Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Ok, my second fill has disappeared. I am all of a sudden hungry all the time again.....this sucks....i love when i have restriction. I have an appt. with doc august 3rd but i dont know if i will be able to hold off that long...may have to go in before that.....restriction has just went away in the last two days. I need to focus because i am doing so good but last night i screwed up and ate some cookies...100 calorie packs.....I ate 3 of them...i wanted to cry after i ate them....but i couldnt help it...i am craving.....It is time for Aunt Menstrual to visit..I hate this. I feel like i have blown it..:phanvan

ENCOURAGEMENT NEEDED!!!

I am ready for the Water challenge!!

Well, I thought my fill was gone until this morning. I sat down and tried 1/2 cup of meat and a little bit of avacado. Was really good and filled me up. Just different each day I guess. And I do think the bottle of Water before I ate helped. For PMS cravings I have been eating Ice Cream (low carb) way too much of it, but it sure is good.

3 bottles down girls... 60 ounces. Now I am off to have some crystal light lemonade.

Have you been having trouble with timings? I know we need to finish drinking 5-10 minutes before we eat, and not drink until 1 hour after we eat. I am having trouble keeping track. I just guestimate for the hour after. Anyone have any tips?

Cindy- In the words of Scarlett: "tomorrow is another day". One day at a time girl. We all just have to kick the carb demon one day at a time.

Water should be going through us and not effect our hunger or ability to eat. Am I wrong? I know you can feel full by drinking water, but I just figured you could eat. I have done really well so far and 2 bottles of water down. I am finding I can drink it more like I used to and not just little sips. I am now working on a Crystal Light.

I can't wait to get back on regular food to see how much, or how little, restriction I have from the unfill. I was in such bad shape from the week of no eating that its hard to tell anymore. I've done real well today with food so the unfill was definitely the right thing to do.

I think this is a day by day situation. It depends on the weather, our moods, our times, etc. what the band is going to do. It is very unpredictable. That makes us far more accountable on the days it will allow us to eat anything.

We can do this.

please add me into the Water challenge! So far the fill is working just right for me, hoping it doesn't get tighter or looser as the week progresses!

I'm glad to say the surgery was a snap, but now my stitches have torn loose around the port and although the doc don't seem worried I am. Has this happened to anyone else? I could actually feel them pop loose, weird!

I have lost around 25 pounds since surgery and I have had one fill which did not do a thing. Can't have another till I heal now which doc says 2 weeks or so. :cry Should I be concerned over the stitches coming loose or what?:phanvan

Carol:

Maybe you should get on the "support" forum and ask Dr C. Isn't he on the support forum? I don't blame you for worrying. Take care.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well on H20. I'm 3/4 the way through the Water. Not too bad, but I'd rather have tea!

I try to remember when I started eating and add l.5 hours to it before drinking. PA said water will wash down the food too quickly through the pouch. The appetite nerves are in the upper part of the stomach--so the longer the food stays in the pouch (upper stomach) --the less hunger you feel.

I try to always drink a glass of water standing up as I'm setting table at home. Sometimes I'm chugging as everyone is being seated. That way it's not so difficult to wait to drink after eating.

Speaking of hunger--don't get down on yourself for a splurge. I used to splurge every day many times a day. I'm better, but have a ways to go.

Hi Carol --

Sorry to hear that your stitches around your port area tore. Did you feel it when it tore?

Am I the only one, but I am so worried about my port flipping. I've have nutured the area where my port is allowing for scar tissue to develop etc. But it seems each day, that area feels a little different :think . Maybe I am just freaking myself out?

Melissa Lea

The good news: I made the Water goal and get a blue smiley for today!

The bad news: the fill that seemed to be perfect restriction and let me feel full but comfortable after a Breakfast of artificial crab and raspberries, a snack of mixed nuts, a lunch of tuna salad and strawberries, for some reason decided to totally reject my lovely soft moist steamed mackerel. I ate some corn first with no problem, about 2 spoonfools, and then wham, after the mackerel, about 2.5 ounces - golfball, then my first PB, then my second PB, then my third PB, then my fourth PB! Only the mackerel, my corn had stayed down, so weird. And why couldn't it have come up all in one PB! grrrr... I didn't feel like I was sliming, but my PB's were about 1/4 mackerel 3/4 slime! Sorry if it's too much information... LOL, I had to share with people who could relate...

Anyways, I'm adding my blue smiley... and well, I'm adding another smiley for my PB virginity lost...

:)

XO

Leila

Ok liquid count for the day:

3.5 bottles of water= 70 ounces

8 ounces Milk

32 ounces Crystal Light Rasberry Lemonade

Can you tell it is hot in Texas???

Felt a little more restriction today, but only in the morning. Tonight I ate a nice size meal, 2 tacos, guacomole, sour cream, ice cream.

Guess liquid does not fill you up... I am sloshing!!!!

I can eat whatever I want, but, if I limit my portion, and wait 30 minutes, then I'm full for 3-4 hours. My problem, is, of course, limiting the portion, and wanting the food... Still obsesing a bit, but figured I'd check in with my fellow Junebugs.

I did it!!! 104 ounces of water! I do feel Water logged, a bit soggy...LOL I find it much easier to drink water when it is so hot out. I am going to keep trying to drink this much every day!

Good luck to the rest of you!

Ok, I am a bit of a late poster! Yesterday I had a total of 51 oz of pure Water and a ton of tea (sugar free). I just keep remembering that the bathroom is my friend!!!! I am definitely water logged! But, I am ok with it.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Back to work I go today!

Well I tried, but didn't do as well as you guys. However, it is better than what I was doing so that's a victory. I drank 30 oz Water and 8 oz of crystal light. No smiley face for me, but like I said its better.

I have been having Soup since my unfill, but will start some regular food tomorrow. I do get hungry, but not like before the first fill. I think I have restriction, but scared to test it. My scale said another 2 lbs lost, but I'll wait to post the official weight the next time I go in for a fill.

Sorry to hear about your PBs Leila. One thing on my list not to eat is corn. You may not be able to eat it now after your fill. I think each of us will find different foods that we can't eat now. It probably wasn't the fish, but the corn. I think we get "set up" and then wham the next thing in our mouth causes the PB. I'm eating way slow and waiting between bites for the tell tale signs. This is definitely a whole new way of life!!!

Let's see if I can do better today on water. Hope everyone has a great day.