Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will someone just move in with me!?

Ohh what I would do to have someone move in with me - cook or prepare me healthy band friendly meals - slap the fork out of my hand when it has too big of a bite on it - berate me till I chew my food to death......then I do believe I would be successful!! Otherwise, I really suck at this!!

It's do-able alone! I use toddler spoons and tiny Glad containers. It tricks your mind into thinking you have a full bowl of food and the baby spoon helps you get the perfect bite and nothing more. Try it!

You can do it. I just don't get the whole baby spoons and forks. You do not need to resort to childrens utensils. Just prepare and store your food in smaller containers it does help.

Are there fringe benefits :rolleyes: jk

been 2 weeks since i let you off of your last time out and here you are right back on it...

Are there fringe benefits :rolleyes: jk

Bwahahaha!

I have been searching Amazon for Bento boxes. I have some adorable little ones on my wish list. As soon as I get the final approval from my insurance, I am going to get a couple, some beautiful small dishes and delicate flatware perfect for eating delicate portions. I know that I can't go through my whole life eating off of my own, customized dishes and flatware but I figure that doing so for a while will train my eye and get me in the right habits so that when I am using regular dishes and flatware, I can do so successfully. Plus, I just like the idea of having lovely things that are just for me to enjoy my food from. :D

if you cut your food into small bites...maybe put fork down between bites as well as go slow, you will do fine..for me, i havent used kid utensils as i am an adult and i dont feel that is necessary but that is me..and i am not judging no one....BUT do what works for YOU as it is about you...

its a process.......hang in there because you will get there :)

sounds as if you are doing well......just need some more positive thoughts

LMAO!! I sure asked for those comments!!! Love it!! Gotta keep it fun! I just get to eating and get carried away - I watch my family take big ole bites - I think I'm taking small enough ones - but never fails, I get stuck! Except I gotta say...so far today I have eaten "real" food and I have not gotten stuck once!! I'm super happy - I have been living off of crackers and beer!! Not that that's such a bad thing, cuz it's been pretty fun - but my body is seriously craving GOOD NUTRITION!! Esp. on my long bike rides!! Just gotta keep my head right!! Thanks guys!

Lol I plan to only use the children's utensils until I can train myself for smaller bites! I don't plan to use them forever lmao.

I love using my 2 year olds silverware, he gets mad at me though, which onky makes it doubly fun.

My first time going out to eat after being banded was so awkward. I felt like I should do something between bites. I put my fork down, wrung my hands, and still felt so weird. My co-luncher suggested I walk around the restaurant...smartass.