Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Texas Sleevers???

I am looking for a sleeve buddy in my area. :wink1:

Hello fellow Texans,

Im in the Houston area. I have not have my sleeve yet. Just curious who did you all go to?

We should all get together one day.:thumbup1:

I used Dr. Vadim Sherman in Baylor College of Medicine. He is absolutely wonderful. I had my surgery on 3/24/09 and have lost 40lbs. I am located in Conroe, Tx and would love to chat and meet up with others from this group.:thumbup1:

I used Dr. Vadim Sherman in Baylor College of Medicine. He is absolutely wonderful. I had my surgery on 3/24/09 and have lost 40lbs. I am located in Conroe, Tx and would love to chat and meet up with others from this group.:thumbup1:

Do you mind telling me his rate for cash payers? Also, how was postoperative pain, etc?

I would love to get together with fellow sleevers and sleevers to be. Support systems def. help with weight loss.

I was in alot of pain, at one point I even said I am to old for this. But once I pushed through the pain and started doing as the nurses told me and got out of the bed I felt much better and it got alot easier. I have a low pain tolerance....LOL...:thumbup1:

Me....me...pick me!!!

I was sleeved on January 27th in Houston. 50# down....about 50 more to go :thumbup1:

Me....me...pick me!!!

I was sleeved on January 27th in Houston. 50# down....about 50 more to go :thumbup1:

Congrats to you!!! Who was your surgeon & would you recommend him or her.

I live near Katy TX. I don't know a single person that has had a sleeve, so it's really nice to have some folks to relate to.

Dr. Aceves, in Mexicali, did my sleeve on 1/28/09. I lost 24 lbs prior to surgery, and have lost 64 since. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself & I haven't regretted it for one second! So, those of you who are already sleeved: are you exercising? Noticing big changes? How far to goal? My doctor didn't set a goal for me. I decided on 150 lbs - it looked pretty good on me 15 years ago. Funny how my body's changed since then, tho. I've still got 21 lbs to go & I already have no butt or boobs!

I had a stomach stapling and had complications so went with a sleeve. I started at 218 pre sleeve was 208, now at 179 11 weeks out. So i have lost 39 lbs total. I have a curves membership and exercise 3 times a week. Some times it is difficult for me due to me having multiple sclerosis. I find it very easy to use this as an excuse. I always get dressed and go and do what I can even if it isnt the whole 30 minutes.

Sleeved in Houston July 28 by Felix Spiegel. I'm down 27 pounds. No complaints at all. I love my sleeve.