Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

70 pounds lighter and no more meds

i went to my dr today for a pre op physicle for and knee replacement and weighed in at 200 pounds and the dr said that he thinks i should not loose anymore weight also did pre op blood work all my level are now good and no more high blood pressure so my dr took me off all the meds i was taking for blood preasure,trygliserides and cholesteral so its a good day but i still think i want to loose 10 more pounds

Congratulations on everything! Wow how awesome for you to not have to take meds anymore!

Do you have before and after photos to share? We all could use your tips as well!

no pics but i just did what most people do. gave up pop and fast foods but i have to admit i still have my junk food reeses and ice cream once a week i think giving up the stuff you love completely is a bad idea i now can just have a few bites and put it down for a later time.where before i would eat it all until it was gone much i have.also help that my wife had the lapband done also so we are doing it together she is down 60 pounds

What wonderful news. Congratulations to no more meds. Woohoo!!

Way to go!

My wife and I had ours lap bands put in on the same day on 9/7/07.

We both stayed overnight and in the same room. The nurses did a double take when they saw a man and women in the same room. They also thought it was cute that we would both have it done on the same time.

Makes it easier when both are doing the same lifestyle change.

The only difference is that I have a 4cc band and she has a 10cc band.

At first I was not pleased that she was getting the band but after doing my own research ended up deciding to have it done as well. The journey has not been ease but is own of the best decisions we have made in our life time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches