Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What exercise do you do at home?

I just left my gym because it was too expensive. I am planning on joining another gym but for the next week I was trying to get my exercise at home. So I wanted to know from people who work out at home, What exercises are you doing?

insanity! I also have the wii game system... xbox works 2... but ive done the biggest loser on both of those it def worked in the beginning and then I stopped that and started with the gym... ive also been going to a park lately and sprinting for 5 min and then walking for 5 and then sprinting and then walking until im to tired to do anymore... but everytime I go I try to do one more lap then the last

I've tried the insanity and that is too advance for me. lol I do have some of the video games. like the Zumba but my doc said I need more cardio.

I treadmill at home and do Pilates at the gym. Before I joined the class, I would walk regularly, and lift hand weight and do band resistance at home. Looking back, I wish I would have done more exercise early on, so newbies tale note!

I've tried the insanity and that is too advance for me. lol I do have some of the video games. like the Zumba but my doc said I need more cardio.

sprinting is really good cardio... you don't have to start off with 5 min... take your time in progressing toward it... and the biggest loser workout def has some cardio... jumping jacks... jogging in place... jump rope.... just to name a few that I can remember from that game and the game is kinda old so im sure you can buy it used for cheap... also bike riding is really good cardio!

sprinting is really good cardio... you don't have to start off with 5 min... take your time in progressing toward it... and the biggest loser workout def has some cardio... jumping jacks... jogging in place... jump rope.... just to name a few that I can remember from that game and the game is kinda old so im sure you can buy it used for cheap... also bike riding is really good cardio!

"bike riding is really good cardio" SO true. It helped change my life!

I hated going to the gym, always found a excuse to not go. And it really was just an excuse in my case.

But with advice from a friend, I started to cycle...bike riding in Feb 2012. I started out only able to do a couple of miles, before I was tired and out of breath. But even in the beginning, the feeling was incredible. I could do it! I had found something I liked...something I enjoyed that would help me get fit. So almost every day, I'd hit the bike trails...doing only a couple miles at a time the first week or so. GRADUALLY, over the course of weeks, building up to where I could really get a "workout". Within a couple of months, getting up to a longer distance/time...and by then, really starting to notice an improvement in cardio endurance....and the desire for more! So I continued that, just GRADUALLY building distance, until this past June, I rode my first century ride (100 miles). I suppose thats similar to what a runner feels when they complete a marathon, although I don't know....yet....

I got a newsletter from my surgeons office a couple of months ago. An article in it said "Cycling leads to running" and it got me thinking.... Could it really be possible that I could run now?

I had read on here from some REALLY successful folks about the feeling they get from running..."runners high" they describe. So...once again with some help/suggestions/motivation from folks on here, I decided I was going to try it. On July 22nd, I Ran my first 2 mile run. I couldn't believe it!!! It was slow by the runners standards....but I did it. Two days later, I ran a 5K and have done 27 5K's and one 10K run since then. And I'm really starting to enjoy it, thanks to a great coach and friend from this very site. But it ALL started with that first bike ride for me....two miles.

My point, just find whatever it is you enjoy and stick with it. You don't really NEED a gym to get healthy. As mentioned above....a jump rope can provide A FANTASTIC workout...for less than $5. Its you.....its all you....that makes the difference. If I can do it, anybody can. See you in a Triathalon soon?

i walk (and going up and down hills) def makes your legs feel it.

and i also do step aerobics (on a 4inch step box) in my home

and 2x a week, i go to a little dance studio and do low impact step aerobics

but do what you like and enjoy and will continue to do

PS: if i see catfish riding by on his bike with a UK shirt, i cant promise i wont run him over.........go heels

If all the above fail and you have a husband or boyfriend then some good ole fashion romp in the sheets is excellent exercise lol

Looking back, I wish I would have done more exercise early on, so newbies tale note!

Hi there, can you elaborate? I am hoping to replace food thoughts with exercise and just looking for all the inspiration I can get (still pre-band but I think it won't be long now).....right now I kind of dread exercise but I do it -- want to WANT it!

I just finished up the couch to 5k program and running is a love/hate relationship! Sure I could come up with all kinds of excuses why not to do it, but I do enjoy it once I get going. It's a great accomplishment for me. After my runs, I come in and do hand weights, sit ups on an exercise ball, push ups, planks... all kinds of things that I learned from a boot camp class last year. Other days I do the elliptical or zumba on the wii. The key things is finding something that you enjoy to stay motivated. Going to the gym gets boring for me and I can't stick with it. It's all trial and error.

I just left my gym because it was too expensive. I am planning on joining another gym but for the next week I was trying to get my exercise at home. So I wanted to know from people who work out at home, What exercises are you doing?

It does not cost a dime to just get up and walk around your neighborhood. I lost over 100 pounds and never stepped inside of a gym. I simply got up every morning before work at about 5am, and walked about 30-minutes to an 1 hour each day and lost weight quickly with my band.

I think *I* lost weight on my own and my band helped keep my weight off with smaller portions, that is the best way, that way you don't have to depend so much on the band and so much on costly gyms.

I own a treadmill now and use that when it gets cold outside, so there is more ways to skin a cat and keep weight off.

Good luck.

Hi there, can you elaborate? I am hoping to replace food thoughts with exercise and just looking for all the inspiration I can get (still pre-band but I think it won't be long now).....right now I kind of dread exercise but I do it -- want to WANT it!

then do it.......the only one stopping you is you......when i started, i could barely walk.....get up and go GF.....dont dread... :wub:

Yes...don't wait to start exercising!! Incorporate it now and it will become a habit that makes you feel guilty when you don't do it. Replace the obsession of food with the obsession with exercise. I wish I would have done this from the beginning. I love kettlebells. Cardio and strength all in one. Definitely gets the heart rate up