Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

hi,

i had lapband in boston on 6/14/2006 and I lost 25 pounds after 60 days..I got 1 fill and that made me crazy...I was moving to another state , having financial issues, marital issues and I have not gone back to the dr. since. I have gained all of the 25 plus the 15 I lost pre-surgery and I am feeling depressed...Please help me.. I am living in the Jackson Tennessee area and trying to find a doctor who i could have my records transferred to so that I may have another fill and begin the process to lose again...

You can try Fill Centers, USA. They don't have a location in TN, but there are some in Georgia, North Carolina and Missouri. What is your insurance(if any)? The best bet is to call them first. Also, go back over why you had the surgery in the first place. Start TODAY-don't procrastinate. Count your calories, measure your food, EXERCISE, take your measurements, start a journal, see a counselor, whatever it takes! We are here if you need support and guidance.

Try contacting some of the doctors in the area that do lapband. they may be willing to help you with your aftercare. just start over and take it one day at a time. Just think of it as a new beginning. THe tool is there if you are ready.

I continue to have problems. I'm going to wait a week to see if the phelgm from this cold is causing the problem. If it continues I'll go in to see if I've slipped. I just shouldn't have constant heartburn and PBing. I've been on Soups and that is working.

Suefwd - forget the past two years and start fresh and clean. Like you just had the band placed...you were driven to make the choice of having the band placed for a reason - what was that reason? Make that your focal point and move forward - don't look back. Everyone gave you a few options for care and for fills - why don't you call today and post how that went for you?

Kathy - I'm sorry - it sounds like you've had your hands full the last few weeks. I have a 6 year old and purposely don't think about what will happen when she's 17 yo or older! I hope things slow down for you and you're able to regain peace of mind.

SOcal - thanks for posting your diet, I did check into a few daily diets - turns out my routine is an issue - I routinely make choices that add more calories that I was counting - so back to basics!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and can enjoy it!

Suefwd - If you have any restriction from your current fill - that's something to Celebrate.< /p>

I agree with Aimee - - START OVER. If you lost 25 pounds before, you can do it again!

My new unfill is lots of (too much) fun!

I've joned a gym and am considering selling a frequent flyer ticket to pay for some personal trainer hours. I love my new energy and I hope to get back to losing soon. I'm in tooterville at 201.5 this a.m. Can't believe I allowed this!!!!!

Socalgal - I was impressed with your new bod - Hope you find a suit that gives you the confidence you deserve.

Cathgr8 - you must be pretty "hot" to hang on to a guy in crisis mode. Kids are like Chinese Water torcher sometimes. You finally get numb!

Hello to all! First, let me say to SoCal Mary: You rock girl! You look great in that swimsuit. You motivated me to see if I can do something to get back ontrack.

I have been overfilled for over a year. I've known it and those around me have known it. I've been living on ice cream and junk food. Today I went to see Dr. Spivak. First time I've laid eyes on him since the morning before my surgery.

He had me drink the white crap while he watched and guess what........he said I was overfilled. Imagine that. He took out a full cc and advised me to be careful as I would definitely be able to eat things I've not been able to eat all year.

I came home and ate some good roasted chicken without event. It was great. Then I had to do a little test and I ate a bagel with cream cheese. It was awesome. First real bread product I have eaten in well over a year.

I promised myself that I would start eating healthy and I hope and pray I have the willpower to do so. I am going out of town for the weekend and I think I will just enjoy myself and start a serious program on Monday.

Pinkylee, let us know how the personal trainer goes. I tried that several months ago and thought I was going to die. She really just didn't understand how out of shape I was and pushed me way beyond where I should have gone...........now I am afraid to try it again. I saw her twice and never went back to the gym. I wish I lived closer to some of you gals so we could work out together.

I can hardly believe we are coming up on our second bandaversary but how great it is that we are all still together encouraging each other and still working toward our goals. Good continued success to all.

Hello Junbies,

It's been a while since I posted and since it's coming up on our 2 yr anniversary I thought I'd ask this question.

How many of the original members have reached our goals?

How many of the original members had problems and had to have the band removed?

I'm having problems and may need to remove mine (nothing wrong with it no slippage etc, body is just rejecting it). Tough decision to make.

Stella good to hear from you. Sorry to see you are having troubles. I'm not sure what I would do, but facing similar situation. My band is giving me trouble as well. I'm filled at 2 right now, but having severe heartburn. food is a hit or miss and if I can eat its easy foods. Not losing weight so I'm getting in more calories than needed. I have come to the conclusion that some of us just can't tolerate the band. Nothing wrong with it, but it just does something to our ability to eat small portions. I've had all the tests and had some polyphs removed from my stomach. They said there are lots more in there, but small. Esphogus looked good. I can eat if I drink first, like wine, cosmopolitan, etc. The more I drink, the more I can eat. I can't do that forever as I would be trading one addiction for another. :leaving:

I also notice stress, flying, etc. have effects on the band. I've heard others have the same problems. I would find this OK if I was losing. Sounds crazy, but I would keep on until the weight was off. That being said, I've kept off 50 of the 65 lbs I lost for almost 2 years. I haven't been able to do that in forever. So I want to keep my band. I might have to go get an a slight unfill to keep the acid reflux under control.

I think you are faced with a big decision. Maybe being unfilled will allow you to return to a somewhat normal eating life, but still keep you in check. If that works for you I would go that route. However, if your body still won't allow the band to coexist then you might have to have it removed. Good luck on your decision.

Stella,

Just wanted to let you know that while I won't make it to goal by my second bandiversary, I am only 11 pounds away. It can be done. I've been noticing since many stressful events converged on me starting a couple of months ago, I have had several PB's, which had never previously happened. Other than that, I have exercised little to not at all, and I thinnk my secret is never being overfilled, so being able to stick to the dietary rules.

Wish me luck gang. I started my first jury trial in many years yesterday. Talk about a stressful event!

Good to hear from you Barb123! I'm glad you had a slight unfill and are dedicated to eating healthier.

Stella- I am sorry for your struggles. I reached my goal in December, but you may know I already had a 2nd operation to repair a slip. I was 159 this morning, which is up from my lowest of 150, but I determined to get it off this summer.

Cathy-congrats on the trial and being 11 pounds to goal!

I was without a computer for over a week and I was having withdrawls. I tried to upload pix of my new bathing suit, but the "upload image" button isn't working for me. I'll keep trying. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! (It's raining in "sunny" San Diego!)

You are beautiful socal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The suit's not bad either. :biggrin: I'm so proud of you and your great sucess.

Socalgal, you look awesome. I would love to give you a big hug! Congratulations!!!!

I am enjoying my unfill. I have been eating things that I haven't been able to eat in amost two years............and no, they aren't all healthy things but I'm allowing myself to enjoy food again. My weight went up a couple pounds but today it is back to where it was when I went to the doctor. I am still six pounds up from my lowest.

Hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend.

Thank you ladies for the compliments! I had a BAD PB today. I was eating Chinese food with family and had a few things on the plate, but I am pretty sure it was some chicken that caused the problems. It went on for like an hour it seemed. I kept getting up from the table to go to the bathroom and was hoping nobody noticed. No one said anything, so that was a relief. I have Protein Drinks in the fridge, so I may stick with those tomorrow. Hang in there all.