Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self pay, how much?

I paid $10k, plus airfare...

Wow! I have noticed that the prices are coming down. When I was researching this in 2002 and 2003, many US doctors were $20-$30k ....

I paid $8995.It included the hospital,procedure,all meds before and after,fills for life,transportation to and from the hospital from the border,hotel stay with transportation to the hotel for your choice of 1 or 2 days for you or even for your guest that rather stay in the hotel then in your room on that side bed.Follow up care.Dr Kuri and staff prefer to do all fills with flouro ,each flouro is $70. So I consider every fill costing me $70.

I paid about $23,000, which includes:

-Surgeon's fee

-OR costs

-anesthesia

-recovery stay in hospital (i was out 7 hours after surgery...hmmm, wonder if i can recoup some of that!)

-12 months of aftercare visits (for fills, nutritionist, etc)

-90 day "warrenty" should something go wrong...if i had slipped of some other complication, i wouldn't be charged for endoscopy, surgeon's time, x-rays, etc.)

-free support group

It was a lot to pay, but I wanted this done by the best LAP Band surgeon out there, and I did! I don't regret paying more than a lot of other people did at all.

i paid 3.500 euro but my insurance paid another 3.500 euro.

included: surgeon/anesthesia/half-day at hospital/exams/and free fills for life.

3.500 euro is about 3.500 dollars

My SIL and I had ours done at the same time, and they made us a special deal since we were coming together. We each paid $7,900.00 and they paid half our airfare...they even paid half of my DH's plane ticket. That included:

2 1/2 days in the hospital

everything involved in the surgery...anesthesia, Inamed band, etc.

1 night motel stay

pre op blood work up, Xrays, and EKG (psych. exam and gastro study were done here prior to going, and he accepted them)

transportation to and from the San Diego Airport to the hospital to start our testing, and then they drove us to the motel, and picked us up the next morning to go back to the hospital for surgery that day

fills for 1 year...no Dr. charge, but $75.00 fluoro charge. They will pick us up at the border and arrange our transportation. HOWEVER before he would do our bands, we had to have a Dr. closer to us in the US willing to speak with him and agree to do our aftercare if needed. And of course the US Dr. will be at full charge to us.

We would also have access to a free nutritionist if we were close enough to take advantage of this.

I hear from the patient facilitator every 10 days still. I was/am very happy with my surgery. I KNOW it was the best thing I have ever done just for ME!! Worth every last penny!

Kat

Mine cost 8700$ at wish center. This covered dr, hospital, anesthesia. All my preop stuff was covered by insurance...2 sleep studies, ekg, cxray, ultrasound, pulmonary function test, psych eval, nutritionist, exercise physiologist.

Aftercare for fills will be 175$ oop. Support meetings for 1 year were included in price as well

Mine cost 8700$ at wish center.
Can you provide us with some more info on WISH CENTER? Is that American???Thats cheaper than most MX ops

I got the bill from the hospital last week. I only had to pay a co-pay, but I saw that the insurance company had been billed for almost $50,000! Clearly it doesn't cost that much. All of your posts prove that. It makes me a bit sick to contemplate the greed behind that 400% markup! I think it's great that you are able to have the surgery done for so much less.

Mine cost $17,500.

$4000 - surgeon

$13,500 - hospital

This includes one year of full after-care (any and all fills). I thought the hospital was a bit high, then I got the bill. If my insurance had paid for it, the hospital would have been almost $25,000!!!!! What a racket! Luckily for me, since I was a self-pay, I got a special deal. I also have access to a dietician for the first year and my surgeon is on 24 hour call so if I have a problem I talk to her and not an answering service. She also would like me to have checkups for the rest of my life.

I had my surgery done at St. Vincent's in Jacksonville, Fl. The total cost was $16,500.00 for everything, including one year of fills and follow-up.