Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As many of you know, I am getting ready for a bi-lateral hip replacement. With surgery less that a week away, I am off the NSAIDS and between that and an RA like flare, I have been on mandatory bed rest for more than a week. A good friend heard that I went out to get some fruit and had lots of pain afterwards so sure enough, she sent me a beautiful fruit basket and told me not to go out again..lol. Well, there were lots of other goodies in that basket besides the fruit. Cookies, crackers, chocolate, jam, cheese, nuts, etc.

I took out all that stuff and put it aside. My sister came by yesterday to keep me company and do some errands and I packed all those items up before she came by so that she could take it all with her. It wasn't because I was tempted, I just knew if it stayed in my house, it would just go to waste. I don't keep anything like ice cream or cookies, or candy around. This way, no temptation and no waste of money either.

I'm just amazed at how easy it was to make that choice to get those items out of the house. No going back and forth..should I, shouldn't I...it was easy peasy.

Boy do I hope this is a reflection of what is to come. If yes, well then that's my success story and not the weight loss. Have a happy one everybody!

thats AWESOME! congratulations! i hope to achieve this level of self control one day!!! you should be so proud of yourself :) good luck on surgery!

Well done Go. I would have wanted to keep the cheese and nuts, but glad you were smart and got the high calorie food out of your home.

Great choice!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and easy rehab for ur upcoming surgery

Amazingly it does get easier. And good for you!! I have been noticing how much people eat crap. For nearly any occasion people stuff themselves with carb filled evil goodies. No wonder it was so easy for all of us slide on that slope. Thank goodness for the band to aid in making the right Nd healthier decisions. Good luck to you on your surgery. I hope all goes well.

thanks for your good wishes on the surgery. I've said it before and I'll say it again...lots of really good people on this forum and I am so appreciative of the info I've gotten on this site.

As many of you know, I am getting ready for a bi-lateral hip replacement. With surgery less that a week away, I am off the NSAIDS and between that and an RA like flare, I have been on mandatory bed rest for more than a week. A good friend heard that I went out to get some fruit and had lots of pain afterwards so sure enough, she sent me a beautiful fruit basket and told me not to go out again..lol. Well, there were lots of other goodies in that basket besides the fruit. Cookies, crackers, chocolate, jam, cheese, nuts, etc.

I took out all that stuff and put it aside. My sister came by yesterday to keep me company and do some errands and I packed all those items up before she came by so that she could take it all with her. It wasn't because I was tempted, I just knew if it stayed in my house, it would just go to waste. I don't keep anything like ice cream or Cookies, or candy around. This way, no temptation and no waste of money either.

I'm just amazed at how easy it was to make that choice to get those items out of the house. No going back and forth..should I, shouldn't I...it was easy peasy.

Boy do I hope this is a reflection of what is to come. If yes, well then that's my success story and not the weight loss. Have a happy one everybody!

what a great post/thread go.......i loved that you narrowed it down w/o the bs

choices..you either make them or you dont......proud of YOU

flower_151.gif

I took out all that stuff and put it aside. My sister came by yesterday to keep me company and do some errands and I packed all those items up before she came by so that she could take it all with her. It wasn't because I was tempted, I just knew if it stayed in my house, it would just go to waste. I don't keep anything like ice cream or Cookies, or candy around. This way, no temptation and no waste of money either.

what a great post/thread go.......i loved that you narrowed it down w/o the bs

choices..you either make them or you dont......proud of YOU

flower_151.gif