Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

With the band out and the sleeve done, I am enjoying being able to eat healthy foods. Roasted veggies are fabulous. I line a pan with foil, spread out the veggies (asparagus today), and lightly spray them with Pam olive oil and then sprinkle with a little onion powder and salt and pepper. Bake for 20 min at 425 degrees and enjoy... healthy and filling.

I've noticed a lot of people talking about veges etc on this forum. I was told it is critical to get enough Protein in. It aids recovery, and more importantly stops your hair falling out.

I'm sure roasted veges are wonderful, but you should be having some Protein with them - piece of fish/chicken or Beans etc. Egg is also good.

Have you been told this as well?

I've noticed a lot of people talking about veges etc on this forum. I was told it is critical to get enough Protein in. It aids recovery, and more importantly stops your hair falling out.

I'm sure roasted veges are wonderful, but you should be having some Protein with them - piece of fish/chicken or Beans etc. Egg is also good.

Have you been told this as well?

I prefer veggies over protein. I prefer steamed veggies and eat them all the time. Yum!

I have a marinade I make of low sodium soy sauce (or Bragg's Aminos is what I use) and balsamic vinegar. I add that with a touch of roasted sesame oil and spray it on my veggies to roast.

Delicious!!

Also, to the person who mentioned Protein - definitely getting your Protein in is good, but you can also have a bite or two of good veggies with all your bites of protein. Especially as you get further out and have more room, save some room for veggies!

Your BMs will thank you for it!

LOL... love the BM comment! I am not a Protein junkie and have some for lunch or dinner or both. My blood work results are all fine and I feel good. I don't have roasted veggies everyday but I enjoy them and will have just that for lunch on occasion. Fresh fruits are great... 17 cherries is >80 calories is filling, healthy, and has Fiber.< /span>

I love roasted vegetables. I also use little garlic on them.

I also love vegetables on the BBQ. A couple of years ago costco had the greatest thing. It was a package of vegetables already cut for roasting/BBQing. It had portabellas, peppers, onions, squash all in one package so you didn't have to buy all those vegies and cut them up. It was a particularly good deal if you were cooking for one or two.

With the band out and the sleeve done, I am enjoying being able to eat healthy foods. Roasted veggies are fabulous. I line a pan with foil, spread out the veggies (asparagus today), and lightly spray them with Pam olive oil and then sprinkle with a little onion powder and salt and pepper. Bake for 20 min at 425 degrees and enjoy... healthy and filling.

Elizabeth -- I wanted to let you know that I took your idea and made roasted veggies last night when we had some friends over for dinner ... I cut up zucchini, yellow square, new potatoes, sliced sweet potatoes, and green, yellow, red and orange peppers. I lined a pan used for the grill with foil, sprayed it with Pam Olive Oil (thanks for that suggestion too) sprinkled with a little garlic powder, spread them out, sprayed more olive oil and layed asparagus over the top -- sealed it with foil and my fiance cooked it on the grill for about 15 minutes. I also fixed the tilapia with orange juice, salt and pepper and Bob fixed that on the grill as well (9 minutes on top rack). I also fixed a green salad. The meal was delicious and our guests raved about it.

Keep the recipes coming ... I'm always looking for new ideas.

Elizabeth -- I wanted to let you know that I took your idea and made roasted veggies last night when we had some friends over for dinner ... I cut up zucchini, yellow square, new potatoes, sliced sweet potatoes, and green, yellow, red and orange peppers. I lined a pan used for the grill with foil, sprayed it with Pam Olive Oil (thanks for that suggestion too) sprinkled with a little garlic powder, spread them out, sprayed more olive oil and layed asparagus over the top -- sealed it with foil and my fiance cooked it on the grill for about 15 minutes. I also fixed the tilapia with orange juice, salt and pepper and Bob fixed that on the grill as well (9 minutes on top rack). I also fixed a green salad. The meal was delicious and our guests raved about it.

Keep the recipes coming ... I'm always looking for new ideas.

Don't you love it when you can serve a healthy meal and have everyone enjoy it? I'm glad it worked for you and I'll have to think of more to post.

Don't you love it when you can serve a healthy meal and have everyone enjoy it? I'm glad it worked for you and I'll have to think of more to post.

And on top of that, it was all done outdoors on the grill so no heating up the kitchen, which in Las Vegas in the summer is a big deal believe me. Although I have to admit the weather has been totally awesome this week -- highs in the 80s which is wonderful ... would be happy to have that all summer long (yes, I am dreaming, the 110s will hit soon enough)