Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Weird Food

It's a runny, soft cheese.

My most exotic find in the produce section was leaks. I guess I need to be more adventurous.

I also have a story about cooking, me, and an ER visit. But I think I'll save it for later. :lol0:

Camembert is like brie - its a mild soft cheese. In greek cuisine, its often served crumbed and fried - talk about fattening?

leeks exotic? Wow, they're an ordinary boring veg here.

Try this, delicious!

Zucchini and Leek Soup (zucchini are courgettes, green ones).

Slice and wash 2 leeks, leave them wet

Chop a couple of slices of lean bacon, put some olive oil in a heavy based pot, and fry leeks and bacon, then pop the lid on, turn the heat down a bit and let the leeks sweat for 20 minutes or so, so they're nice and soft.

Now chop up about 3 green zucchini into rough slices, leaving skin on, and peel a small potato (potatoes give Soup body) - you'd only get the tiniest bit of potato in each serve.

Add enough chicken stock to cover (I like to make stock/broth with Vegeta if you have that on your shelves). Simmer till all the veges are really nice and soft, then blend up the soup with a stick blender. Stir in some cream (or evaporated milk if you're doing low fat).

Enjoy! A wonderful way to get your greens in and REALLY tasty.

I don't know if normal people consider leeks exotic but when I found a recipe for a meal with them, I had no idea what they looked like. Luckily they were on the shelf that's labeled.

Whats the best thing to eat at Lucerne (the hotel before surgery)?

Whats the best thing to eat at Lucerne (the hotel before surgery)?

FRENCH ONION SOUP!! FANTASTIC stuff! After I got rid of my band I could eat the pastry thinger on top. Great stuff.

I am definitely not the person to ask. After having my band completely unfilled, I went to the mall with the lady I rode with from San Diego and my last meal was a Jr. Whooper.

what kind of last meal should she get down there?

My husband, dtr & I went to the smallish Italian restaurant there on the hotel grounds. It was very very nice. Most of the seating was beside the huge wall of windows and you are looking out onto a beautiful resort area with pool and fountains. Very pleasant with supurb wait staff. They are dressed in tuxes and very attentive. The pricing was reasonable. food was excellent. The bread & dipping sauce was unbelievable. Oh my. I ate that too.

There is a cafe there on grounds also but to me it looked like a normal cafe. We went in and asked to look at menu. food sounded and looked good too. I had been told about the Italian place so since that is probably my favorite I chose to go there. I wanted 1 more Olive Garden type Tour Of Italy. I got much more than that.

I am going back to Mexicalli for my 3 month follow-up and plan to go there again.

Just have your wife decide what she would really like and go for it. Let us know what she chose.

Anything her little heart desires! Mexican, Italian, Chinese, whatever she wants!

I heard the Italian restaurant was all that great. Ruthi and I ate at the Mexican Restaurant - the one right across from check-in. It was wonderful... I had salmon with mushrooms, artichoke and some type of sauce. We also had some great bread. We both ordered Iced Tea -- however, be warned, it is much more like lemonade with a splash of tea added.

We were tired by the time we got there, our pre-op tests/meetings took longer than expected ... we did go out walking a little after that -- if you walk out the front doors of the lobby and hang a right - on the opposite side of the road, down a bit, are all kinds of restaurants if you don't want to eat at the Resort ... prices at the resort were very reasonable.

I heard the Italian restaurant was all that great. Ruthi and I ate at the Mexican Restaurant - the one right across from check-in. It was wonderful... I had salmon with mushrooms, artichoke and some type of sauce. We also had some great bread. We both ordered Iced Tea -- however, be warned, it is much more like lemonade with a splash of tea added.

We were tired by the time we got there, our pre-op tests/meetings took longer than expected ... we did go out walking a little after that -- if you walk out the front doors of the lobby and hang a right - on the opposite side of the road, down a bit, are all kinds of restaurants if you don't want to eat at the Resort ... prices at the resort were very reasonable.

We checked on the Mexican restaurant but is closed on Sundays, the night we were there. Good to know the food was good there too.