Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi it's been 8 weeks since surgery .. Still get left shoulder pain and arm too .. But I already seen my cardio dr .. Not from heart lol ... What is it it's been for like 1 werk

I feel really bad for you and went through same ordeal. I even went to a chiropractor thinking they could help. It will all go away I promise! It was from all that gas being pumped into us, please know it will quit hurting but takes time.

Hi it's been 8 weeks since surgery .. Still get left shoulder pain and arm too .. But I already seen my cardio dr .. Not from heart lol ... What is it it's been for like 1 werk

Some people complain of the shoulder pain for many weeks post op. I was one of the lucky ones and never had shoulder pain. I would check with my doctor to see if there is anything that can be done to relieve it.

Have you tried a heating pad to get some relief? It works real well.

~~~Stephanie

I work on a surgery floor at the hopsital and its very common its from the gas they pump in to you. Some people absorb it very quickly whike others it can take weeks. The onky way to help it get absorbed faster is walking. Walk any chance you get it breaks up the gas sitting in your joints and gets absorbed by the body. You feel it in your shoulder but its really the pressure sitting on a nerve that travels up that way.

Wow .. I thought after 8 or 9 weeks shoulder pain would be gone .. It was gone for about 7 weeks then came back ...

I too still get occasional shoulder pain. Especially after fills. It seems that it happens when I am full. I can usually feel it coming on and know to stop eating.

I am just over 2 weeks post op and when I have experienced that shoulder pain at its worst I thought I was having a heart attack!!!! i have found that since I have gone onto a mashed diet is is better, but seems worse when I am hungry. I believe it is something to do with the nerve in the shoulder and it feels like nerve pain.

I am actually experiencing it now. To be honest this has been the worst part of surgery.

I remember suffering similar pain when I had my hysterectomy 18 months ago and the gas pain lasted about 6 weeks then, so I am hoping it will pass.

All the best. :)

My doctor said it is a nerve that runs across the abdomen and is somewhat affected by the surgery. It runs up the shoulder and can either ache when you're hungry or when you're full. Mine hurts when I get full. Can't remember the name of the nerve. Maybe someone here knows?

My doctor said it is a nerve that runs across the abdomen and is somewhat affected by the surgery. It runs up the shoulder and can either ache when you're hungry or when you're full. Mine hurts when I get full. Can't remember the name of the nerve. Maybe someone here knows?

Tis is interesting Georgia as I have experienced the same thing. Huh, I might ask my Doc.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

It's the vagus nerve.