the taste for orange crystal light..yuck..I sure ate the heck out of that chicken broth. I was hungry the next day out of surgery and I was asking Size Seven aren't you hungry as she looked green around the gills..obviously her answer was an emphatic "no" but the following day she got back on the program and was hungry too. I guess I've been in "lala" land thinking the first few days would be so easy..as I stated previously it's getting better..I keep thinking about that cute dress hanging in my closet just waiting for me when the time is right!

I think I would have been up for a fight too..ever since I left the hospital I have not had the taste for orange crystal light..yuck..I sure ate the heck out of that chicken broth. I was hungry the next day out of surgery and I was asking Size Seven aren't you hungry as she looked green around the gills..obviously her answer was an emphatic "no" but the following day she got back on the program and was hungry too. I guess I've been in "lala" land thinking the first few days would be so easy..as I stated previously it's getting better..I keep thinking about that cute dress hanging in my closet just waiting for me when the time is right!

What's it doing hanging in your closet - get it out where you can see it daily instead of having to think about it!

I freaked out when they brought me Jello -- it was lime - I don't even like lime Jello - but by golly I would have eaten it -- that was day 3. I said something to Nina's Mom (WOULD SOMEONE PLEAE TELL ME HER NAME!!!) and boy that jello was off my tray in a blink of an eye! That's when I knew I was in for a long 10 days :lol0:

Yolanda. ;o)))) Isn't she great?

Yolanda. ;o)))) Isn't she great?

She is awesome! So sweet and really cares about you and how you're feeling, I loved her!!!

As for the OP...I have not had any heartburn yet, but again I am not taking in much. I still take the heartburn meds everyday though!

Try taking the nexium at night. During the day you are upright and walking but at night you're flat and that is when you should take the Nexium.

I took my prilosec at noon. That gave it some time to work before the time I would start to feel heartburn. (Around 3pm)

I took my prilosec at noon. That gave it some time to work before the time I would start to feel heartburn. (Around 3pm)

I start to feel it about 7 at night ... so maybe I should take it at like 4 and see if that makes a difference. I don't know anymore about anything.

I started taking my Nexium at night after I was home about 2 days. I was having really bad reflux at night and changing from morning to night has helped a lot. However, I'm still waking up with some nausea each morning. I'm hoping this goes away soon!