Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

OK here is the latest from me. I have been suffering since I got home from my travels. First with some type of chest congestion, then not being able to eat. I was in constant heartburn, taking prescription antiacids and more than one a day. About every 2 to 3 days I could get something soft to stay in. It was getting so bad that over the weekend I couldn't even keep a tablespoon of ice cream down. Just taking sips of Water hurt. I was sliming big time and really throwing up. I went to surgicenter on Wednesday. They did the barium swallow and said I was wide open - thought I was there for a fill. I've heard that before so it didn't surprise me. I was just glad that the band was where it was supposed to be and had not slipped.

After discussion I had them take out .3. I'm now at 1.7cc. That seems to work the best for me. I have been at 2.0 since Dec 31st so I lasted longer than ever. Of course if I really wanted to eat I had to have some alcoholic drinks. That's how I got through our river cruise and my work assignment in Amsterdam. Then that stopped working. :lol:

So I'm going to go this awhile and see what happens. I only lost 4 lbs through all of that, and that was the last 4 days. I am able to eat now and will have to exercise lots of self control so that I don't gain.

THat's my update for now. Only a few more days and it will be 2 years. Still glad I did it. Just wish I could lose 50 more pounds. Oh well I'm thankful for what I have lost. I just can't live my life through the inside of a paper cup!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in 2 see how everyone was doing....2 yrs later. Wow! I see most of you doing quite well. Unfortunately, I'm not where I thought I would be, although doc says 'not bad'.

I'd like to change my ticker, but forgot how....can anyone help me out here?

Started at 325, now 215. Was only 3 lbs from onederland, but botched that up. I've discovered HOW to eat pretty much whatever I want. Breads, cakes, Cookies, oriental food, fast food and anything else. It's not just how you eat, but what you eat with it, and the method. Wish I hadn't found out, but I did. Now I have to STOP IT! Got another 1/4cc in again. Doc won't put anymore in than this. Last time I was this tight, I had trouble with reflux almost always, but lost weight. This time, I'm eating less, but the same stuff.

Wish I could excercise. I'm going in next week for right knee implant. Already did the left knee twice. (I'm hard on knees) I also have RA and need infusions just to stay mobile. Above ground pool was crushed by trees this last winter, and will need professional to just move the trees. It's all I can barely do just to walk a short distance.

Have an idea I'd like to run by you'all. What do you think? I've been toying with the idea of writing a lapband book with recipes, ideas, comments, kinda telling the story of what it's like to be banded using personal experiences. Think anyone would buy it? let alone read it? I haven't seen any lapband books like that out there, have any of you?

Keep up the good work on your goals!

Later,

Barb

Welcome back ofps! Congrats on losing 110 pounds! I am sorry you aren't able to exercise much. To update your ticker, you need to go to Ticker Factory.com and make a new one then upload it here using the upload image link. There are directions in the FAQ section of LBT. I'm sure newbies would be excited to buy a book on lap banding. I know there is a book by Dr. Ortiz, but his does not have recipes. There is also one by Mohammed Ali's daughter, but I have not read it. I am going walking tonight with a friend around a local lake. This one is 5 miles around I think. As everyone hits their 2 year bandiversary, I hope you will post a check-in and update! I am determined to be 150 or less by my bandiversary on June 29. I was over 160 this morning, but it is "that time of the month". I am off work for the summer next week, then I will be stress-free(well not completely!) and have more time to exercise, plan healthy meals, etc.

Hey Everyone!

Just dropping by to quickly say hello. I have not fogotten my bandster family. I have been crazy, busy with work and now a move to the new house on top of it. June is gonna suck!! Will try to pop in when I can keep my head above Water.< /span>

I hope everyone is having a great summer thus far!!

Melissa

If nothing changes I will be getting my surgery June 13th. DH and I are going on a cruise and coming back June 3rd. Although my doctor doesn't require it, I am going on a Protein liquid diet to get ready. I want to jump start the process, and after all the food on the cruise, I will need it.

Hey Barbara465, I to thought I was having my surg in June

Dr Forman office call it is july 1. He is in Huntsville Al. Just a week later.I just got back from a cruise to Mexico had a ball and eat all that good food. good luck with your surg.I'm to go to the Dr a week before

surg, will he put me on a liquid diet? I'm soglad I have found youall, yes I would like to do the email list.

Best Wishes to All

Mackie

Good luck Mackie. My surgery was 2 years ago in 2006. This group are all Junebies from 2006.

Congrats to those at goal, near goal, or most of goal. It's a great accomplishment and you should be proud.

I'm still a good 50 lbs from goal, but that's OK. I feel better, look better, and am generaly happy with my results. I might not be able to lose anymore. I'm OK with that as long as I don't gain. I'm going to Vegas in a week then going to concentrate on losing 20 lbs. We don't have anymore trips planned for a while.

On your band anniversary let's hear from each and everyone of you. Looking forward to reading your stories.

Two years today. So much has changed in those two years.

I have no regrets! It hasn't been as easy as I imagined it would be and right now I am in a bad place with my band, but it is a tool that is there and I am so thankful that I have it.

I am on a gaining kick right now. I am visiting my daughter in Atlanta right now and as soon as I get home I will be having a fill. I have proven to myself that I have no willpower (why am I surprised?). I had an unfill so I could eat more healthy foods and instead I am just eating all the stuff that I haven't been able to eat in two years and lots of it. BUT, I have this tool and I can stop this behavior.

Congratulations to all celebrating this anniversary and a special congrats to those at or near goal.

Hey Everyone!

Today is my 2 year band anniversary. It was 2 years ago that Barb12 and I sat in the waiting room anxiously awaiting our procedure. I am so glad to have had you on this journey with me as well as each and everyone of you. I could not and would not be where I am today without each and everyone of you.

Today my weight on my 2 year anniversary is 185#. Right before Memorial Day weekend I was at 183# but managed to gain 4 pounds over that one weekend. I think every now and then it is alright to endulge. But now I am back on the losing side.

For the NSV I am in a very comfortable size 14 pant and some 12's, tops are 16's but regular sizes. I have actaully been able to go into "normal" sized clothing stores and people wait on me without judgement and are excited to help me. Also, I am trying to exercise more, I have more energy than I had 2 years ago, and most of all, I like the way that I am starting to look and trying very hard to be more comfortable in this body God has given me (and will give me after a nip/tuck in the future).

I hope that everyone is doing well and will check in on their anniversary date. We are still here for each other. And for those of us, like myself, that haven't quite made it to goal ....let year 3 be the one we Celebrate our goal :biggrin:.

Love ya!

Melissa

I hit my 2 year anniversary on 6/7 but was at the beach :P

I'm down 65 lbs, still about 100 lbs from goal. Not from lack of ability of the band, but from lack of focus from me. I still am not disappointed because I feel so much better and know this tool is available too. I am getting back on task as of tomorrow!

Today is my bandiversary also. Congrats to all. I managed to lose 4 pounds during my trial. The jury came back today in my client's favor, so it's a double celebration.

Its so good to hear from everyone. We have made progress in this journey of two years. It doesn't matter whether at goal, near goal, a ways to go. Its the journey and self discovery along the way that makes it interesting.

Friday will be my anniversary. I'm down 60 lbs with 50 more to go. I'm in a good place. A different place then I thought I would be in, but its OK. I'm happy. I need to rededicate myself to this effort, but for now I'm just enjoying life. Dick and I have several trips planned and I'm looking forward to them. One is to Vegas on Sunday. Just a get away for a few days. Wish we were having a reunion, but understand it is difficult to get everyone together. I'll have a Margaritta for the gang at Margaritaville and remember the good times from last year.

Today is my band anniversary and it wanted me to remember it. I just sat down to dinner, turkey burger and Soup. First bite OK, second bite OK, third bite no go. When I least expect it it reminds me of its existence. Still ...... I'm so glad its a part of me. :smile: