Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is weird.. I can eat

Oh, I forgot to answer your question about whether drinking 6-7 pints of Water or herbal tea a day. That's about twice as much as my surgeon recommends. Staying well hydrated as you heal and for the rest of your life is essential for your health, but I'm curious about why you're drinking so much. Is that a typical amount for you? Are you extra thirsty? Are you taking any new medications? Are you diabetic? Those and many other factors can make you thirsty, and if that's not typical intake for you, you really need to talk to your primary care physician about it.

In theory it's possible to drink too much liquid, upsetting your electrolyte balance and wreaking havoc throughout your body, but that's not very common. I just don't want you to be ignoring a symptom of something that could be wrong with your health.

Please listen to Jean! She and I have been through that and have seen all issues with the band and the END RESULTS....

I encourage you to get Jean's book, on how to live with the lap band.

Please listen to Jean! She and I have been through that and have seen all issues with the band and the END RESULTS....

I encourage you to get Jean's book' date=' on how to live with the lap band.[/quote']

Jean wrote a great book. Cheryl us a nurse who teaches nutrition

I would listen to them

Good luck

I am pre-surgery but from several of the posts I have read, most of the people said they were really hungry right after the band. You are not restricted at that point but must follow the crappy liquid/mush/puree diet. I am not looking forward to it, but I think it is an important part of the process for the band to work accurately and to prevent hurting yourself. good luck

@Jean - It's pretty much a normal amount for me. You see years ago I have done Cambridge diet where my Water intake was reaching something like 5 litres a day. I just sip on it constantly. It also may be connected to the fact I got hypothyroidism, however that one is under control with meds- Levothyroxine (as in blood tests come back good). So I guess drinking 3-4 litre a day is actually a downgrade for me. I do get thirsty very easily .

I just got used to drinking alot and it sure does wonders for my skin. Logically, as long as I dont gulp down large amounts it shouldn't really affect the band in any way? I just thought I'd ask since clearly asking my doc would be pointless, and I have yet to find a new one

@Jean - It's pretty much a normal amount for me. You see years ago I have done Cambridge diet where my Water intake was reaching something like 5 litres a day. I just sip on it constantly. It also may be connected to the fact I got hypothyroidism, however that one is under control with meds- Levothyroxine (as in blood tests come back good). So I guess drinking 3-4 litre a day is actually a downgrade for me. I do get thirsty very easily .

I just got used to drinking alot and it sure does wonders for my skin. Logically, as long as I dont gulp down large amounts it shouldn't really affect the band in any way? I just thought I'd ask since clearly asking my doc would be pointless, and I have yet to find a new one

I'm a thirsty person too.

I was told to drink one ounce per hour for the first 3 days post-op. At 5 days post-op it should be OK to drink freely, but not guzzle. As time goes on, you may discover that any liquid you drink too fast and too much will come right back up.

Scratch the one ounce per hour. I meant one ounce every 15 minutes!

Yes, as jean said, you must learn not to guzzle. Sip and small drinks are your friend. Guzzling is not! I agree, if you have not seen a nutritionist, see one who can advise you on eating for lapbanders. You probably spent way too much money to hurt your band and your health! Good luck. My 2 cents worth!

Help and advise people not bash scare and belittle jeez. I am sorry about some of the comments you've had most are very supportive here and beings you are a NEWBIE and have had very lil advise from your surgen they sould know better. Your surgen is a donkey but they all do things diff dr na na book is very good and helpfull but like she said wats done is done get yourself back on track with liqwids and start over fight the hunger its just part of the jurney get your fills and I hope you have great sucsess with your band take care xx