Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After suffering with the band, I decided to revise to the sleeve and am just shy of 2 months post-op. I dealt with a lot of guilt when I had the band because I followed all the rules but could not make the band work for me.

My banding surgery took place over 3 years ago and we weren't hearing much about complications when I decided to have the procedure. Now, more people are coming forward and it seems like people either do great with the band or regret the day they decided to get one.

It seems like a lot of people are deciding to revise to the sleeve and I haven't met anyone who is not happy with his/her decision. I wanted to feel full on small amounts of food and that's what the VSG does for me. My heartburn and relux are gone and I'm able to eat healthy foods again. The band actually prevented me from eating fruits, vegetables, and a host of other things and I'm loving being able to eat anything in small amounts.

I look forward to hearing how others are doing.

After suffering with the band, I decided to revise to the sleeve and am just shy of 2 months post-op. I dealt with a lot of guilt when I had the band because I followed all the rules but could not make the band work for me.

My banding surgery took place over 3 years ago and we weren't hearing much about complications when I decided to have the procedure. Now, more people are coming forward and it seems like people either do great with the band or regret the day they decided to get one.

It seems like a lot of people are deciding to revise to the sleeve and I haven't met anyone who is not happy with his/her decision. I wanted to feel full on small amounts of food and that's what the VSG does for me. My heartburn and relux are gone and I'm able to eat healthy foods again. The band actually prevented me from eating fruits, vegetables, and a host of other things and I'm loving being able to eat anything in small amounts.

I look forward to hearing how others are doing.

You know, every noob loves their surgery type in the beginning. The real key is how much someone loves their surgery type after a year or so. I am 363 days post op and I love my sleeve. It's carefree, easy, effective, everything good. I love it.

How are all the revisions doing with weight loss now that you can eat things you couldn't with the band?

I am at a total standstill....I lost 15 imediately after the revision, but have gained it back and not losing anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nancy

I have a lap band right now and am doing pretty well. I am looking into the sleeve in case my band stops working! I am interested in learning all I can about the sleeve from all of you!. :)

I have a lap band right now and am doing pretty well. I am looking into the sleeve in case my band stops working! I am interested in learning all I can about the sleeve from all of you!. :)

Welcome Colorado Chick - read all the posts and you'll learn LOTS...and what you don't see - ASK!

How are all the revisions doing with weight loss now that you can eat things you couldn't with the band?

I am at a total standstill....I lost 15 imediately after the revision, but

have gained it back and not losing anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nancy

I am loving my sleeve. It's so much easier to live with than the band. We all still have to make good food choices, but that is one of the things I find easier with the sleeve. Good food choices, in small portions!:)

How about gurgling...do you gurgle with your sleeve. I got a fill a couple of weeks ago...number 6 by the way and ever single thing I put in my mouth, liquids or solids, I'm gurgling to the point that it is embarassing. It is soooo loud and I have to excuse myself all the time. Don't get me wrong...gurgling wouldn't bother me one bit if I was losing. I've been eating very little and 85% is great food choices and my scale is not moving at all...in 8 months! :( Anyway, I too am seriously considering the sleeve. I know we still have to chew well, but I'd be excited to actually eat meat with out throwing it all up. People keep saying we have to make good food choices and get our protien in..well, I'm all for that but would like to be able to keep it down....

I am looooovvving this forum...thanks to everyone for all the great info :001_smile:

You can eat meat with the sleeve and not throw it up. It does not get stuck, but you fill up on it really fast. You do throw it up if you eat too much of it, because your stomach is TINY. It's hard to learn how little to eat. I am full awhile after I am done eating. We are used to eating until we are full, but you can't with the sleeve. You feel more full 10 minutes after you're done eating, and then you are in trouble.

Had the lap band surgery in April 08. It did not work like I thought it would. I only lost about 17 lbs then gained it all back and then some. I hated to go and get the fills, food would get stuck sometimes and I would puke it up. I was always HUNGRY. :mad: My insurance paid for the band. When I inquired about the sleeve the doctor's office said that BCBS Federal would not cover the sleeve. :sad0: So, I did self pay. It was is so worth it. I love my sleeve so much. :svengo: I had my surgery on 20 May 09. I was 204 lbs on my lst consultation. Lost 10 lbs before surgery and have lost 20 more lbs. I still get hungry but not as much as I did with the lap band. I still have to be careful and not eat so much, cause I have puked up a few times cause I ate with my eyes, not with my tiny little stomach.....have to learn

Yes eating with the sleeve is definitely a learning experience. I am getting better at it finally.

It is definitely a learning experience. I quit before I actually feel full. I quit eating when I am no longer hungry and that usually works well for me. Unless, I am eating the dreaded Pasta, because it never fails to swell up in my tummy and make me miserable.

I have learned pretty much to look at the portion and even though I don't feel full, I know it's time to stop.

Then sure enough, 15 min later, I am full. It's strange. If I ate until I was full at the table, I am sure 15 min. later I would explode!

Thanks for clearing that up:001_unsure: ... I am a sleever only.. this is it for me. I sometimes can eat more at certain meals. like when I eat salad , I can have a cup and a half (maybe) then most of the time I can only have 3-4 oz.. My surgeon said I have a 2 oz sleeve , now go figure??:001_huh: It is strange but I guess with trail and error . I will win. I love it and i am losing weight and I feel great.:thumbup1:

I was sleeved on April 14th 2010 in ft lauderdale fla,, @ FMC, Dr Barron.. I lost 40 lbs so far.:thumbup: