Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Implants

Hey all. I am coming up on my 2 year bandiversary this December. I went from 283 to my current 176. My goal is 150 so I still have a good deal to lose but I am looking into getting breast implants for next summer. In losing weight I went from a full D cup to barely a B (probably an A but I can't make myself put an A on, my B bras have room). I want to cry whenever I look down. It's like I have wrinkly deflated balloons where breasts should be. They lay as flat as a pancake and I have to lift them and stuff the wrinkly skin into my bra. I'm just so unhappy with them.

Is it something I should go for now? Should I wait until I'm ready for a tumny tuck (which I will need thanks to the flapping skin folds that sound like I'm getting spanked when I do my tuck jumps)?

Hi Melio,

Congrats on the wl. I too lost a considerable amount of weight and am now ready for Cosmetic Surgery (CS). I think there's a multitude of factors to consider and than it comes down to personal preference.

I am getting a wide array of procedures done: Tummy Tuck, arm lift, breast lift and implants. My preference is to get this all done at once as I am not a fan of having to go under repeatedly for surgery and having to go through recovery more times than necessary. It's also cheaper to get more than one procedure and also cheaper to have it done once (ie one less operating room and anesthesia expense), and that also may be a factor to consider.

But I think the hardest thing for you might be choosing the size implant you want. I am at goal and I am having a very difficult time settling on an implant size because it's hard to envision the end product without the old stomach silhouette (and that's just sagging skin). If you have 25+ lbs to go it may be even more difficult. But if you already know, no worries.

Also, I know plenty of people on here who have had CS before reaching goal. As much as 30 lbs overweight and they got their TTs. Consult w/ a CSurgeon and get their opinion on when to get yours.

Hey all. I am coming up on my 2 year bandiversary this December. I went from 283 to my current 176. My goal is 150 so I still have a good deal to lose but I am looking into getting breast implants for next summer. In losing weight I went from a full D cup to barely a B (probably an A but I can't make myself put an A on, my B bras have room). I want to cry whenever I look down. It's like I have wrinkly deflated balloons where breasts should be. They lay as flat as a pancake and I have to lift them and stuff the wrinkly skin into my bra. I'm just so unhappy with them.

Is it something I should go for now? Should I wait until I'm ready for a tumny tuck (which I will need thanks to the flapping skin folds that sound like I'm getting spanked when I do my tuck jumps)?

My chest was the first to go, I went from a 54DDD to a 36B with room to spare! My insurance is covering my Tummy Tuck, breast lift and the removal of the skin on my upper arms. since the skin lays on skin so it is a hot bed for infection. That's all good to me! The surgeon who will do my surgery said she will have to put in breast augmentations to lift my breast, well that's all good! But I am waiting to lose 40 more before I have anything done. For now I wear a nice well fitted bra with lots of padding and lift to it!

I would wait to combine the two procedures. Then you're saving on anesthesia cost and you'll only have to take off work and be in pain once! I just had an arm and breast lift. I still have a few other procedures I want, and I'm trying to combine as many together as my Surgeon thinks is safe.

I.would love to do an arm lift if they figured out how not to have so much scarring in the under arm... My shin scars badly