Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie requirement

I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow for recommendations, but I was just wondering, how many calories you take in per day. I use iphone app "Lose it" and my settings are for 2 lbs a week and it suggests for my current weight 994 calories per day. I also work out but try not to reabsorb those calories. I was just wondering, is this enough calories? Am I over reaching? I started thinking this could account for slow weight loss. What do you guys think?

On the other hand, I am losting 5 to 6 lbs a month,so thats not that bad, and since I'm not in the green zone yet. It is pretty much a constant diet.

I eat 1400- 1500 calories daily. Any less my weight loss stalls. Your metabolism is a factor in calories as well

I think my metabolism has picked up quite a bit since I've been spending so much time at the gym. I'm going to try to increase my calories and hope it doesn't backfire on me.

It sucks that it take so much guess work

I do 1100 calories a day and have lost 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. I walk on the treadmill 3 x week and have started doing some light weights... I could probably get by with less calories or more exercise if I want ot lose faster but I am okay with this for now...

I get about 1200 calories a day. I'm terrible with getting exercise in, but I'm still averaging about a 2 lb loss per week.

I saw my doc today and discussed calories with her. She said no less than 1200 cal a day and work my way up from there. She even broke it down by Proteins carbs and fats. Guess I'll give this a shot. She was very satisfied with my weight-loss so far. I got a 0.5cc fill.