Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien Shakes

Well, I am a self-proclaimed Protein "snob"

Many of the brands and flavors suggested by others often did not work for me.

I have decided it is a personal preference.

The ONLY one I can tolerate is UNflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I add it to the Dole Shakers and Yogurt each day. One scoop is about 21 grams of Protein. My lap band doctor carries this brand in his office; so, I don't have to pay for shipping.

Good luck on your journey.

I just buy the cheapest at Walmart, which is EAS, chocolate. They are all about the same. Though, the more expensive it is, it does tend to taste better. But, it's been an acquired taste and the chocolate flavored one taste the best. Also I carry mine in a reuse able Starbucks container, and everyone usually thinks I always have a fancy drink, which I don't. But they don't end to know that. Just make sure the Protein content is high and the sugar content is low. Like Slim Fast is horrible that way. Hope this helps

I also bought the eas soy Protein at Walmart for 10 bucks, and it tastes pretty good. Everybody has said the sugar content is high but it has 17 grams per scoop. I am on the two weeks of Protein Shakes & liquid... How much weigh could I possibly lose in this phase if I exercise? It won't make me gain weight will it?

I buy chocolate Body Fortress. At Walmart it is under $17. I have a Hamilton Beach small blender under $20. at Walmart or Target. The blender is also your drinking cup.

Arlene's recipe: 8 oz milk. 1 scoop Body Fortress, a small amount Decaf instant coffee, a small amount peppermint extract and tons of ice. After I out everything in the blender, then I fill it to the top with ice. I have mini ice cube trays and the blender holds one tray.

I hate Breakfast foods and have been drinking this shake for 1 1/2 years and have had the band 14 months. Yesterday's shake was so thick I had to use a spoon.

Good luck. Adding the coffee and peppermint kills the powder's taste.

Oops mine is Body Fortress. :P

i drink shakeology chocolate. It is expensive but its the only thing i can tolerate. I blend it in a magic bullet with PB2, almond milk and a banana. Its delish. about 21 grams of Protein.< /p>

i go to Amazon.com and purchase nectar products i also love, love chike coffee energy+protein. yum also click espresso . i don't like Unjury because it does creepy things if you want a hot drink. if you think 180 cal. is okay and when on a liquid diet it maybe i suggest Betty Lou's. also a fabulous flavor.

I am pre-band but have started on shakes -- I'm using Thorne Mediclear SGS, which is rice and pea-protein based rather than dairy or soy. It's got a lot of added nutrients and is designed for liver support and detoxification. 145 calories, 23 grams Protein. I have the chocolate flavor but am about to order a plain version as well. I mix it with Water and have been putting in frozen berries from our garden along with some ice cubes -- yummy.

I use Isagenix. Has so much more than just Protein. Each shake has 24 grams of protein and I add one more scoop of just their straight protein for another 18 gram boost. Sometimes I mix mine with almond milk, sometimes I add a little honey, used to add Peanut Butter, sometimes I add Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. Flavor just depends on how I'm feeling.

Since this was a Protein Shake thread, I wanted to share this recipe for pumpkin Protein Shakes. It's my fav now. Perfect for fall, and it's convenient if you make the shake starters. http://bariatricfood...e-starters.html

For me Atkins shakes. High in Protein and low in carbs and sugar. Good luck!