Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted To Clarify Something

You will also find this posted on the thread related to my surgeon Dr Contreras. It is important that erroneous info be cleared up. This is a reply I sent to another poster based on her alleging that another physician with the same name was actually the surgeon I used.

This is untrue and I wanted to set the record straight. Here is my cut and pasted reply to the other poster.

Not sure where you got your "facts". Same name but totally different surgeon so far as I know. Might want to check out your posts for veracity before posting things like this.

Additionally my most recent internet check (this morning) indicates it is a well know and highly rated clinic (albeit alternative medicine). The Dr Contreras that you are referring to also has a new book coming out that is edited/co-written/recommended by many well known and vetted cancer surgeons and other physicians.

You will also find this posted on the thread related to my surgeon Dr Contreras. It is important that erroneous info be cleared up. This is a reply I sent to another poster based on her alleging that another physician with the same name was actually the surgeon I used.

This is untrue and I wanted to set the record straight. Here is my cut and pasted reply to the other poster.

Not sure where you got your "facts". Same name but totally different surgeon so far as I know. Might want to check out your posts for veracity before posting things like this.

Additionally my most recent internet check (this morning) indicates it is a well know and highly rated clinic (albeit alternative medicine). The Dr Contreras that you are referring to also has a new book coming out that is edited/co-written/recommended by many well known and vetted cancer surgeons and other physicians.

Welcome back Phx, thought you left us on the other ID.

Welcome back Phx, thought you left us on the other ID.

I answered this already in a PM to you but since you chose to take this public so be it.

After communication with Alex I opted to return in large part prompted by the erroneous info posted by another poster about my surgeon.

I think this forum should be about facts and it is important to me that erroneous, inaccurate and biased info not go unchallanged.

I expect my posts will likely be edited by you as they have in the past. I expect that there will be continued questioning of my credibility as has happened in the past.

Let me say I can back up my "facts" and my opinions are my own and not stated as facts. As far as my identity goes I am also able to prove who I am and what my occupation is.

I answered this already in a PM to you but since you chose to take this public so be it.

After communication with Alex I opted to return in large part prompted by the erroneous info posted by another poster about my surgeon.

I think this forum should be about facts and it is important to me that erroneous, inaccurate and biased info not go unchallanged.

I expect my posts will likely be edited by you as they have in the past. I expect that there will be continued questioning of my credibility as has happened in the past.

Let me say I can back up my "facts" and my opinions are my own and not stated as facts. As far as my identity goes I am also able to prove who I am and what my occupation is.

You had one post removed due to attacking a member under your other ID. That is against the rules as was explained to you before you left the forum in a huff saying you would never return. If you follow the general rules of the forum

Now, you refer to posts that have been edited. I am aware of one post. Please provide evidence that I have edited more than one of your posts.

You had one post removed due to attacking a member under your other ID. That is against the rules as was explained to you before you left the forum in a huff saying you would never return. If you follow the general rules of the forum

Now, you refer to posts that have been edited. I am aware of one post. Please provide evidence that I have edited more than one of your posts.

Let me continue to clarify things for you.

1) I did not "leave in a huff". I left after considering the pros and cons of staying on this board given the level of animosty that has been shown.

2) I did NOT attack another member, I replied to your previous post, albeit strongly but not much different from your approach to me both on this and other boards.

3) Once again you find little "technical" things to " call me out on". Indeed only one of my posts was "edited" but that is because I left shortly after that incident. I believe I stated that I expected my posts to be edited as they had been. Just to make sure there is no further misunderstanding .. I expect my future posts to be edited as A previous post was prior to my leaving the board.

Let me continue to clarify things for you.

1) I did not "leave in a huff". I left after considering the pros and cons of staying on this board given the level of animosty that has been shown.

2) I did NOT attack another member, I replied to your previous post, albeit strongly but not much different from your approach to me both on this and other boards.

3) Once again you find little "technical" things to " call me out on". Indeed only one of my posts was "edited" but that is because I left shortly after that incident. I believe I stated that I expected my posts to be edited as they had been. Just to make sure there is no further misunderstanding .. I expect my future posts to be edited as A previous post was prior to my leaving the board.

Do you notice double standards here? You insist and demand to the point of feetie stomping that I back up everything I write and then when I suggest the same rules apply to you, it is somehow different. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Okay, I'm putting on the Mod Hat here. This is not going to turn into a thread similar to your threads on the other board. If you have personal issues with anyone including me you need to take it to PM. The boards are not the place for it.

If you want to bicker and argue, take it to PM. This is not OH, we do not tolerate the same behaviors they do there. I have already had one complaint about your posts therefore all these petty issues need to go to PM.

It looks like it most certainly is the same Contreras. Considering they used to link the lap band site (when it existed) to the cancer site:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/695470-post16.html

I agree that this hostility belongs in a PM. What I would like to know about is your experience with the sleeve and how you are maintaining a huge weight loss. I'm newly sleeved and so are a lot of the members. We are eager to learn from the experienced sleevers.

The older Dr. Contreras is the WLS's Contreras's father. They work together at the Oasis of Hope, which is on a watch list of cancer clinics that are considered troubling.

:thumbdown:Holy cow!!!! people come here for comfort and friendship and support.....NOT to listen to petty bickering....get a life people!

:thumbdown:Holy cow!!!! people come here for comfort and friendship and support.....NOT to listen to petty bickering....get a life people!

You -did- notice the dates on the posts, right?

Pullllease....bicker in the private message session!