Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear Liquids Only Stage?

And you would have a sore tongue

:lol0:LMAO!!!

And do tell my lovely sleeve sister how it is you KNOW that ? :help:

Can someone give me a lay-out of what type of diets I'll be on post surgery? I know I'll be on liquids for a while then mush food (by the way what is that). How long on each phase and what are clear liquids verses any other type of liquids? Thanks.

You'll get LOTs of paperwork from Dr. Aceves' office ... here is the most "step-by-step" description I could find in my emails from his office:

Here are a few ideas concerning the post op diet

Day 1 thru 5 ( clear liquids Only )

fruit juice ( apple, grape, cranberry )

Propel

broth

Jello-O

Water

Tea

Protein Water by Kellogg?s

Water popsicles

Clear Protein drinks only ( example Isopure, unjury )

Day 6-10 ( thin liquids )

All of the above and:

Natural Vegetable Juices ( example Carrot, V-8 juice )

Protein drinks mixed with water ( example Matrix )

whey nectar Protein Mix

Day 11 thru 20 ( full liquids )

Cream Soups

Yogurt

Jello-O

Boiled pureed fruit ( example apple, pear) applesauce

Watermelon, papaya or melon in small pieces

Low fat milk 1 or 2%

Water, Propel, tea

Soy beverages

sugar free pudding

Protein shakes and protein powders mixed with milk

Day 21 thru 30 ( soft food )

Soft food should be the consistency of a thick liquid ( no chunks or solid material ) and it should be chewed very well before swallowing until it is a liquid consistency )

Tofu

Low fat cottage cheese

Cereal

oatmeal

Precooked pureed rice

Low fat Yogurt

Yogurt mixed with fruit very well blended

Cream soups

eggs

Boiled pureed fruit ( example pear, apple )

Watermelon, papaya or melon in small pieces

Boiled pureed vegetables

Beans

Day 31st and beyond ( solid food )

Fish,

Chiken

meat

Turkey

Vegetables

Fruit

A diet consisting of 800 calories and 70 grams of protein should be your goal.

There is a book called " Weight loss Surgery for Dummies"

Authors: Kurian, Thompson and Davidson

You might find it helpful.

I contains several recipes and ideas on what to eat after surgery

Grilled Marinated tuna with Lime

Herbed Beef Patties

Turkey Meatballs

Seafood salad

chicken Salad

They all do it slightly differently. My surgeon doesn't do clear liquids. He does "thin" liquids. That isn't an official medical term though. His list looks like a clear liquids list mostly. But we can also have milk, Protein Shakes, Protein Drinks, etc. In the hopsital they called it "bariatric clears". The difference between "thin" liquids and "full liquids" is that we can't have yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding, etc. These are things that a lay perons wouldn't consider liquids, but are part of the official full liquid diet.< /p>

Did it have a smell to it? I am very sensitive to smell and while the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein didn't change the taste of the Propel, I couldn't get past the smell. :frown1:

I don't know. I don't have a sense of smell. My daughter has a nose like a blood hound though, and I told her to stick her nose in the container and give it a wiff. She said it had no smell.

I don't know. I don't have a sense of smell. My daughter has a nose like a blood hound though, and I told her to stick her nose in the container and give it a wiff. She said it had no smell.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a try then. :lol0:

Someone please tell this newbie what "TPN" is?

BTW you girls are hilarious! Guess I shouldn't read too many posts POST surgery:001_cool:

Someone please tell this newbie what "TPN" is?

BTW you girls are hilarious! Guess I shouldn't read too many posts POST surgery:001_cool:

Total Parenteral Nutrition, IV food for those that cannot consume their nutrition orally for whatever reason.

Not very yummy. ;o)

Tiffykins can explain all about it to you -- she was on one for awhile. Didn't sound like fun to me; however, one has to do what one has to do.

As for reading posts post-op -- just hold a pillow to your tummy ... or put your hand on the drain incision -- that is the only one that hurt me.:wink0:

I am trying to figure out how I will manage to get in Protein during the clear liquids stage. I tried the Unjury unflavored in my Water & I just couldn't overcome the smell. Perhaps it would be better mixed with Crystal Light? What are some good ways to get in protein while on clears only? Should I just concentrate on getting in my fluids until I progress to all Liquids?
Did the Unjury dissolve completely in your water, or could you see it? My problem with the GNC unflavored powder is that it makes the water a milky color instead of clear. Is there ANYTHING that mixes in clear?

No, it made my Propel very milky & cloudy looking. The look of it & the smell of it was more than I could handle. :thumbup1:

I don't know if there is any unflavored Protein powder that would mix clear in Water.

it's only day 1-5 that it has to be clear. 3 of those days I was in the hospital.

The milky color of the unflavored Protein powder didn't bother me because I used a glass that was not see through. I thought it tasted fine mixed in crystal lite.

the problem now is I have all this crystal lite left over, and all I drink is Water.