Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Yesterday is the second bandaversary for me--june 13,2006....I amm baout 30 pounds from goal but lost my band on Nov 27th of 2007..converted to gastric by-pass at the same time--have not lost much since but my total is 149#...I have had other problems but I assume that if i had still had the weight--I would be DEAD!! Had a hard winter..heart stent March 17th, then another angiogram 2 weeks later, then an obstruction..and finially a bloody nose from hell. I told the doctor that while I was waiting for the other shoe to drop, I did not expect a van from DSW with such a big load.....lol!! All in all, I am a happy camper--I am NO LONGER DIABETIC...and that is by far the best!! Luck to all of you!!

Congrats to everyone that has had their band anniversaries. I can't wait to hear from those whose anniversary dates are coming near. It is an exciting month for us all.

I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. I have been packing and packing and packing as my move date into the new house in this coming Saturday. I never seem to have enough time in the day. I will be glad to get settled into the new place. I am sure that will take me a couple of months.

Have a great rest of the weekend and enjoy Father's Day.

Melissa Lea

Hi guys sorry I haven't checked in for a while. life has been very hectic.

First of all happy bandaversary to everyone. I am at 170 still and haven't reached goal. However I have been working with a personal trainer and I am losing body fat.

My soon to be EX hubby is still in a rehab center. he has lost all memories of me and his kid. And since we had many problems before the accident has chosen to just move on. Don't feel sorry for me please, it is for the best i believe. So I am starting my new life as a single parent with a new body and new outlook on life. I am actually enjoying it.

I'll try to do better about keeping in touch!!!

Reginia good to hear from you. I was missing you. Glad to hear that you are taking care of you. Toning up is good and glad you are doing that. Sometimes our lives just change and we make the adjustments and move on. Good luck to you and let us here from you more often.

Happy Birthday to ME! Last year I was celebrating with a margarita in Vegas with some fabulous Junbies!

Regina-I won't feel bad for you because you don't want me to, but I will wish you all the strength and grace it takes to get through this transition in your life. You are a wonderful person and deserve the best.

Congrats again on the house Melissa.

Where's Pinky??

I hope Barb, Barb, Cathy, Aimee and everyone else is doing well!

Happy birthday Mary. Dick and I just got back from Las Vegas. It wasn't the same. :redface:

Played golf wih Pinky and her DH today and then lunch. I sure do like that they live in the neighborhood now. Its very warm outside today.

Hello all! My two year anniversary was on 6/5. I am still trying to work with my band, but have only lost 15 lbs. I had a complete unfill a few months back, and found that I don't like being unfilled. I am used to the pain now. I am going in for a fill on Wednesday. They are filling me up .2cc's at a time to see if I can make it to the sweet spot. I can't eat anything until late afternoon and then at night it seems I can eat everything. Bread/Pasta/Rice/Meat you name it. This thing is so weird. I refuse to have the bypass, so either this thing is going to work, or my butt is going to be wide forever. I would just get it unfilled and forget it, but it is a part of my life now. I have accepted it and with the help of Zoloft I am not depressed about it. :thumbup:

I am happy to see that everyone is doing well with their bands.

And Ms. Regina I wish you the best in your new life. It is a sad thought that someone you loved could forget you, but new adventures are out there for you both.

Keep up the good work girls!!

Hi! It's good to read your posts. I've taken a break from the band. Tried a fill a few months back and had to get an unfill. Another few pounds up. grrr. I'm exercising and busy with family.

I plan on getting back at it in the fall - this time a gradual fill process and go for goal.

Happy bandiversary to all Junebies.

Today is my 2 year bandiversary! I am not 150 like I had hoped, but I am still down 80 pounds from 2 years ago, so I can't complain. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

So tell me girls... I am having a different feeling since my last fill. It does not hurt to eat any time of day. I had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for Breakfast, 2 boiled chicken tenders for lunch, 5 oz meat loaf and one large strawberry for dinner, and all went down with no pain. I just got the hiccup when I was full. After two years of feeling nothing but pain, this is abnormal for me.

Does it hurt any time of day for you??

Hey Everyone!

I got moved into the house and finally got internet service at home. Thought I'd drop by and say a quick hello before I head out of town, "again!!". I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July Holiday weekend!

Melissa

Congrats on the move Melissa. Now to unpack all those boxes!

I've decided to go back and try a small fill. I don't really want to do it, but I've gained 15 lbs. Its either get a fill or a new wardrobe. I've come to far to let this get more out of hand.

I've taken up golf with DH. I've been out about 4 times now. We have a family friendly 9 holes where the tees are closer to the green. I like it better. Mainly because there are just a few golfers that play those 9 so I don't feel so intimated. I'll take some lessons when I feel a little more comfortable.

Happy 4th everyone. My doggie will be in my lap soon once the fireworks start. He gets so scared. We had some thunderboomers today and he hid under the bed.

Hi Everyone!!

July has been a quite month on the board. I am just as guilty as everyone else! I've been traveling for vacation and enjoying this summer time. As usual in my life, things are crazy, busy. Still trying to unpack since I moved into the new house. It would be nice if I have actually been home on a weekend since moving in. I will be this weekend, but I have compnay coming.

I hope everyone is doing well. Drop in and say hello when you get the chance.

PS. I am at an all new time low in my weight 181.5 pounds this morning. I am a slow looser and that is fine by me.

Melissa Lea

NSV - I've had 3 sugar-free days in a row. My diabetic, pregnant neice has been in the emergency room 3 times in the last 4 months. I wanted to remember to pray for her. A thought came to my mind - give up sugar and pray for Alissa today. I did - no withdrawals - not even tempted.

NSV #2 - I've added jog/walking at our track at the gym. My mood is much better.

NSV #3 - I'm not jumping on the scale every morning and my day is no longer dictated by the number on the scale.< /p>

Getting back to my old band habits (good ones) isn't easy. I do feel some hope in the sugar-free days. My next NSV is to put on my 16's and find that the 14's I put aside would fit better.

All the best to the Junebies and learning how to continue to use this little tool for the long haul.

Hello Everyone, it has been forever since I have been on here and that is not a good thing. I have put 20 lbs back on. I am a junk food junkie! My life consist of chips and chocolate because it goes down without any pain or puking. I have not exercised in months. I am in a serious funk. I just recently got a fill so that eliminates some of the junk food but not all of it. I constantly crave chocolate and feel like i need it. I don't know how to get passed it. I mean i do but how do i make myself do it. I am soooo frustrated. I am glad to see that everyone is still around!