Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear Liquids Only Stage?

I am trying to figure out how I will manage to get in Protein during the Clear Liquids stage. I tried the Unjury unflavored in my Water & I just couldn't overcome the smell. Perhaps it would be better mixed with Crystal Light? What are some good ways to get in protein while on clears only? Should I just concentrate on getting in my fluids until I progress to all liquids?

Edited by TennJenn
I can't type today

My surgeon told me not to worry about Protein during the clear liquid stage, and to focus on getting in the full 64-80 oz of clear liquids.< /div>

WOW really Tiff? Man, Dr. Aceves and his staff have been pushing the Protein and that's the problems I've been having. I bought the Isopure - I can see why some call it Isopuke. I took the last bottle - some raspberry flavored and mixed it with raspberry Jello and made shooters -- they're setting up right now so I'll let you know how they turn out. Jello is allowed on Day 6, at least according to my Doc.

As I posted in another thread, I bought some Protein powder today that can be mixed with Water and the woman who recommended it says she uses it daily that it tastes good. She told me others they carried had higher protein but tasted like crap. I bought the one she recommended, so I will let you know how that tastes, as well, later today.

I know I'm not getting in the 70 gms they recommend, but at least I'm getting in something and hopefully these two new "discoveries" will help me get it all in in a day. I know that I sure run out of steam quick since surgery and can only rationalize that it's due to a drop in my protein intake.

WOW really Tiff? Man, Dr. Aceves and his staff have been pushing the Protein and that's the problems I've been having. I bought the Isopure - I can see why some call it Isopuke. I took the last bottle - some raspberry flavored and mixed it with raspberry Jello and made shooters -- they're setting up right now so I'll let you know how they turn out. Jello is allowed on Day 6, at least according to my Doc.

As I posted in another thread, I bought some Protein Powder today that can be mixed with Water and the woman who recommended it says she uses it daily that it tastes good. She told me others they carried had higher Protein but tasted like crap. I bought the one she recommended, so I will let you know how that tastes, as well, later today.

I know I'm not getting in the 70 gms they recommend, but at least I'm getting in something and hopefully these two new "discoveries" will help me get it all in in a day. I know that I sure run out of steam quick since surgery and can only rationalize that it's due to a drop in my protein intake.

Yeppers, he told me to not even worry about protein the first 7 days. Another girl, who had the sleeve here with a different surgeon had the same instructions. I am hoping come Monday, I can start clears and will be ecstatic just to taste water/broth/powerade zero/water with the Special K protein packets. . .

This TPN is wearing me down! ! !

The TPN bag has 80 grams of some sort of protein, and think that's the only thing that keeps me from napping all day.

Yeppers, he told me to not even worry about Protein the first 7 days. Another girl, who had the sleeve here with a different surgeon had the same instructions. I am hoping come Monday, I can start clears and will be ecstatic just to taste water/broth/powerade zero/water with the Special K Protein packets. . .

This TPN is wearing me down! ! !

The TPN bag has 80 grams of some sort of protein, and think that's the only thing that keeps me from napping all day.

I would imagine by Monday you'd be happy to even have Isopuke...:laugh0:

And I'm sure the 80 gms of protein is definitely keeping you going.

I would imagine by Monday you'd be happy to even have Isopuke...:laugh0:

And I'm sure the 80 gms of Protein is definitely keeping you going.

By Monday, dirty bath Water is going to sound appealing ! ! ! :eek:

By Monday, dirty bath Water is going to sound appealing ! ! ! :laugh0:

:eek: Now, that my dear, is gross! (But I totally understand)

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm just gonna have to keep searching for something I can stomach!

I'm right there with you ... my fridge and cabinets are full of trial and errors ...and the search goes on ...

I've posted this on quite a few threads. I bought GNC's brand of unflavored Protein powder and mixed it in everything clear. I had no trouble getting the protein in. I didn't think it changed the taste of anything I put it in.

I've posted this on quite a few threads. I bought GNC's brand of unflavored Protein powder and mixed it in everything clear. I had no trouble getting the Protein in. I didn't think it changed the taste of anything I put it in.

Did it have a smell to it? I am very sensitive to smell and while the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored protein didn't change the taste of the Propel, I couldn't get past the smell. :)

For anyone that is interested, SF popsicles (51 grams) are 1.8 oz of Fluid

So I could eat 60 of them a day and get in my fluids huh? :thumbup: