Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am loving my sleeve too

I am cleared to eat solids but haven't done it yet as I am under a lot of stress dealing with my dad's fractured pelvis. I am in Arizona and he fell again today and I am waiting to hear if he now has a broken hip.

I have been eating around my brother who knows nothing about me having sleeve surgery so I am playing it safe and sticking with mushies. It's working

out fine.

I love that I am never hungry and don't have to worry about what to eat.

I've just been eating those little tins of chicken salad. I keep them in my dad's room and then just have Soup when I go out with my brother. It's great! No hunger or feeling temped to eat a meal.

I am cleared to eat solids but haven't done it yet as I am under a lot of stress dealing with my dad's fractured pelvis. I am in Arizona and he fell again today and I am waiting to hear if he now has a broken hip.

I have been eating around my brother who knows nothing about me having sleeve surgery so I am playing it safe and sticking with mushies. It's working

out fine.

I love that I am never hungry and don't have to worry about what to eat.

I've just been eating those little tins of chicken salad. I keep them in my dad's room and then just have Soup when I go out with my brother. It's great! No hunger or feeling temped to eat a meal.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and hope that all goes well for you there.

No, sorry to say things have gone from bad to worse. he fell out of his wheelchair today and broke his femur/hip. They lost his teeth a week ago so he has hardly eaten or had much to drink in a week, and now they are talking about doing surgery. I don't think he can make it through surgery but we'll see. It's his decision. there is nothing wrong with his mind.

I will probably spend the evening in the bathroom since I went to the dairy queen and got ice cream, my usual stress reliever. I didn't have any lactaid on me and I know now what milk products do to me.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Thanks everyone. The good news is that there is a computer for me to use right outside his room. He came through the surgery for his broken hip and I am really glad I will be getting him out of the place he was in and into a better place.

I think I will be returning to Arizona very frequently now. There is a great Airlines, Alegiant air that is $59 each way. I am working on getting a replacement for me at work, who wants to work part time. I am sure I can work it out with my boss for her to work for me so I can come down here once a month or so.

How are all the revisions doing with weight loss now that you can eat things you couldn't with the band?

I am at a total standstill....I lost 15 imediately after the revision, but have gained it back and not losing anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nancy

I haven't gained anything back that I lost during the post op diet and I have lost 5 more.

Are you snacking a lot or not exercising?

I haven't gained anything back either. I have been losing at a fairly consistent rate, other than a few weeks where I plateaued. Like Daisy, I am wondering what you are eating.

Not exercising....and grazing....

I lost 112 with the band before the revision and I hate to gain it back.....I just want to start losing again so it looks like I need to get busy!!!

I haven't gained anything back either. I have been losing at a fairly consistent rate, other than a few weeks where I plateaued. Like Daisy, I am wondering what you are eating.

I guess I cannot tell a lie....I have been getting back into some very old BAD habits.....carbs...etc....so it's my own fault. But I am always hungry....which I thought was supposed to go away with the sleeve???

And I work for the surgeon who did my surgery....so maybe I have "bariatric burnout" !!!

I guess I cannot tell a lie....I have been getting back into some very old BAD habits.....carbs...etc....so it's my own fault. But I am always hungry....which I thought was supposed to go away with the sleeve???

And I work for the surgeon who did my surgery....so maybe I have "bariatric burnout" !!!

Get back on track by eating solid Proteins and get your carbs from fresh fruits. They are low in calories and high in Fiber so you feel full quickly. Stick to 3 meals a day and keep Water with you to stay hydrated. You CAN do this.

Get back on track by eating solid Proteins and get your carbs from fresh fruits. They are low in calories and high in Fiber so you feel full quickly. Stick to 3 meals a day and keep Water with you to stay hydrated. You CAN do this.

That DOES make sense!! I find that when I DO eat the right things...I stay fuller longer as you said. I just need to get back in the healthy habits again!!

Thanks Elisabeth!!:scared0:

Are you sure it's real hunger and not head hunger. I have been snacking myself today, but it was total head hunger. I am never really hungry anymore

Nancy, in the past, when I have strayed and have trouble getting back on track, I have done the five day pouch test. It helps get rid of all those carb cravings and gets you going again. Here is the link if you are interested in trying it out:

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test