Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Definitely tired of clears! :thumbup1: I am not hungry, but I do miss food. The hardest time for me is when I am cooking for my kids. OMG, everything smells SOOO good! I just want some kind of texture in my mouth!

I try to take it day by day...

Yeah, I've been cooking like CRAZY. Making amazing dinners for my boyfriend every night - I think I'm living vicariously through him and I just love the way everything smells. My sense of smell is so honed right now. Also finding myself reading waaay too much about food on blogs, etc.

Wow, I am impressed. When I was on liquids only, I wouldn't even go near the kitchen. My sixteen year old daughter did all the cooking for my hubby and her, and even fixed my liquid meals for me.

Clears will be gone before you know it.

Then it's onward to yogurt, drinkable yogurt, delicious Protein drinks, Soups. Egg drop Soup was my favorite.

Clears definitely suck and not getting to chew isn't much fun either. When I was on fulls - almost ready to move to mushies, I was cutting up some celery -- I cut a little piece - chewed it and then spit it out ... it helped get me through a "craving" for texture. Hang in there, this too shall pass!!

I will have my procedure on July 29. Doing the pre-op diet now and of course everything has carbs in it.

Got some great ideas from this board about what I can eat. Thanks everyone.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

Hi Fluffy! Welcome to VST!

I'm also not even worrying about Protein until I get on mushies. I do already have my first mushy meal planned, and I'm still a week and a half away!

My doc has me on clears for the first three days after surgery only. Curious as to how long you guys are on clears after surgery? Also how long on fulls?

I'm clears day 1-3, then fulls days 4-14, then pureed foods.

I'm also not even worrying about Protein until I get on mushies. I do already have my first mushy meal planned, and I'm still a week and a half away!

My doc has me on clears for the first three days after surgery only. Curious as to how long you guys are on clears after surgery? Also how long on fulls?

I'm clears day 1-3, then fulls days 4-14, then pureed foods.

Dr. Aceves' post-op diet is 10 days clears, 10 days full liquids, 10 days mushies. I just started full liquids...can't wait for mushies! :001_smile: BTW, what is your plan for your first mushie meal?

Well, the bari-bible they gave me said that Taco Bell has some pintos and cheese that work for mushies! So I might try that. Some friends brought over some chicken and rice Soup yesterday, and I can't have it yet, so I froze it in individual servings. I might blend some of that up. Anyone have trouble with white rice?

Amanda, I don't have a real problem with rice, but it is a food I have to be careful with. Reason being, rice is one of those foods that tends to swell up in your tummy after you eat it, which can be pretty uncomfortable if you eat too much of it.

Well, the bari-bible they gave me said that Taco Bell has some pintos and cheese that work for mushies! So I might try that. Some friends brought over some chicken and rice Soup yesterday, and I can't have it yet, so I froze it in individual servings. I might blend some of that up. Anyone have trouble with white rice?

I had pinto and Beans - they were great - only thing is, I forgot they put taco sauce on them and that caused me to have some heartburn -- next time I'll order them without the taco sauce --oh, I also got a side order of sour cream, that helped to make them a bit more mushie, if that makes sense. They tasted great.

I had pinto and Beans - they were great - only thing is, I forgot they put taco sauce on them and that caused me to have some heartburn -- next time I'll order them without the taco sauce --oh, I also got a side order of sour cream, that helped to make them a bit more mushie, if that makes sense. They tasted great.

OH SWEET! I love sour cream. Now I'm super excited! Now that I look, the list also says I can have the inside of a bean burrito? I'm gonna go stalk the Taco Bell menu. So ready to chew something!

Susan, I figured as much on the rice. I drained some of the Soup that I didn't freeze tonight and it was fantastic, so I will try a little of it pureed later on. :)

OH SWEET! I love sour cream. Now I'm super excited! Now that I look, the list also says I can have the inside of a bean burrito? I'm gonna go stalk the Taco Bell menu. So ready to chew something!

I would think the inside of a bean burrito would be the same as the pinto and cheese, only not as much of it - which would be okay because you're not going to be able to eat that much anyway. You could probably order the bean burrito with sour cream -- don't forget, they usually have onions -- I always order mine without, because I don't like onions.