Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to according to my dr. I followed my preop.. I was scared of having a fatty liver. I'm glad I did' date=' I lost 19 pounds during that time[/quote']

Woop woop to those 19lb....I lost about that too ...had my band 3 weeks ago and happy to say lost more still on the post op liquid diet to...waiting to go and have first fill ...looking to maintain my weight loss until I get back in there :-)

I will be starting my liquid diet on the 2nd of October. Does this mean that I have to quit my coffee?!?!?!?!?!?

Ive heard different things from different people and sites. I had coffee the whole time. The caffeine helped suppress my appetite but I used splenda sugar and fat free milk. I've heard that putting some instant coffee in your Protein shakes is yummie also. But to be safe u should ask your doc or nutritionist.

I barely made it thru my 2 week diet. Lol. I cheated a few times :/ but still lost 15 lbs :) I got banded yesterday and will start my Clear liquids today. Cant wait to be back on Soups and yogurts. Mmmmmm... anyways. Best of luck

It is so much harder to stay on this pre-op diet on the weekend than during the week while I'm working!!!

I gave in to temptation today and ate 3 tbs scrambled egg/white off my daughter's Breakfast plate, and then at lunch some 2 thin slices of low sodium low fat cheese and two small/thin slices deli ham. I was famished, and now I feel guilty. :unsure: But I tried to be good at least with my cheat choices. I am just finishing week 1 of a 3 week pre-op diet.

OK, and what do you think (besides that I'm desperate!)? If I am allowed to eat cucumbers in my dinner salad, do you think a pickle counts the same?

It is so much harder to stay on this pre-op diet on the weekend than during the week while I'm working!!!

I gave in to temptation today and ate 3 tbs scrambled egg/white off my daughter's Breakfast plate' date=' and then at lunch some 2 thin slices of low sodium low fat cheese and two small/thin slices deli ham. I was famished, and now I feel guilty. :unsure: But I tried to be good at least with my cheat choices. I am just finishing week 1 of a 3 week pre-op diet.

OK, and what do you think (besides that I'm desperate!)? If I am allowed to eat cucumbers in my dinner salad, do you think a pickle counts the same?[/quote']

Those cheats werent too bad. I have a confession... one of my cheats was a juicy bacon cheese burger with the best fries in town. *drool* I felt crappy after but I did it. Also I wasnt able to eat AT ALL (sounds like your allowed to have a salad each day). Anyways your right, they were better cheat choices then what I made. I only had to do the diet for 2 weeks tho. I couldn't imagine doing it for 3 weeks.

As far as the cucumber vs pickle. I don't think it's the Same thing only because of the salt the pickle might be packing. :)

Yeah, that pickle's salt and my cheating made me gain .8 this morning. How can you gain on a liquid diet? LOL!!!

I worked out hard today and am drinking lots of Water.

Every doctor is different. I was told by his nurse that one cup a day with my half and half was fine. Just one cup however and I normally drink two cups a day..

Those cheats werent too bad. I have a confession... one of my cheats was a juicy bacon cheese burger with the best fries in town. *drool* I felt crappy after but I did it. Also I wasnt able to eat AT ALL (sounds like your allowed to have a salad each day). Anyways your right, they were better cheat choices then what I made. I only had to do the diet for 2 weeks tho. I couldn't imagine doing it for 3 weeks.

As far as the cucumber vs pickle. I don't think it's the Same thing only because of the salt the pickle might be packing. :)

You're already banded! That's awesome and makes me feel somewhat better. I cheated tonight :/ Overall I've done so good, but I'm PMSing like mad! (I nearly tore my house apart yesterday, not because of the liquid diet, but because of the pms lol) They did tell me "A bite never hurt anyone" but I had 6 bites, and I've been very good up until tonight. Fussy with myself, but since I know so many people who didn't have to do liquids, or at least got to eat one meal a day, I'm not too terribly worried about it, and I intend to be honest with my surgeon.

They made it a big deal to become part of a community for support, but in a way it's only made me insanely jealous of the people who didn't have to do liquids, or only had to do partial liquids. All I can think about is how unfair it seems.

Not to make light of the pre-op diet, there's definitely less stress if you just do as they say :/

Duchess, it might make you feel better to know I had to do 24 days liquid diet pre op for my surgery.. It was only 450 calories a day and tasted like vomit... Weight loss was amazing but it was proper tough...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Gosh Zingy, that is crazy! I had a Protein Shake the other day that has a vomit'ish after taste. I couldn't finish it. It was God-awful. I'm glad that you made it through that! Just wow. Great job girly.

I'm really glad I did afterwards. I think my recovery was speedy because I made such a huge pre op commitment. It helped a bit with hunger too post op. I was used to eating nothing that Soup etc was heaven...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LapBandTalk

Ive heard different things from different people and sites. I had coffee the whole time. The caffeine helped suppress my appetite but I used splenda sugar and fat free milk. I've heard that putting some instant coffee in your Protein shakes is yummie also. But to be safe u should ask your doc or nutritionist. I barely made it thru my 2 week diet. Lol. I cheated a few times :/ but still lost 15 lbs :) I got banded yesterday and will start my Clear Liquids today. Cant wait to be back on Soups and yogurts. Mmmmmm... anyways. Best of luck

How is life with the band? I'm getting banded October 29th. I'm a bit nervous. Would be lying if I said I wasn't. Do you have any advice?