Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8/26 Banders!! Let's do this:-)

I cant believe I made it to day 14 of my pre-op diet! I slipped a couple times, but I am ready to start the rest of my life. It took me 3 yrs of contemplating (and steadily gaining weight) before finally deciding lapband was the right choice for me.

If u are having your band tomorrow or the near future, good luck!!! Feel free to find me for support and I'll do the same. I've not said my weight, but when I get on the scale tomorrow morning before leaving for surgery I'll post it here.

Off to the market to stock up on broth and Soup for post-op life (not looking fwd, but nothing is worse than the pre-op lol). Talk to u later!

Tiff

Good luck! I'm getting banded tomorrow as well. I only had a 3 day Clear liquids diet which was not too bad, but I've been much more tired than normal and feeling a bit shaky today. I'm so done with sf Jello and I can't wait to have my first few sips of Protein shake post-op. This will be my third surgery so not too nervous - if I can make it through a big time spinal fusion I can make it through this.

Best of luck to all of the other late Aug bandsters!

I get my band on in 5 hours! I can't sleep right now :( too nervous about my 2 times of cheating and worried that i won't get a band placed. I'm beating myself up... I'm sure it will go fine just nervous still.. Good luck to everyone today. Excited for the journey to a better me & us all,

Hello, how is everyone! I am so happy surgery day is over and I'm on to recovery. I did my research so i'm not surprised at any of the discomfort, and this liquid vicodin is the bees knees! Im currently laying on my chaise bc sitting up is the most comfortable for me right now. Not hungry at all, but i am enjoying this v8 splash mango peach juice. Hope u all are well and I'm so ready to get my (health) life in order. And to know that there are ppl like me out there. Let me know how u are:-)

Tiff

Doing well with my Percocet. I drank about 3 oz of Protein Drink and had a half cup of puréed potato leek Soup with a bit of velveeta and dried skim milk mixed in. I'm trying to get my fluids in but it's difficult at this point. Really wish I could take a long hot shower now, but gotta wait till tomorrow afternoon.

I'd love to join you newly banded ladies... I actually have a band and have had one since 2003 but have had some ups and downs along the way. I recently found out that I have a slip and am having my revision to correct the slip and plication on Thursday the 29th! The past two years have come and gone with a very horrible surgeon I switched my care to and now that I'm back in my original surgeons hands I'm confident I will be able to start over and continue on my journey the way I had in the distant past! I'd love to keep in touch with you all so you can remind me and teach me what I have not learned or forgotten!

I was banded 8/26! What are you guys eating at this point and how much? I'm up to a cup or so at a time, and my dr says that's normal. Anyone else anywhere near? I was 1/4 cup after surgery, 1/2 for about 2 days and now a full cup.

I am on different foods daily I add something new today is sweet potatoes and oatmeal. I also can have sugar free puddings apple sauce and low fat yogurt mashed potatoes and soft cooked veggies and I am one week and one day post op (obviously was banded the 26th) lol I have found on this forum that every doctor and post and also pre op diets are different DRASTICALLY different good luck :)

I had my revision on 8/29/13 and so far I'm allowed pureed but have been mainly drinking my Protein Drinks, Water, milk, and coffee. I've had grits twice as well as a bit of thinned Noosa Yoghurt which is divine. I'm getting very sick of the sweet so I've also had some Spicy V8. I'm not really all that hungry yet which is a good thing and I've been sticking to my 2-3 oz limits on non liquids. I think by the end of puree which for me is 2 weeks we can then go up to 3-4 oz on mechanical soft. I have always found it funny how much each surgeon and program differ in their pre-op requirements and post-op plans and it always drives me batty because I don't want to be the one doing too much or too little. I'm basically letting my body give me cues and trying to push the head hunger from boredom and smelling what my family is eating to the back of my mind...although some scrambled eggs smelled so good yesterday I just about cried.