Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability and encouragement

Got my walk in today and I was clipping right along. Walked about 2 3/4 miles and then went to costco and Walmart so stick a fork in me, I'm Done! Need to ride my bike today because it helps work the range of motion of my knee but not sure that will happen. I am ready for some cooler weather. It was 70 this morning when I walked but no breeze and 91% humidity.

I just started exercising again and today I did a 1 hour Zumba class for the first time! I must say it was an amazing workout and so fun! I was covered in sweat! It didn't seem like an hour! I am going to start going to Zumba every Thursday & walking & doing the 30 day shred. Exercise is also important for my weight loss as well! Without it I don't see as much results. Good luck to you =)

Stacy, that is great! Everyone I know who has done the Zumba class says it is great. Sweat is a good thing :) There is a church nearby that offers the class. Maybe I should check it out. I have heard of the 30 day shred but can't recall exactly what it involves. Seems like it was pretty hard core from what little I remember about it. Thanks for the encouragement. Keep us up to date with your efforts. Good luck.

Right now its still hot in Jacksonville. I was using my pool but the rain every day made it too cold. Next year we are redoing it plus putting in a heater. With my fibromyalgia and torn rotator cuff there is not much else I can do except walk and its too hot right now for that.

I live near tampa I was banded 8-23. My problem arises from the fact that my knees give out and on the ground I go. I've had many times where "I've fallen and can't get up"....truly. once went to emergecy because fell on my face and got 12 stitches in my forehead. Unless I walk really slow which I've done many times it's when I try to go faster and put pressure on my knees they get so wobbly and give out same with squats, treadmill and even statioary bike. I thought about rowing in a gym but I did have both shoulders operated on. I need suggestions. I haven't really exercised sice banding. I'm in a quandry. I want to try the rowing because of apple shape.

Any other suggestions??????? Thx

Did my first swim, bike, run combo today. The swim wasn't pretty, I'm sure. Working towards a sprint level triathalon.....must practice swiming! Congrats on everybodys workouts! :)

Did my first swim, bike, run combo today. The swim wasn't pretty, I'm sure. Working towards a sprint level triathalon.....must practice swiming! Congrats on everybodys workouts! :)

Wow! Go, Catfish -- you Tri-Athlete! Do you have to carry the bike? This is the real deal. So happy for you!

Donna450, what has your orthopedic doc said about use of your shoulders? If you have been cleared to do so, what about swimming or Water aerobics class? If you fall in the water, no big deal. If I read it right you would consider a gym. If your knees give out on a stationary bicycle what happens since you are seated? Do you know why your knees give out? I went through something similar and had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to get some loose junk cleaned out. Good luck. Maybe you could consult a personal trainer if you are cleared by your doctor to exercise.

Wow! Go, Catfish -- you Tri-Athlete! Do you have to carry the bike? This is the real deal. So happy for you!

No. .. today was all inside at the gym. It's my goal to do a sprint tri this year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Donna450' date=' what has your orthopedic doc said about use of your shoulders? If you have been cleared to do so, what about swimming or Water aerobics class? If you fall in the Water, no big deal. If I read it right you would consider a gym. If your knees give out on a stationary bicycle what happens since you are seated? Do you know why your knees give out? I went through something similar and had to have arthroscopic knee surgery to get some loose junk cleaned out. Good luck. Maybe you could consult a personal trainer if you are cleared by your doctor to exercise.[/quote']

Thx for responding. I haven't talked to orto dr. It's been years since operation I am just concerned not exaserbate the problem. I cant lie down with my arms above me. They kind of get stuck in that position hard to move back to my sides.

The bike is if I go too fast or too long my knees are so wobbly it takes awhile before the weakness goes away. I really a physical and mental mess. But I keep my hopes up. But I've been through pysical therapy for my knees and they scratched their heads. But I will check in with a knee surgeon are they ortho dr also? My reg ortho dr was just dropped from insurance. But I even walk with a walker seated kind if I go out walking and have to sit down several times depending on how far I go. But you can't go fast with a walker. Swimming sounds like something I could do but with winter coming up?????

So thx for your help. I will follow up with the things I can do.

I'm still here and still working on my exercise. Walked Sunday and yesterday was my birthday. Hubby and I went to a state park and hiked 2.05 miles around a lake. It was a beautiful day. I need to stay coming here for accountability and encouragement. Hope to hear what other's are doing.

That's awesome!!! I'm going to go walk around the fitness center here when I get off work and enjoy the weather before it gets too cold. After that my friend is meeting me there when she gets off and we are going to Zumba class. :) I am looking forward to it

Great workouts everyone!

I managed to get in a little bit of swimming this morning after work, and a run after getting up. ( yes, nightshift this week for me :) )

Prior to surgery, I couldn't have walked a 10km. It's one step, one day, one mile at a time... http://connect.garmin.com/activity/387734238

i walk and i do low impact step aerobics...

when i finish, i am like yeah ole gal

here is for all of us working out/exercising daily

dick_figures__red_and_blue_high_five__animation__by_ariannejae-d5g6ze6.gif

I'm still here and still working on my exercise. Walked Sunday and yesterday was my birthday. Hubby and I went to a state park and hiked 2.05 miles around a lake. It was a beautiful day. I need to stay coming here for accountability and encouragement. Hope to hear what other's are doing.

Happy belated birthday! And here's to choosing a beautiful walk as a gift on your special day. I am doing well with majorly stepped-up routine but I am sore. That's good, though, because then I have to exercise to work off those muscles. 20 minutes recumbant bike, 40 mins treadmill (two 20 minute segments), 20 minutes BowFlex -- and the swimming in bed exercise with two pound weights. Up to three reps on that one; great core work and my neck is different, correcting (I am a turtler...). Here's to tomorrow and great days for all. Work it, baby!

Thanks for the belated happy birthday wish! Hope everyone has got in some kind of workout today, even it was parking your car farther away from the office or taking the stairs. Anything to push what we normally do is a step in the right direction. The weather is finally gorgeous here in north GA. I got in a 2.63 mile walk with one big ol' hill. I'm weird but I love walking hills. Due to the Federal Parks being closed I cannot walk where I like on the trails and hills at the Chickamauga Battlefield. It is just plain creepy seeing everything barricaded off and the trails blocked with police tape. Looking forward to reading what others post later. And by the way, love the screen name Catfish! (I assume it's a screen name lol). Oh, and then this afternoon my husband and I cut tree limbs and trimmed bushes so got in some extra calorie burn dragging, lifting and dumping.