Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hey, has anyone that was filled last week notice their restriction going away. Today I could eat way too much.

Have heard about first fills "disappearing" but don't know if that is it or not...

I now think I have the opposite effect on my fill - too much restriction. I had that PB episode on Saturday and haven't recovered yet. I have had nothing but liquids and very little of that. Yesterday I did fairly well and then last night I had a sip of Water and wham - golf ball. I finally took my aciphex and within 25 minutes the pain had subsided.

This morning I was able to take my meds - crushed with a little liquid on a spoon, and a few sips of coffee. I felt tight, but OK. Took one more sip of coffee and WHAM - golfball. On the way to work I was finally able to burb and starting feeling a little better. Still have sorness in my esphogus.

I am trying to get a bottle of Ensure down and it is slow going. I am thinking I'm going to have to call for a slight unfill. I don't want to do damage this early in the game. I'll wait a few hours and see if things get looser.

I sure want to lose weight, but I don't think golfballs is the way to do it.

hey Barb,

sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Maybe you should get some of the fill removed??? Keep your chin up, it will get better I'm sure. At least I hope it does. Keep us updated though. I have such a long time before my first fill. It isn't until Aug. 15th. So, I can't comment on how it went for me obviously.

Ever find any egg graphics???

Yes I did, but when I tried to post it it went on as an attachment. I had to delete it. I think we will have to do the words like they did.

Maybe I should welcome them to fill land, where you are opened to the unknowns of the PBs, burps, no restriction, too much restriction, plain happy, plain sad, etc.

This sucks big time. I hate to do it, but I'm calling for an unfill.

Yeah the same thing happened when I found egg graphics.

I think it is best to get the unfill, at least part of it, than to suffer. Get adjusted to the smaller amount first then progress to more of a fill. I think you are making a good decision! I believe you will feel much better in the long run about getting the unfill.

I called and they will work me in tomorrow at 3:45. I could have gone in today, but I work downtown and didn't drive. I almost did, but then thought I was just being a baby. Glad I called and I think I will feel better with a slight unfill. At the time of the fill they told me they usually put in 1cc. However, they ended up giving me 1.5 with .5 already being in there. When they did the fluro the first time with 1cc I was still pretty wide open. I guess my stomach has a delayed reaction to fills. That's good to know and should warn others who are feeling no restriction from their fill. Wait a while to see if you do get some. I have been on liquids since July 12th and getting tired of them.

I'll take care of the July group. Hope everyone is doing well.

Well Barb,

I'm happy that you are getting a slight unfill. hate to know a fellow bandster is suffering. Take it easy today. Glad you made the appt.

If you want to egg the July crew thread, nows the moment! Barb and I have been in there allready. :D

Take care Barb, I'm sure you'll be feeling better after a slight unfill!

Barb

So Sorry to hear about the fill troubles. I'm the exact opposite. No restriction after fill on Friday. I'm been hungry and feeling sorry for myself. Your story makes me think twice about restriction envy.

Take care. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,

I had my first fill yesterday at the clinic. I was able to drink Water fine and they sent me over to the restaurant to eat some scrambled egg before I got on the train to go home. I was fine.

This morning I really don't feel any difference and I have been steadily gaining weight. I am up 6 1/2 lbs from surgery.

I am discouraged and disappointed and depressed to say the least. I am failing once again. This process was not supposed to be a failure and here I am once again.

I have such a screwed up body that it just won't let me have any peace. I think my body was built to torment my life to be my pennance for life. What a disaster I am.

I read the other posts and you are all doing so well - 20, 40 and 50 lbs and here I sit gaining. Only lost while on Optifast - but can one stay on that forever??? I thought this was supposed to be the end of dieting?

sorry for the rant and best wishes to all

jude

I'll take care of the July group.

That sounds ominous!!!! ***Shaking*** :eek::):)

I like to read this thread to know what's going to happen next.

Barb, I hope you get your fills just right next time around.

jude,

I know it can be discouraging but keep up the battle. Going by your ticker, you have also lost 22 lbs! That is quite an accomplishment!!! Many people gain prior to their first fill, and now that you have that, you can get rid of those 6 lbs and even more. If need be, maybe you can re-evaluate what you are eating or perhaps increase your exercise. I really think you will start seeing a change. Everyone loses at different rates. Please don't think of this as a failure... its a learning experience! And it's not a diet, its a lifestlye change. You can do this. If you feel like you need to talk, feel free to msg me any time!

Jude,

Take a deep breath. It is slow going at first. Please don't get discouraged. You know that once you aren't eating as much as before, you have to lose weight. You are probably just retaining right now. Be careful with the fill. You should be on liquids for a couple of days and give your stomach a chance to adjust. I was very hungry after my fill and felt I had no restriction. Three days later, whammy. Some people take up to two weeks before their fill kicks in. If after that time you don't feel restriction you might see about getting another small fill. You have to sneak up to the sweet spot.

I went to hungry to over restricted in 3 days. Give it time.

LOL Barbara for the egging. Very cute! Hey, we have to have a little fun. We are all in this together.

Jude --you hang in there and do not get discouraged. This is not failing you, and you are not failing. We have to remember that this is not a "quick" fix but rather a journey. With any journey in life comes peaks and valleys. (((((you've been hugged))))

Poodles --the girl that did my fill told me that sometimes the first fill gets absorbed into the body and that I may need another fill in 2 weeks. I think I had a delay in my fill and I am feeling pretty restricted. I can certainly eat more that a few bites, but I'm not so tight that I'm PBing like Barbara (which I'm glad to hear your getting a slight unfill). I think I will wait another week or 2 to see how this fill goes.

Melissa Lea