Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevesters

Anyone else get their sleeve in Sept. '08?

Yeah!

So... at this far out, how much do you eat?

Hey there MacMadame...I've been meaning to get back with you about the amounts and what I am eatting this far out. This weekend has proven to be crazy busy, leaving me just enough time online to check e-mail and that's about it! My son Graduated PRE-K Saturday!! Then we followed that with an excuse to have a party and friends at the pool!! It was great fun, but I do plan on getting back with you later today. I will talk later.

Crystal

Hey, my son graduated from HS on Sat!

I am thinking about stopping losing weight and maintaining. But then I freak out when the scale goes up a pound -- even though in maintenance your weight is going to fluctuate. I've also been super-hungry lately. So my eating is very much in flux as I try to figure out what works for me.

Hey, my son graduated from HS on Sat!

I am thinking about stopping losing weight and maintaining. But then I freak out when the scale goes up a pound -- even though in maintenance your weight is going to fluctuate. I've also been super-hungry lately. So my eating is very much in flux as I try to figure out what works for me.

I went through that too at goal. I finally had to give myself a 5# "give or take" and then I was able to relax. But think about it, unlike a year ago you can put weight on or take it off, it is your choice this time.

I think it's because deep down I want to lose a few more pounds. But I don't want to continue to eat 1200-1400 calories a day, either.

Ok...at 9 months post op...my eatting habbits are most likely not what they should be. Usually in the morning I enjoy 3/4 of a packet of oatmeal flavored with applesauce and splenda. Followed by a cup of coffee *YUMMY*. Then between Breakfast and lunch, I usually fill in a snack with 4 mini beef sticks and a stick of pepper Jack cheese. lunch is usually a very tiny serving of leftovers from the night before. Between lunch and supper is a snack usually consisting of fresh fruits or more beef sticks with pepper jack cheese (my favorite snack). I really do need to start tracking my eatting. I tend to feel that I do eat way too many carbs and not nearly enough protien. For supper a regular meal I will prepare is usually a beef steak and gravy with rice (I usually subsitute my rice with slightly steamed cabbage), some frozen veggies sauteed, following supper I usually enjoy ending my day with a cup of yogurt. You seem very in order and organized...what kind of eatting habits do you have this far out? I do exercise on a regular basis...I attend personal training 2x's a week for muscle toning, and I do cardio the rest of the week...I just bought a new cardio program for the Wii FIT...It's a killer!!!

I track all my food on MyFitnessPal.com. I still mostly only eat 3-4 oz. at a time but lately I've been able to eat more at lunch. Unlike most people, I start out the day wide-open and get tighter as the day progresses.

My schedule has recently changed and I haven't worked out a new routine. But meals such as lunch or dinner tend to be meat and veggies. I sometimes have a few bites of potato. Once in a while I'll do Soup or a salad... I put a lot of cottage cheese and egg on the salad if it's from a salad bar and I get salad with grilled chicken if I'm at a restaurant.

Snacks tend to be yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, nuts or trail mix, Protein hot chocolate or a Protein Bar. Sometimes I do fruit or beef Jerky. Breakfast is almost always a Protein shake. Sometimes I put fruit in it and sometimes I do not.

When I work out, I do trail mix, gels, sports drinks (I mix in a compatible Protein Drink to up the protein), Protein Bars and bananas. I'm still experimenting with that as well.

At this point, I still don't really eat bread or Pasta. I do sometimes have pizza and will eat the crust. But I've never been a big bread person and Pasta now sits too heavy in my sleeve.

I exercise 7-8x a week on 5 different days but I'm trying to get up to 9-10x a week. I'm training for a Half-Ironman and I need to do more than I've been doing. I just started working out with a personal trainer and I run 3-4 times a week, bike 2-3 and swim 1 time. I need to get another swim and another strength session in there!

You seem soo organized...I dont know that I could ever be that together!! Your exercise regiment is amazing!! Mine seems pathetic compared to yours, but it is a whole lot more than before surgery (aka. None)...I have a personal trainer 2x's a week, and do a strenous (so I think) cardo workout on the Wii Fit.

It's all relative. I don't do nearly as much as a lot of other triathletes training for my distances. Which worries me a bit but there are only so many hours in a day!