Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gsegura: talk to your doctor or his nurse. your nerves are warrented. Get comfortable before you take this action. You will be more successfull. I researched for 8 months, lurked on here for 3. I made the cheap-o decision to go to TJ. Thank God nothing bad happened to me. I cannot reccomend the experience to anyone else. Too much of a chance. I feel extremly lucky. I could use a support group in OC. I tried to start one back in Feb. Got no takers at the time. If you get a group going, please friend me and I will try to make a meeting when I am in town. (Itravel a lot) My town is Anaheim.Good luck to you, take your time, there is no hurry here. Get comfortable!

Still finding my way around this forum. I live in Calimesa...45 miles west of Palm Springs, about 70 miles east of Los Angeles just off of I-10. Surgery in five days. Had the final pre-op tests this morning. I am excited and of course a little nervous. I am self pay, and this is my 70th Birthday gift to myself, surgery is 9 days before my birthday. I am beginning a new chapter in my life. :thumbdown:

It is a very good thing!!

:)Enjoying the happy dance for the new me.

Wishing you the best on your surgery! My prayers and best wishes are with you. Please keep us posted. Try not to get too nervious, the surgery is not as hard as it seems, really!

I live in Sacramento and was sleeved on May 11th by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. My experience was wonderful, and I haven't had any problems with my recovery. I'd love to talk to some local sleevsters.

Deborah

im in los angeles.... and would love to have someone in my area....im getting sleeved on july 1st....and im kinda scarrrrrred...lol

Welcome Chrissy! You will love being on the loosing side. LOL

Hope you are feeling ok. take it easy and sip sip sip. walk walk walk.

PM me if you have any questions you want to ask not for publication.

Be well..

Hey, I am in the Sacto area too. Who did your sleeve? We should start our own support group, the ones I go to seem to be full of the thoses "over the moon" successful sleeveters, I would like to start a group of people who really, truly need the support. Yes, I have lost a considerable amount of weight and w/o the VG I would still weigh 214 lbs., but my PCP thinks the "VG" is cheating and I will gain it all back anyway (not!) I can never eat as much as I used to. But, my VG doctor thinks I should eat under 900 cals per day, all lean Protein, which at 11 mos out, believe me, you will feel hunger again, not like before, but it does come back along with your ability to eat more, drink carbonated sodas and drink liquids with your meals, coffee with your breakfast..serious, you can after your stomach swelling goes away and your stomach can stretch up to a cup of food, and a milk shake goes down w/o a hitch. So...where is the inbetween support? Not with my PCP or surgeon. I would like a group of VGs who understand and have experienced the rapid, no hunger weightloss and then settled back down into normal living, normal eating, normal hunger weight loss. Anyway, that is what I am looking for..not the judgment that I "cheated" that is BS...you wouldn't tell a heart patient they "cheated" if they had a cornary artery bypass, so we did save our lives with this surgery..and I don't want to be judged because I can't stick to 900 calories of lean protein the rest of my life. There is a middle ground, the sane middle ground, where I belong.

Hey steph! I was sleeved by Kaiser RICHMOND Dr. Im was my surgeon. I would LOVE to have a support group and or met you or other people from Sacramento who are sleeved! I am new and just started my yogurt, pudding ect. I see many people have VERY VERY different diets depending on where they where sleeved ect. I would love to meet and talk!

Edited by chrissysodapop
wrong info

If you guys want to do an "on lin " meeting once a week, I am in. I get on lineMondays for the monday morning weigh ins.We could goto the chat room at a certian time and discuss any issues that have come up during the week . I think it would be easy to meet more than once a week if necessary.

I tried to get a group of SOCal girls together for coffee and talk. aNever happened.

Darn it.

I wish you better luck.

Steph: your Dr. is a jerk. get one that supports you. This sleeve is just a tool. We still have to do the work~USe the darn tool. That is where I get in trouble, not using the tool I have been given. It happens in every weight loss venue. I have to say, it is much easier to get back on the Protein wagon than B4 VSG.

Chrissy: how goes the burping? walking?

I would also love to be involved with some sort of support group. I was sleeved six weeks ago by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. The experience was great, and I check in with his office at least every 10 days and will be going back there in August for 3 month post op tests. However, I have yet to tell my PCP that I actually had the surgery because I expect to get a diet and exercise lecture. Obviously, I have done that, many many times. So my main support is on VSG forums and on Dr. Aceves Yahoo group site. I can't meet, in person or on-line, during the work day, but evenings or weekends would work for me.

Deborah

Hi all! I just got sleeved on July 8. I'm from Los Angeles, and looking for support groups that meet on a regular basis. I'd appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Hellooo Californians!!

I am in Sacramento, CA and I am also going to see Dr. Aceves. I am due to have surgery for him to remove my Lap-Band and replace it with VSG on September 15th. I can't wait!

I'm so glad to find you all, and I really can't believe how many of us are in the Sacramento Area. This makes me so happy! :laugh0:)

It would be great for all of us to get together for our own support group meetings. Anyone is welcome to join as long as its not too far a drive for you. We can make up meeting times that fits everyone's schedule. Shouldnt' be too difficult.

Where would we meet? It's really hard to find anyone in this area that has had the sleeve. Most everyone has the band or gastric bypass.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from all of you! :thumbup:

Edited by LilMissDiva
wrong date!

Hi everyone. I'm from Southern California, Los Angeles area. I was sleeved on August 20, 2010. I'm one week out. I attend my surgeons local support group meeting in Burbank. If anyone is interested, sent me a message and I can give you information. If you are in the area and looking for a surgeon, mine is our guest speaker at our upcoming meeting on September 15. Anyone else interested in chatting or what not, send me a message.