Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery in 03/25/2009 and it has been the best thing that has happened to me. I spent years being told no by all the major insurance companies. But aetna saved my life. I went from 323 size 03/32 to now today 250 size 18/20 bottoms and 22/24 tops. I am so glad food doesn't control my life anymore. I thought i was going to have alot of depression and food issues but i am glad to say i have had none. Not one regret. Surgery went fine no complications and no pain after surgery.

I am looking forward to be a size 12. I have 70 more pounds to go. I know i will make it.

I also love this website. I am able to upload my pictures. I see i have a new spot to hang out and meet beautiful people. Be blessed and be encouraged.:confused1:

Welcome! We love having new people and learning from successes like you. Thank you so much for sharing. You WILL make your goals!

Congratulations - you're doing great. Keep it up and you'll reach that goal. I can't even remember the last time I was in a size 12 ... I too am looking forward to it!

You got your sleeve just about a month before me. It's so great to have everyone to share this journey together!

I've lost 9 pounds since surgery LAST WEEK (6/17/09) and I am looking at a number on the scale I haven't seen in 15 years! Starting to see the magic work!

I've lost 9 pounds since surgery LAST WEEK (6/17/09) and I am looking at a number on the scale I haven't seen in 15 years! Starting to see the magic work!

It is a bit crazy but amazing, isn't it????

I had my surgery in 03/25/2009 and it has been the best thing that has happened to me. I spent years being told no by all the major insurance companies. But aetna saved my life. I went from 323 size 03/32 to now today 250 size 18/20 bottoms and 22/24 tops. I am so glad food doesn't control my life anymore. I thought i was going to have alot of depression and food issues but i am glad to say i have had none. Not one regret. Surgery went fine no complications and no pain after surgery.

I am looking forward to be a size 12. I have 70 more pounds to go. I know i will make it.

I also love this website. I am able to upload my pictures. I see i have a new spot to hang out and meet beautiful people. Be blessed and be encouraged.:smile:

Can I ask you which Aetna plan you have? I also have Aetna (Open Access HMO) and will be able to change insurance companies in Nov. I am trying to change to one that will allow the VSG.

Well it's been two months since my surgery and I'm 33 pounds lighter. Bought a size 12 pair of pants and a "petite" large shirt from a REAL clothing store. The sales associate asked me what size I was looking for and I said, "I have no idea!"

I'm losing about 1 solid pound a week now...not quite as fast as the first two weeks, but I am eating what ever I want only in small (very small) portions. I have aquired a taste for different foods and some of my old "comfort" foods are no longer appealing. I never thought that would happen!

I never realized what a poor relationship I had with food and eating until after the surgery. I am on 1/4 the diabetes meds I used to take. My pancreas is producing better insulin and my blood sugars is rarely over 110 (fasting) in the morning.

I'm not the same person any more and still trying to figure out who the new me is. That just comes with time. I am not used to looking so slim in clothes. I just gave away all my big clothes because they looked HUGE on me. This surgery is life changing in so many ways.

PS: Can't make the ticker fish move...maybe next time!

Edited by SIZE SEVEN
Ticker didn't update

Congrats Size7 - what a great feeling ... you're doing wonderful. As for the fish moving you have to go into your signature - edit signature - click on the ticker in the top box - it will take you to the site where you set up your ticker - put in the new numbers and then go back to your signature and click save signature. Hope that helps.

Size7, you've pasted the picture of your ticker so it won't move. There is a tutorial here that shows what to do:

http://VerticalSleeveTalk.com/vertical-sleeve-talk-forum-assistance-suggestions/267-vst-tickerfactory-ticker-tutorial-pictures.html

Size Seven, thanks for checking in with us and letting us know how you are doing. It sounds like everything is working fabulously and life is wonderful for you! Congrats.

OK I think my fish is moving again! Thanks for the help! BTW, my friend Debbie looks gorgeous! She and her daughter are looking more like "sisters' everyday! The feeling of being "deprived" from the foods and the way we used to eat is being replaced with

better habits. Both of us still do something wrong every now and then, but the "sleeve police" lets you know it! We are both taking Biotin and washing our hair with Folicure to prevent Hair loss. Mine is falling out some, but it always does in the Summer. Anyone had luck using Biotin and Folicure? Any other suggestions?

What is Folicure? Mine is really falling out badly. I haven't lost that much weight, cause I lost most of it banded, so I don't think it has a thing to do with weight loss.

Folicure is a Shampoo that helps keep your hair from falling out. I am being extra careful not to over wash and blow dry at this time. My hair looks a little thinner but I know it may be because I'm not getting enough protien in my diet.

I hit a plateau now and then and the scale won't budge...I just make sure I stay under 800 calories and ramp up with a little exercise. I have four more months to make exercise a staple in my life and I'm doing in 5 minutes at a time.

On another note: We are in Colorado for a week and went white Water rafting (something I would never have been able to do two months ago before my surgery!) and the guide said, "Here, you need a small/medium life jacket." I almost kissed him right then and there!!! The rafting was fun, but the guide's comment made my day!!! I also went horseback riding in the mountains and was able to get in the saddle by myself without a shove from the entire staff!!

Where do you get this folicure Shampoo?

Do you think it makes your hair dry? I was using Nioxin but it seemed like it was drying out my hair. I used it from day one after surgery, and it didn't seem to help. My hair is falling out like crazy.