Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Cindy - I'm right with you. Yesterday I ate probably 6 ounces of cheese. I crossed sugar off the list, then chips and I simply don't allow open bags of Cookies or candy in the house or it's gone. Is there no end to how I can eat around this band?

I know I need to plan 3 meals and one snack a day, but I'm weak.

Wonder if I could give up snacking?

All I know is, I was desparate for the band to work and I stuck to the diet rules for a long time. Does anyone know where to get a bottle of determination?

Cindy, Have you tried a high Protein bar (one of those 220 calorie, 20 plus grams of Protein - Southbeach is good). I don't lose if I have them around, but I don't gain either.

Edited by Pinkylee
Addition

"Bottle of determination"?? Let me know if you find it Pinky!! I've been doing alright with the band. I hit another plateau so I decided to take a break from the band which means I have maintained for a couple of weeks. It's been a good break but time to get back on the bandster wagon and hit my goal by Christmas, another 20 to 30 pounds gone.

I hope that everyone has enjoyed the summer. I know for the most part I have but I am ready for some cooler weather.

I hope to hear from some other bandsters soon. I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great weekend!!

Melissa

Just checking in. Srviving the last fill, but it isn't without its challenges. I can eat sometimes, but can't others. Just depends. Not losing, but the gaining I think has stopped. I am getting fluffier above my waist so I've got to do something. Just can't seem to get beyond this point.

Dick and I are staying busy. I've taken up golf and we still travel. I also continue to work so not much time. Hope everyone is doing well.

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what the Dr said about my no pain issue. They did an EGD and found some acid reflux damage.

The theory is that acid would sit up top of my band and make sores/swelling. When I got my last fill the acid stopped pooling up top so I did not hurt so much in the morning and things did not hurt during the day. They also put me on Previcid and that seems to help too.

I can eat anything and everything now with no pain... and have gained weight to prove that. I have found I love salads, mexican food, and pizza way too much... especially after not having them for months and months...

I am going for a fill on Friday and hope that this thing will start working and not cause me more pain. Pray for me...

Thanks for checking in Poodles! I haven't posted because I have nothing to post! I guess that is a good thing....I maintain around 160-165 without much effort. If I tried harder, I could probably stay at 150, but it was nice to say I made my goal, even if I didn't stay there! I am comfortable at 160-165, wearing a 10/12. I wanted to make single digits, but I don't think my height and body type are meant for that. I hope everyone is good.

Well holy heck. What else can go wrong with this thing? I swear I am cursed.

Went to the fill center this morning, and I have NO fill. Totally empty. They put in .5 last time to make it 1.8, now I have none. That is why I don't have any pain. They gave me 1.2 and I felt it tighten up, then later on, can feel it loosening. So...

They think I have a leak. I swear to all that is holy I am going to jump off the next bridge I see... (not really, but I am frustrated).

OH Poodles so sorry. Once of my fills went completely out and they gave me the thicker solution, omnipaque. It seems to work. Every time I go in I have what it is supposed to be, but I'm wide open according to them. I have 2.1 in now and I can't eat. THis has been going on for about a week now. I was doing OK and then wham. I think something gets irritated and sets me off. I'm taking Acifex and today I bought mylanta to drink. I'm going to try and tough it out and see if I can start losing. Just not sure the band is going to give me anymore benefit. I'm still down 50 lbs, but I was down 65.

Poodles try going slow after this and "coat" your esphogus. Try different things. Milk might work or mylanta. See if that doesn't help you get through. You don't want the acid to pool again as that damage cannot heal.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Dick and I have been busy travelling and I've taken up golf. Its fun. I am happy.

Hey guys just thought I would check in....

I am doing the same, my divorce will be final next week. I am still working out but holding steady at 169, but im enjoying the hell out of single life..

Are any of you going to the conference in Dallas in october?

I am thinking I will go to the conference. Trying to convince some others here to join me!!! I would rather go with the "gals" then with DH. Who else?

I really dont care to go to the conference itself LOL... I just would like to go to the saturday night fall fling party. That sounds fun!!!

I'm not sure what is going on with my band. Maybe I'm finally having restriction. I can only eat one or two bites at a time. If I try more I get a hard stop and maybe sliming. I can eat if I eat one or two bites over a period of a hour or so. I measure it out so I don't overeat. I don't think its the band. Its the esphogus and acid. I am taking acifex everyday, but I'm convinced now that acid reflux is the culprit. I've started losing so that's a good thing.

The storm has caused a reschedule of a breast cancer event I attend. Its now scheduled for the Sunday, October 5th when the conference is ending. I may not go to Dallas for it as I can't get back in time for Sunday morning's event. Too bad as I really wanted to attend.

Just checking in...

I walked last Wednesday 5 miles and again on Sunday 5 miles. Today I rode my stationery bike for 30 minutes and did 5 reps of 20 of 5 different arm exercises. I am walking 5 miles again tomorrow. I

I am doing a walk in October to honor my cousin and raise funds and awareness around suicide. Visit my page at:

DonorDrive

I am heading to Minnesota this weekend for my college roomie's wedding. I haven't seen her since 1996! I got a great dress , but I bought a shrug because I still hate my flabby arms! I hope everyone is GREAT!

How was the fling Regina?

I am doing a walking challenge at my job. Our health insurance plan is sponsoring it. I am in the "moderately active" group, so I am supposed to do 10,000 steps per day. I did 16, 101 so far today! yay! There are different prizes for reaching your goals like a Water bottle, mini sunscreen, etc. They also sent me a pedometer(I already have like 3!ha!) I was hoping it would keep me motivated.

I had fun at the wedding, but of course, the time went by too fast.

I hope all the June Crew are hanging in there!