Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not losing anymore!

I haven't lost anything in weeks either. I didn't have much to lose though because I had my band removed before I gained too much weight back. I'm sticking to eating what I know I am supposed to eat, and realizing the rest may come off slowly and may not come off at all. I have 7 more lbs I would like to lose.

I know if I stray from eating what I am supposed to and eat something like a piece of candy, I end up gaining a pound even though that candy is not 3500 calories. Then it will take me a week to take that lb off. So I am trying hard to not eat any sweets. Sweets are my big down fall.

Then you'd better stay out of your boss' office and away from those truffles you keep talking about. :thumbup1:

I haven't lost anything in weeks either. I didn't have much to lose though because I had my band removed before I gained too much weight back. I'm sticking to eating what I know I am supposed to eat, and realizing the rest may come off slowly and may not come off at all. I have 7 more lbs I would like to lose.

I know if I stray from eating what I am supposed to and eat something like a piece of candy, I end up gaining a pound even though that candy is not 3500 calories. Then it will take me a week to take that lb off. So I am trying hard to not eat any sweets. Sweets are my big down fall.

You gain a pound from eating one piece of candy? Maybe you need a new scale? Only 7 pounds to go is great!

Daisy, you are doing great. Ever since I had my sleeve, I have lost all interest in sweets. I have tried a couple of things, but they just don't taste good to me anymore. Now, if only that were the case with the salty, crunchy stuff, I would be in good shape.

I went through about a four week plateau recently. I was pretty upset because at first the weight was literally flying off. Then nothing for several weeks. I wasn't doing anything different, it just stopped coming off. I checked, and I wasn't losing inches either. Then, suddenly about three weeks ago it started dropping again. I was pleased. As long as I am not gaining, I am happy.

As a therapist, I will attempt to tackle the question of food/weight related therapy. Lots of people need the accountability-to-self piece of writing down what they eat and how much they exercise, other people focus on the head hunger issues-why am I eating? what emotions am I stuffing?etc., EMDR focuses on dealing with traumas to disconnect the heighted emotions/inaccurate cognitions that are stuck together with relationships, dating, sex, self esteem, self beliefs, etc. There is a lot more, but this is a start.

There are so many people who have said they've lost their taste for sweets. I wish I was one of them. I am hoping my vit D test will give me some answers. Being deficient in Vit. D is supposed to cause sweet cravings.

All those Protein drinks that everyone else says are too sweet, don't taste sweet enough to me. I add stevia to them!

There are so many people who have said they've lost their taste for sweets. I wish I was one of them. I am hoping my vit D test will give me some answers. Being deficient in Vit. D is supposed to cause sweet cravings.

All those Protein drinks that everyone else says are too sweet, don't taste sweet enough to me. I add stevia to them!

Oh Daisy, just the thought of that makes me gag! I wish I didn't find them too sweet and hope that with time that goes away - sure hope Protein Drinks stay a long time in the fridge, because at this rate, I'm never going to be able to drink them.

Do you have the powder to mix with Water? I would think that mixing them with more water called for would make them less sweet.

Ditto..same for me. I've lost 35lbs ..my BMI is 25.4 and I have not lost anymore weight in 2 wks. I eat very little and walk almost 2 miles a day.

I don't know what's up but I hate to think I had 60% of my stomach removed for 35 lbs when my goal was 55 lbs!

Don't worry Deb. You will lose what you want to lose. We all go on plateaus and it's very normal.

Have you guys thought about high Protein for 5 days, then high carbs for 2 days routine? You keep the calories the same. Apparently, some believe the body adapts to the high protein and you slow down the wt loss. I don't know, but yesterday I incorporated more carbs and finally lost a lb. Go figure..I don't know. Also, you know that vegetarians still get complete Proteins by combining certain carbs, like rice/beans. Just a thought, I am thinking of trying this out this week.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this. It has seemed to me that switching back and forth from a low calorie to a moderate calorie diet might really work to "trick" the body and prevent it from shutting down in "starvation mode", ie, plateau mode.

Does anyone know of some research on this concept?

Alex, do you know of any research on this subject???

Thanks.

Have you guys thought about high Protein for 5 days, then high carbs for 2 days routine? You keep the calories the same. Apparently, some believe the body adapts to the high Protein and you slow down the wt loss. I don't know, but yesterday I incorporated more carbs and finally lost a lb. Go figure..I don't know. Also, you know that vegetarians still get complete Proteins by combining certain carbs, like rice/beans. Just a thought, I am thinking of trying this out this week.

I knew you would lose again Deb. It just takes time. Sometimes our bodies just want to get used to the new weight before it's willing to give away anymore lbs.

Whenever I do high carb, I get in trouble. I've never had an issue with not losing on low carb though.