Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Can't I Eat Right After A Fill?

I agree, it's obvious to me that I am in fact not helping, so I will not be replying to you henceforth. I have in the past been a lot less forthright but that doesn't make a bit of difference if it's not what someone wants to hear. I agree that I should not have replied, because let's face it, I don't have any investment in your success. So take from this what you will, and dismiss me if that's your choice, but just because I didn't sugar coat the truth doesn't mean it's not the truth. Like I always say, take the advice, leave it, block me, whatever, no skin off my nose. I don't know you at all, whereas I know plenty of people here support me and have my support.

Good luck with your band, btw. No sarcasm intended. For those who know me know that all I want is for others to succeed with it as I have done, and wanting that sometimes means dishing out tough love as others have done for me in the past. But as usual, sometimes no matter what you say, or how many times you say it, or in how many different ways you say it, it's for nothing if someone's made their mind up already.

Good point lellow I came here for answers and I got them what you and Hazel don't seem to understand is you can make your point without being a b***h. hazel didn't even answer the question so what's the point of responding? It it was obvious that hazel responded just o show her frustration and I could care less for that type of information. No one held my hand they all answered the question that I asked and advised that I follow the doctor's instruction. At this point I realize that this is a character flaw and people like Hazel don't get it and it sounds like you don't either if you're fed up you don't need to reply because you're not helping. I've realized that there are young people in this talk lapband community who may not have the emotional maturity to tell people like you and Hazel where they can stuff that so called help and it may cause them to eat more the behaviour is unnecessary and the fact that you and hazel can't see that is mind blowing to me. At this point we are no longer talking about lapband and again I fail to see how keeping this conversation going is going to help. I did not come on here to get into a silly immature cat fight with a bunch of women.

That's the problem with opinions, everyone things they are right. Angel bliss continued to be sarcastic even after the fact.... And to me.... Anyway, I'll stay very far away from her negativity. Lellow, thanks for your post. Since I have been on this forum, I have watched as you give advice in a supportive and effective manner....that's why I respect your opinion.

I am not phased by what you 'think' of me either my dear. I have made a contribution to this site and helped many people through their hardest times and not all of them are band related issues. I will give all of my resource and compassion to those I feel compelled to help, it's not a requirement.

Please don't be so self righteous that you think can categorize me or stereotype me or "know" who I am off of a mere post or two.

Why don't you look up my profile, and see ALL the posts I've posted. Get a REAL gist of who I am and how I address this site/forum. Just because you got the short end of the stick, doesn't make me a culprit.

If you haven't noticed, quite a few people LIKED my post. This is another way to SUPPORT my opinion/post. Don't be so foolish to believe I (and lellow) are the only ones who believe a direct approach is sometimes warranted.

I personally was disinterested in advising someone AFTER the fact. Rather, I was more interested in another point. The point that you don't have the luxury to think after the fact w/ the band. You put a foreign object in your body. Abuse it, and it will bite you in the ass period. Respect the band. You don't have to respect me!

Again, you don't know me. So tell yourself whatever you feel necessary. But you still don't know me. And just so you know, lellow and I have the EXACT same attitude (snicker, sorry lellow but you know it's true bahahahahahhahah)

I am not phased by what you 'think' of me either my dear. I have made a contribution to this site and helped many people through their hardest times and not all of them are band related issues. I will give all of my resource and compassion to those I feel compelled to help, it's not a requirement.

Please don't be so self righteous that you think can categorize me or stereotype me or "know" who I am off of a mere post or two.

Why don't you look up my profile, and see ALL the posts I've posted. Get a REAL gist of who I am and how I address this site/forum. Just because you got the short end of the stick, doesn't make me a culprit.

If you haven't noticed, quite a few people LIKED my post. This is another way to SUPPORT my opinion/post. Don't be so foolish to believe I (and lellow) are the only ones who believe a direct approach is sometimes warranted.

I personally was disinterested in advising someone AFTER the fact. Rather, I was more interested in another point. The point that you don't have the luxury to think after the fact w/ the band. You put a foreign object in your body. Abuse it, and it will bite you in the ass period. Respect the band. You don't have to respect me!

Again, you don't know me. So tell yourself whatever you feel necessary. But you still don't know me. And just so you know, lellow and I have the EXACT same attitude (snicker, sorry lellow but you know it's true bahahahahahhahah)

that was great-to the point and the truth!!!

Interesting approach' date=' you are told no soilds for 24 hrs but you decline the advice and ask questions after. Why bother?[/quote']

She's on here for advice. Your comment is negative and confrontational. Please be more patient. We are all learning in this safe environment.

I don't and won't refrain from giving you some honest feedback. Answer or not (which was eloquently answered prior to my post by pg)' date=' the point is you should ask questions you don't understand BEFORE you sabotage yourself, your health and your band. My apologies for getting riled by seeing day in and day out people who are subjecting themselves to harm and feeling frustrated. Why? Because of the innate fear that that person may end up with a complication that could result in the removal of their band, long term recovery, and worse yet, them not having attained their goal. Trust me, my piffyness is a sign of actually caring. Sorry you don't know me well enough to understand the correlation. So you say judging whereas I say dead honest[/quote']

I did feel the same way about your approach. A little more understanding from a long term Bandster and 'founder'. Patience. Our road is still long. You've reached your junction. Diplomacy is a virtue and attitudes don't help here. I like your point but imagine the lady now being embarrassed or too frightened to post for advice because of your acerbic response...... Just a thought sister