Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all just wanted to introduce myself to this online support site... I've been reading lots of your stories, advice and success ... I'm 5 days post op and finding it so so.., it's Saturday night carpet picnic night in our house and I'm having oxtail Soup whoop whoop! Oh it's hard but I'm focused... Good luck to anyone going for op tomorrow or soon ... You will be fine x I was nervous as hell ... Any soup or ideas because I'm bored of soup and yoghurt ??? Thanks all ...

Congrats razzle! When I was at your point I had started with cottage cheese and soft scrambled eggs and slowly worked up to omelets. Baby steps. Think soft and mushy and filled with Protein. The shakes help a lot. Good luck and welcome!

Congrats razzle! When I was at your point I had started with cottage cheese and soft scrambled eggs and slowly worked up to omelets. Baby steps. Think soft and mushy and filled with Protein. The shakes help a lot. Good luck and welcome!

Thank you ... How long ago

Did you have yours? How much weight have you lost? Share your journey ... I'd love to hear it.. After 5 days scrambled egg and cottage cheese? Wow I'm so excited I could scream lol. I thought I had another week of Soup? Is porridge out of the question until week 3?

Thank you ... How long ago Did you have yours? How much weight have you lost? Share your journey ... I'd love to hear it.. After 5 days scrambled egg and cottage cheese? Wow I'm so excited I could scream lol. I thought I had another week of Soup? Is porridge out of the question until week 3?
Hi. First - don't get me wrong. You should check with your doctor. And I sampled it with trying a little at a time. I didn't go all gong ho either. Your body is healing. It takes a couple of weeks too. I was banded Nov 2012, and I've lost over 50 lbs. it hasn't been easy, it's all about making better and healthier choices and turning nearly everything we hold wonderful when it comes to food down. But it's made me stronger and healthier because of it. Currently, I am only taking Vitamins now. Before my surgery I was taking 5 different medications, plus another 2-3 when needed. I feel 100 % better than ever. I'm active and recent jogged for the first time in over 16 years. I will be honest, I haven't been the poster child of a lap band patient, but I continue to strive and motivate myself to change old bad habits. During the time I fall, I try to pick myself back up right away before I get back into that dark vortex which could ruin me. Any clothes which have become oversized, I either give to goodwill or Am Vets or Purple Hearts. I don't want them in my home as a temptation to get big again. Everyone here has there struggles or issues. And what is great about here is that you can come or go when you need it the most. Someone will be here just for you Be careful, and try to be strong. Good luck to you and your new life!!

Many thanks and great to hear your journey .... It's all about healthier choices, less food and more activity and sounds great you're doing all that...... So more info and support out there it's another world !

Hi Razzle, congratulations! So happy for you -- and carpet picnic, what a fun idea. Sounds like you have an excellent support system in place; glad you are doing so well -- I am pre-band and love to hear these reports from the other side. Exciting times ahead!

Hi Razzle, congratulations! So happy for you -- and carpet picnic, what a fun idea. Sounds like you have an excellent support system in place; glad you are doing so well -- I am pre-band and love to hear these reports from the other side. Exciting times ahead!

Thanks Bandista ... I share my experience no

Probs .... When's yours date? Yeah Saturday's are carpet picnic days infact my whole life revolved around food ... But times are changing and my kids will be healthier too ....

Thanks Bandista ... I share my experience no

Probs .... When's yours date? Yeah Saturday's are carpet picnic days infact my whole life revolved around food ... But times are changing and my kids will be healthier too ....