Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having the nectar caribbean cooler flavor, and it is amazing. It's tastes like a Pina Colada. It mixed extremely well with Water, and goes down extremely smoothly. It is sweet, but is not super, sticky sweet. It has no Protein powder smell or taste either.

I will probably order this one as my primary choice because it is the best thus far.

This one gets 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Tiffykins

I tried the Caribbean Cooler today. You are right, tastes just like a Pina Colada, however, it's missing something. Oh yeah, RUM. Oh well, it is still really good. It's a toss up for me though for my favorite. Caribbean Cooler is really good, but I also really like the Fuzzy Navel. Good to have options.:tongue_smilie:

Ok, so I'm new to this Protein powder thing, and so far I really suck at it!!!

I bought the unflavored whey Protein from GNC and I mixed it with some sf chocolate pudding, and it is just ok. I think I put a little too much milk in it because it didn't set up right. You can really taste the protein.

I was so hoping to find something I could put in my Decaf tea. I ordered something called Beneprotein (like benefiber, but protein instead) with the hopes that it will dissolve well like benefiber. I have had no trouble with the benefiber in my tea. The beneprotein doesn't have a lot of protein in each scoop, but hey...I'll take what I can get if it is truly flavorless. :thumbup1:

I have also ordered some samples of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury...anyone know anything about this product? I'm trying the chicken Soup flavor and unflavored. Their website says the unflavored doesn't mix well with plain Water but does okay with crystal light. I'm really hoping for some luck here because this pre-op diet is not going well so far!!!

I have also ordered some samples of unjury...anyone know anything about this product? I'm trying the chicken Soup flavor and unflavored. Their website says the unflavored doesn't mix well with plain Water but does okay with crystal light. I'm really hoping for some luck here because this pre-op diet is not going well so far!!!

I'm not a fan of Unjury at all. I tried 5 different flavors from their product line and all of them smelt and tasted horrible to me. I didn't even like the unflavored. I'm super picky, and had tried 15+ brands and flavors over the last few months. I was hellbent on finding one that I actually can tolerate and the nectar Proteins have been great for me and my taste buds. Having sleeve surgery definitely forced me into trying out Protein powders, thankfully I found the nectar products.

Try the unflavored whey Protein in something else like sf lemonaide, crystal lite, sf punch, etc. You might have to experiment with the amount of Water and the amount of Protein Powder.< /strong>

I bought the powder packs of Special K today at Wal-mart. There were 10 packets in a box for the same price as 4 bottles of the premixed. I bought the Iced Tea flavor and the strawberry Kiwi. The iced tea flavor isn't too bad - a bit of a lemony taste, but other than that you can't really taste the Protein in the Water. I mixed an entire packet with a 20 oz. bottle of Water -- it probably would have been okay mixed with 24 oz. or slightly more too.

I'll let you know how the strawberry kiwi tastes -- I really liked the premixed strawberry kiwi and so does Bob.

I didn't care for the Unjury products at all. Even the unflavored left a bad taste in my mouth. Actually, I really didn't find any Protein Drinks I could tolerate. The only one for me that was bearable and helped me survive the liquid stage was Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate.< /span>

Hi Ladies,

I know that how the Liquid Protein tastes really is important to all of us. But there is something that I want all of you to look at on labels of the Protein that you are drinking.

You need to consider the number of calories you are taking in the amount of grams of Protein you are actually getting and the big one thing is how many carbs are you getting???? Remember carbs turn into sugar. Keep the number of carbs you take in each day low.

I have stayed AWAY from the "Special K" Protein brand products because the number of carbs is really HIGH for the amount of protein you are getting. I am sure it tastes good, but this is the time when you need to be smart and do a lot of label reading. This is your time in life to put good protein in your body with not a lot of calories, and low carbs. I know it takes work to find just the right Protein liquid that works for you and one that taste good. :cool0:

Now if you are willing to do a lot more exercise to burn the extra calories and high carbs up then you will be ok.

There is nothing worse that a reformed junk food junkie saying "read the labels" because that is me saying read the darn labels. Just because they call it a Protein Drink doesn't mean that it is high in the grams of Protein. Put good things in this new fabulous body that you are going to have to live in for the rest of your life. I plan on living until I am at least 100, so I need to take care of my body. I abused it for too many years!

Hugs and keep up the great work you are doing ladies! :biggrin0:

I've never looked at the K20 Protein waters. I didn't think they were high in carbs though.

I've never looked at the K20 Protein waters. I didn't think they were high in carbs though.

7grams of carbs, 30 calories, 5 grams Protein, 5 grams of Fiber in the Iced Tea flavor. I used them sparingly through the clears because I figured 7 grams of carbs a day wasn't horrible, and it helped me get those long 14 days. I moved up to full liquids today.

7grams of carbs, 30 calories, 5 grams Protein, 5 grams of Fiber in the Iced Tea flavor. I used them sparingly through the clears because I figured 7 grams of carbs a day wasn't horrible, and it helped me get those long 14 days. I moved up to full liquids today.

Congrats Tiff -- I bet that feels good ... 10 more days and mushies???

Okay - received my nectar samples today from Vitalady and am anxious to try them ... and hoping and praying I like them - or at least some of them, that I can order full size and actually be able to tolerate.

I think I'll start with the carribbean cooler since it got such RAVE reviews from Tiffykins! I'll keep you posted!

Congrats Tiff -- I bet that feels good ... 10 more days and mushies???

I go back to see Dr. M on Thursday to see how long I have to do full liquids. I'm hoping 10 days, but I have a feeling it'll be 14. I am having a hard time getting in any full liquids, and tolerating them.

I had some cream of potato Soup last night diluted, and blended. I added a small amount of cheese to taste, and least to say, that didn't go over well at all.

SF pudding works, and I'm just trying to take it slow. Today, I feel a little nauseated, and exhausted. But, zero pain or fever. It's just weird, I feel like I've been on clears for ages, and I'm comfortable with them, and moving onto to full liquids makes me nervous.

After purchasing 3 different kinds of unflavored Protein, I'm done with it. Can't do it. I can manage the Unjury chicken Soup flavor if I add a seasoning packet from ramen noodles. Guess I'll do that until I can scrounge up the money to waste on something else I won't like!!! (I kid, I kid)