Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyother November 2013 bansters?

I was banded on 11/4/13. Today is one week post op and I am feeling better and oh so excited to be on this journey! The only problem that I have had is taking in all the liquids. I fell behind and got dehydrated, had to go and get IV fluids. Feeling much better now and really pushing myself to drink.

I was banded on 11/4/13. Today is one week post op and I am feeling better and oh so excited to be on this journey! The only problem that I have had is taking in all the liquids. I fell behind and got dehydrated, had to go and get IV fluids. Feeling much better now and really pushing myself to drink.

How did you know you were dehydrated? I'm day 5 post op.

Hiya everyone,

my op is in a couple days kind of exciting :D

ive done quite well on the pre op diet think ive lost a few kg

ill update when im all good :)

How did you know you were dehydrated? I'm day 5 post op.

. I was extremely weak, couldn't even get up. Also, decreased urination and urine really dark and a strong odor. Once you get to this point, you need to go get IV fluids, you can't catch up on your own. Today is day 8, and oh what a difference ! I went to doc for 1 week follow-up. Everything good. Today is 1 month to the day that I went to the seminar, 4 weeks in the Sugar Busters diet and I have lost 24.5 pounds! Have 1 more week of liquids and then I start on the mushy diet. Super Excited!

Day 8 here -- have been cruising along but then overdid it yesterday and have had a very quiet day today. This coincides with a return of hunger. My husband heated himself up a pizza. Trader Joe's gluten-free in the toaster oven smelled like chocolate to me. Weird! Then I couldn't stand to listen to him eating it. I didn't want any -- very happy with my little bowl of cottage cheese and applesauce -- but the way he was going at that thing then drizzling olive oil on the crusts and wolfing those down with the loudest crunching sounds ever. It was extremely irritating and fascinating all at once. I can tell I am going to be observing a lot of eating around me and I just hope I'm not going to need earplugs.

I am 2 days out from surgery. Stayed 1 night in hospital. By last night, my first night home, I had major nausea and dry heaves several times. Had Jello and Water, not much else. Today has been much better, managed 3 half cup Protein Shakes, sipped water all day, had more jello and a popscicle. No nausea today, thankfully. Have taken no pain pills, not really hurting. Sore on movement but not pain. Hope everyone is doing well.

:) I am sooooo excited I received my surgery date November 26th!!

I am excited, nervous, all kinds of everything lol

I love this forum, lots of info, and great people.

Can't wait till it is all over, and on the other side.

Hi there, there a couple of November threads so be sure to look for them -- there are so many of us! I am on day 12 and feeling great. Overdid one day and had to lay low the next, but all in all it's been a very smooth recovery. Best wishes to all!

good morning everyone, im 2 days post op and feeling pretty good.

i have no scales at home so i cant weigh how much ive lost but i weighed myself at my cousins where i stayed the night before.

i was shocked to tears that i had lost 6kgs from the liquid diet before surgery.

i didnt get much pain but the horrible air/gas pain in my shoulders were hell. def take some degas that helps alot.

hope everyone else is doing great and feeling good :)

i have no regrets and im looking towards a great future x

Hey November buddies, I had my gastric band fitted on 12th November. It's great there is a site like this to help. Wish I knew about it sooner! I too had the gas pains etc which were rather painful. Also developed a cough which made me wince every time :-/ but all in all I feel great. Was around food for first time today, was tough but stuck to it. How is everyone else getting on? :-D

Hello all, I was banded Thursday, 3 days ago. Trying to consume Protein. I am drinking Isopure Green Tea as it is considered a clear liquid. Did anyone drink a smooth Protein Drink like the ones we did before surgery? If I could drink those I know I would be a happy camper. Please let me know, thanks!

Hello all, I was banded Thursday, 3 days ago. Trying to consume Protein. I am drinking Isopure Green Tea as it is considered a clear liquid. Did anyone drink a smooth Protein Drink like the ones we did before surgery? If I could drink those I know I would be a happy camper. Please let me know, thanks!

Hi, the list that the dietician gave me said I could have Clear liquids for 3 days then go on to thicker liquid like custard. I also need to drink a pint of milk a day. So I lf those shakes are like slim fast then I don't see any reason not to have one. Just have a smaller glass and sip it to test it out :-)

Bandista and Princess Leah, Thanks so much for getting back to me with terrific advice. This morning I had a Protein shake and life is good. Have a great week!

Bandista and Princess Leah, Thanks so much for getting back to me with terrific advice. This morning I had a Protein shake and life is good. Have a great week!

That's okay, you too :-)