Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating question, PLEASE HELP.

Hey bandsters, I had a question about eating? I am 18 days post op and I am now eating "normally". As normal as it gets. I am eating softer normal foods but I feel that I am eating a lot... by a lot, I mean like...2, maybe 3 cups of food. I have not been filled, I will have my 1st fill on the 18 of next month. First question, do you think my band has slipped. I have had no problems what so ever with any of the foods going down, and I have not felt sick after eating anything. 2nd question, do you think that I am eating too much? Should I try to eat less since I will have to adjust to eating less after my fill?

that is a lot of food .. you should only be eating a cup of food each meal.. You should be careful not to stretch your pouch... at 1 cup you should feel satisfied.. not necessarily full as you know it.. I still have a satisfied feeling not actually full.. but with the band you don't want to feel full...if that makes sense...

agree with my poker friend sharp.....alot of food (so early after post op) my dr advised 1 cup of food (sometimes its 1 1/2)....just because we can eat more than we are suppose to, doesnt mean we should...and i do not have any fills and i know for a fact i would do some major damage on food but i choose not to....and the dr is the only one who could tell you if you have a slip..eat to lose weight, not eat to live.....congrats on your surgery...you can do this..its a journey, no time limit to get to the destination

The above ladies are so right from my experience. I was hungry post op before my fill. I made a huge effort to only eat the suggested amounts. I haven't felt full as I knew it once since surgery.. I am satisfied physically at least. I have green restriction now and my portions are small.. Its a bit of a shock. Its best to build up to it slowly. Its tough. (I still fill my side plate) don't eat a third of it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

i ate alot less then what i did before my surgery but i still ate quite a bit of food, more then the cup. i actually went on vacation the third week after my surgery and ate till i was full.

it is a huge adjustment that you need to learn slowly. my first fill was a month after surgery and i was like BAM!!!!, down to eating nothing like i was. it just takes time, it did for me.

That is why I was glad that I dieted before my surgery! I started eating off a salad size plate and never tried to overeat! I agree, you were able to eat earlier than most. But YOU need to control your intake! best wishes.

Agree with the advice above - try and bring down the quantity. It's tough. I'm now 3 fills in, but not yet feeling the dreamy Green Zone... so this is still the White Knuckle phase for me. i'd say my largest meals are about 1.5 cups - sometimes i'm hungry again in 2-3 hours, but i do stop myself from eating more in that sitting. it takes some time to hit that GZ - but i'm sure i'm gonna get there, and i'm sure you will too!