Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi Everyone....I got my 64 ounces in yesterday by the hardest...I really had trouble eating a Tomato. I cut it into very small pieces but ended up feeding it to my little girl. After a few small bites i got that stuck feeling. I am scared to eat anything.

Leila--

Your welcome.

Congrats on the H20 challenge! I think you may be our only perfect record so far!

Good luck on the fill!

Barb--

What's so bad about 100 calories of a treat eaten slowly? I'm a sneaky treat eater. (If no one sees me--the calories don't count) Even Spiegel allows a dish of ice cream occasionally. Oreos would be a better choice for me. I can eat a lot more than 100 calories in "melty mushies".

Congrats on the Water challenge

you guys are inspiring me to take a go at it. I am ready for fill number three- the needle part is becoming old hat the freaky thing is the way the port pops out a little when they pull the needle out. Anyone else notice that?

Poodles- I just noticed where your doctors is- I travel to Richardson all the time, so now i feel better knowing there is a band doc there.

Hey guys! I am back. I am in graduate school this summer and I have been buried in papers and exams. I have lost a total of 25lbs. and 10lbs. before banding. It has been 4 weeks and I can eat anything...steak, bread, salad. I am still losing around 2lbs. a week because I am staying at around 1200 calories and I jog 30 m.p.d. and do weights. Anybody out there banded about the same time experiencing the same feelings?

Dr. Rumbaut

June 27, 2006

257/247/232current (need to change my ticker!)

Dancing Queen:

Have you had a fill yet? I sure wouldn't until you quit losing steadily. You have the dream band situation!

Let us know how the second fill goes, I'm trying to decide if I need to schedule one or not... my hunger seems to come and go in waves, sometimes I think I have restriction, other times I don't think I have any!

Well no fill today :confused: My surgeon is going on vacation and decided that he didn't want to do fills right before he left town in case anyone had troubles. Now, I intellectually understand this. Maybe even admire that he doesn't want anyone to run into problems...But damn! I am eating M&M's like there's no tomorrow! (they go down so smooth...). I have miraculously not gained anything else, but I sure haven't lost anything else either. I was really really 'jonesin' for this fill:p

I have to try to do something until next Tuesday the 1st. I think I'm going to try to do the Water thing and to ride my bike. If I can't resist the M&M's, at least I can try to counter the damage! :cry

The fill went well, he put another .5cc's in there, and the Water at the office went down sooooo easy, I asked for a second cup! (might as well get it in when I can!!!) I'll be eating super soft food for dinner tonight to take it easy on the band. My Dr. recommends soft foods rather than liquids for the day of the fill. So it's refried Beans with some salsa and fat free sour cream for me. Hope it goes down okay.

Cindy - sorry to hear you had a hard time with the Tomato, was there a lot of skin? I tried to eat some cherry tomatoes and then decided to spit the skin out because I couldn't chew it enough to break it down well and was worried it might get stuck.

Pinkylee - thank you, the water is easy for me, it's hot and I'm drinking loads. I even take a bottle of water to bed with me and drink in the night!

Dancing queen - I've been in the same boat, have been losing just under 2 lbs a week, I think it's like 1.8 or something, I've been able to eat everything no problem, no restriction. but limit myself to 1200 calories a day, and I swim for half an hour a day. I had a first fill a week ago, and had some restriction for the first two days, then totally unrestricted again, just got my second one today. I'm hoping for restriction. Even though I've been losing weight without it, I want it! I know my willpower can only hold out so long, and I don't want to be dieting. Do you think you're going to go for a fill, or hold out until you stop losing on your own?

PAB - 2 fills now, haven't noticed the port popping out thing at all, but then my port is really deep, the Dr. can't feel where it is with palpitating the area, even after he arches my back with a pillow, when he went in with the needle though he says it's just where it should be directly under a little round scar he has where one of the port stitches gets anchored. I haven't been able to feel it all either.

warmmorningsun - I think it's great that your Dr. wants to wait till he's around in case you need follow up care. Carefull with those M&M's and remember even with restriction, chocolate and ice cream go down! If it melts in your mouth, it's liquid through band, and if you can drink water, you can probably eat chocolate and ice cream. I've just stopped buying it. Hard to do. Moderation is the key, a few won't hurt, problem is I can't do moderation! LOL.

XO

Leila

Got the Water in again today. YEAH!!!! I am beginning to notice that I've got something in my mouth all the time with the boost and activia it takes most of the morning, then water, water, then lunch, then water, water, then dinner, then crystal light. I'm thinking this is not good. :confused:

I called for my fill today. I go on Monday. I chose Monday so there would be weekdays to go it unfilled if I run into problems. Not going through another week like before. Hope this will help. I think I just need a little more to keep me from being so hungry. Fear of food still plays an active role in my life. However, like willpower, I know that won't last long.

We are having a steak tonight. I must say I'm scared, but we'll see. DH cooks them really nice and they are very tender. Just have been so scared to try, but its unfair to him. If I get too scared I'll just stop.

Hang in there everyone. We will get the right fill levels and life will be good. Put down those M&Ms now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Put down those M&Ms now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Oh Barbara, I know! I've really had a time this week. It's the same habit I've always had - mindless eating. I'm starting tomorrow with new resolve to STAY AWAY FROM THE chocolate. I did go for a half hour bike ride tonight and bought some more propel to drink so I start fresh again tomorrow. I love you guys on this thread, I think the Junebies rock more than any other group on this site!

:confused:

The fill went well

Leila, so glad it went well for you. I know you were debating it; let us know how you're feeling over the next few days...

I think it's great that yor Dr. wants to wait till he's around in case you need follow up care. Carefull with those M&M's and remember even with restriction, chocolate and ice cream go down!

I was just disappointed about not being able to get the fill; I'm a *somewhat* logical person and appreciate his concern:) Now, for the fight: I have to get away from the chocolate. Tomorrow is a new day :confused:

Pinkylee,

No I have not had a fill but I made an appt. for a six week check up with an American doc. I guess he will determine whether I get one or not. I made the appt. with the intention of getting a fill but the thought has crossed my mind why get one as long as I can keep losing and still be able to eat things that a fill might take away! Thank you for bringing up that point! I guess we will see what the next two weeks will do?

Aimee:

Try replacing the m&m's with a lo-cal snack--something easy to grab.

Borden lite cheese (2% milkfat) (sandwich slice)--50 calories with a few pickle slices or olives

diet Jello cup with a dab of lite cool whip 10 calories

Slice of lo fat lunch meat with a fruit cup (no sugar added) 75 calories

Thin slices of bananas sprinkled with a hint of raw sugar (tastes like maple)

I broke a chocolate habit I had with lite hot chocolate several years ago. I like swiss miss--it has lots of Calcium in it and 70 calories--no bitter after-taste.

Just think--at some point, we won't need or want to munch (I hope):hungry:

My favorite snack foods lately have been berries.

1 full cup of blueberries - 80 cals.

1 full cup of raspberries - 60 cals!

1 full cup of strawberries - 45 cals!!!

Hell eat all three for 185 cals!

Loads of fibre, and some people argue they are actually 'negative' calorie foods meaning they take more body energy through digestion than the calories they contain!

It's fresh berry season - Indulge!

Aimee:

Try replacing the m&m's with a lo-cal snack--something easy to grab.

Borden lite cheese (2% milkfat) (sandwich slice)--50 calories with a few pickle slices or olives

diet Jello cup with a dab of lite cool whip 10 calories

Slice of lo fat lunch meat with a fruit cup (no sugar added) 75 calories

Thin slices of bananas sprinkled with a hint of raw sugar (tastes like maple)

I broke a chocolate habit I had with lite hot chocolate several years ago. I like swiss miss--it has lots of Calcium in it and 70 calories--no bitter after-taste.

Just think--at some point, we won't need or want to munch (I hope):hungry:

OMG!! :clap2: I weighed this morning and I lost another 3lbs. bringing me down to 229lb. My start weight was 257 so I have lost a total of 28lbs! I know it has to be from the exercise. I had hit a brick wall a few days ago and since I started jogging it has just been falling off. Oh and I am doing great on my Water 100 oz. (5 of the 20oz. Sam's choice bottles per day) Come on Junebies let's commit to exercise and continue to drink our water...there is a tremendous payoff!

Banded June 27, 2006

Dr. Rumbaut

Monterrey, Mexico

257/243/229c/180