Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full on half cup of soup LOVE THE SLEEVE

I just had to shout I am 12 days post op and last night hubby and I went out to Soup plantation where i had Tomato Soup. (they let me order a to-go cup instead of paying $10 for the buffet) and I took my time sipping down 1/2 cup of soup and I was sooooo full. The best part? My brain was full too! Not only was I NOT physically hungry, but I was NOT MENTALLY hungry as well. I didn't want anymore and I was not tempted by the ice cream that was 25 ft away either! I watched hubby eat and it didn't bother me. Maybe it will eventually but it didn't. I am so shocked at the fact that I have to remember to eat. I keep thinking this wont last, and maybe it wont, but I am sure enjoying it while it lasts!!

I just had to shout I am 12 days post op and last night hubby and I went out to Soup plantation where i had Tomato Soup. (they let me order a to-go cup instead of paying $10 for the buffet) and I took my time sipping down 1/2 cup of soup and I was sooooo full. The best part? My brain was full too! Not only was I NOT physically hungry, but I was NOT MENTALLY hungry as well. I didn't want anymore and I was not tempted by the ice cream that was 25 ft away either! I watched hubby eat and it didn't bother me. Maybe it will eventually but it didn't. I am so shocked at the fact that I have to remember to eat. I keep thinking this wont last, and maybe it wont, but I am sure enjoying it while it lasts!!

Isn't your husband banded? How is he doing with his band?

It's wonderful when you feel full on a small amount of food. It sounds like you're doing great.

So it's true then that when you get the sleeve surgery you really don't feel hungry? I was told that the receptors stay at flat line and you really don't get hungry at all. . . this is so cool???

Eventually, your body will start producing some ghrelin again, but not anywhere near to the extent it was prior to your surgery. At almost six months out, I do experience occassional hunger, but it is usually true hunger and reminds me that it is time to eat, because I actually forget to sometimes.

I can't wait....I LOVE reading this stuff!!!! Y'all are real inspirations to those of us who haven't been 'sleeved' yet!!!

GREAT! You will be at your goal in no time!

i'm 10 days post op,and i can't say the same......

i may not be real hungry prior to my Soups, but i'm also not full after a cup.

i don't eat more but i really would like some kind of full feeling.......

maybe mushy or solids will work better later on......i do hope so.....

Well, in relation to Tdriver...I am a month out almost (2 more days). And I have had that satisfying FULL feeling a few times this month. But the the food addy in me freaks out and wants that feeling at every meal. I guess for now it is just occasional elation.

i'm 10 days post op,and i can't say the same......

i may not be real hungry prior to my Soups, but i'm also not full after a cup.

i don't eat more but i really would like some kind of full feeling.......

maybe mushy or solids will work better later on......i do hope so.....

Most definately you will have that full feeling once you start on mushies/solids. . .actually if you even take "just one more bite" you'll get that "I ate too much" feeling and be uncomfortable. . . you'll learn, it's all a learning process. . . I'm about 10 weeks out and am still learning. . .tummy sure does let you know if you eat too fast, don't chew well enough or had enough. . . very interesting, annoying, but interesting. . . good luck!

Tdriver, pureed foods really do help! Wednesday I'll be three weeks out and I'm full after every meal. I still to pure Protein like ground turkey, ground buffalo (trader joe's), chicken, salmon. I use a little sour cream to pureed it. I want that 1/2 cup (which is generally 2-3 oz of meat, fish) to be mostly protein. I find that I'm very satisfied for the next 4-5 hours after eating.

Tdriver, pureed foods really do help! Wednesday I'll be three weeks out and I'm full after every meal. I still to pure Protein like ground turkey, ground buffalo (trader joe's), chicken, salmon. I use a little sour cream to pureed it. I want that 1/2 cup (which is generally 2-3 oz of meat, fish) to be mostly Protein. I find that I'm very satisfied for the next 4-5 hours after eating.

You're the first person I've seen that has mentioned buffalo. My husband and I have left red meat almost totally behind and switched to bison a year ago. He had a blockage and after that scare and his stent was in place....we really changed a lot. We both read labels!! His nutritionist said that bison was so low in fat and especially sat. fat that it was like eating skinless chicken breast or fish...it is also very high in protein....perfect for me!!! The trick is I learned after much research, the buffalo must be nothing but grass fed, no grains at all. I order ours from a ranch in Texas and one in Wisconsin. Both ship the meat to our home on dry ice! It's soooo good!