Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyother November 2013 bansters?

At my hospital, we do the liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgery. Then on to mushy stuff for a while. For the time before surgery, I am expected to continue to lose weight and for the week before, a strictly low fat low sugar diet is recommended.

I have Nov 6 as surgery date if my ordered band comes into the hospital in time. This is at a military hospital.

I have lost about 23 lbs since about May. Got rid of some big clothes. I am right on the border of the obese scale to qualify for surgery but pre diabetes and pre hypertension and PCOS kept me on the list. I have about 70 lbs to lose.

I look forward to all the November postings.

At my hospital' date=' we do the liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgery. Then on to mushy stuff for a while. For the time before surgery, I am expected to continue to lose weight and for the week before, a strictly low fat low sugar diet is recommended.

I have Nov 6 as surgery date if my ordered band comes into the hospital in time. This is at a military hospital.

I have lost about 23 lbs since about May. Got rid of some big clothes. I am right on the border of the obese scale to qualify for surgery but pre diabetes and pre hypertension and PCOS kept me on the list. I have about 70 lbs to lose.

I look forward to all the November postings.[/quote']

Good luck and congrats!! It will be here before we know it :)

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it is almost November already. I hope everyone is doing well. I started my pre-op diet yesterday. My surgery is still on for November 21st. GOOD LUCK!

So I gained weight BUT I am still under the initial weight so now they submit and I hold my breath...

Any news yet? Is it a go?

Any news yet? Is it a go?

When I got home an checked my mail I actually had an approval letter from the INS! True Results had appealed on my behalf and they said yes!!!

I called True Results today to see if they have a copy of the letter and to get my name on the books for good!

I was talking to my aunt last night telling her I want to see if I can get the surgery bumped up an she asked why because November 14 is only 3 weeks away! Lol I didn't realize how close it really was :) but I'm still going to get it bumped up a week or so if I can!

How is everyone else doing?

Much better today on pre-op diet. As the days go by its getting easier. Can't wait to get my band. I'm so excited!! How are you?

Doing ok just want to get an official date and hope it's moved up of at all possible! I will be ok with nov 14 if I can't get it moved! I've waited this long! I am suppose to officially start the pre op on Thursday but am kinda doing it already just in case :)

I am scheduled for Nov 4th. Very nervous here. Hard to imagine what the other side looks like. I have no pre-op diet. Full liquids for seven days. Then mushy foods from week 2-6. Then I am off to all solids. Pretty conservative. I am working on my menu for a couple of weeks so I don't have to think about it when I get home from the hospital. That way I figured I will eat as much as they want and get in my Protein and fluids.

I am getting nervous. Hope the pulmonary testing goes ok tomorrow. If I clear that, all is a go for Nov. 7th! I've already started a list of things I will want or need after I get home from surgery. Really anxious to start this journey to a healthier me! :)

I am getting nervous. Hope the pulmonary testing goes ok tomorrow. If I clear that' date=' all is a go for Nov. 7th! I've already started a list of things I will want or need after I get home from surgery. Really anxious to start this journey to a healthier me! :)[/quote']

I had my pulmonary test the first appt. it's not that bad! You got this! :)

I am getting nervous. Hope the pulmonary testing goes ok tomorrow. If I clear that' date=' all is a go for Nov. 7th! I've already started a list of things I will want or need after I get home from surgery. Really anxious to start this journey to a healthier me! :)[/quote']

You got this!

It's not that big of a deal - I had the pulmonary test on my first visit.

I'm just not sure what all they will be doing tomorrow, and the fact that I'm still smoking (won't smoke in the morning though). I really plan on quitting...SOON! I had read reviews that the Dr. will not do the surgery on people who still smoke! When I went in for my consult, they asked and I said I had quit 2 weeks prior (which was true at the time, but fell off the wagon). Funny though, when I had my consult with the dr, he didn't even mention smoking. I have everything lined up with time off work, etc., so I don't want any last minute suprises!

I'm just not sure what all they will be doing tomorrow' date=' and the fact that I'm still smoking (won't smoke in the morning though). I really plan on quitting...SOON! I had read reviews that the Dr. will not do the surgery on people who still smoke! When I went in for my consult, they asked and I said I had quit 2 weeks prior (which was true at the time, but fell off the wagon). Funny though, when I had my consult with the dr, he didn't even mention smoking. I have everything lined up with time off work, etc., so I don't want any last minute suprises![/quote']

First sorry for the two replies! Darn phone :/

When I had mine they make you blow into a machine to get the base reading then they have you do a couple jumping jacks and/or stretching (reach down towards toes) then they have you blow into the machine again. That was it for me. I don't know what others have had to do.

Thanks, I am sure I am worrying over nothing (I ALWAYS do!). Did you get your surgery date moved up?

First sorry for the two replies! Darn phone :/

When I had mine they make you blow into a machine to get the base reading then they have you do a couple jumping jacks and/or stretching (reach down towards toes) then they have you blow into the machine again. That was it for me. I don't know what others have had to do.