Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision will be with Plication and have a few questions.

Just found out yesterday after an UGI last Friday that I have a slip.

After talking with my surgeon he will be doing a revision as well as adding plication and I'm wondering for those that have had the band without plication and then later had a revision adding plication what their experience was. Did you notice a difference in how your band functioned? Did you tend to lose faster with the plication? Any and all experiences are appreciated.

I haven't had the band without plication as I got my plication with my band. I've been able to lose a lot of weight without any fills and finally started getting fills about 3 months ago. I probably could have very well lost all my weight with just the plication. I just feel it will be easier to maintain with the adjustments added.

It's where they tuck and sew the stomach, making it smaller. Kind of like the sleeve but no cutting. Reduces risk of slip and reduces fills supposedly.

Thank you for the reply!

I had no idea that this could be done! I tried to google but found nothing here in Toronto, Ontario.

I wonder if maybe no one in Canada performs the surgery. ugggh! I have the lapband but would love to have the plication togo with it!

Carolinagirl had band with plication and hasn't required a fill yet. I have 5 in mine and am reasonably satisfied. I may need a little tweaking.

I have lapband with plication = 2 1/2 years ago. No slippage and no problems (except bad reflux recently). I have lost 124 pounds with about 20 lbs to go. I have had fills. I have about 6cc in a 10cc band. I had my plication under a controlled study group as it is not widely done in Florida (or wasn't when I had mine). Good luck.

I have lapband with plication = 2 1/2 years ago. No slippage and no problems (except bad reflux recently). I have lost 124 pounds with about 20 lbs to go. I have had fills. I have about 6cc in a 10cc band. I had my plication under a controlled study group as it is not widely done in Florida (or wasn't when I had mine). Good luck.

Did you notice you didn't experience the "bandster hell" they speak of here?

Did you notice you didn't experience the "bandster hell" they speak of here?

Sure, I have had "stuck episodes" and times when I didn't feel comfortable eating..but as for real problems - NONE until the reflux mess started last month. I am looking forward to seeing my surgeon this week. I must get relief but If I had to do this over again (with plication), as it sits now, the answer would still be yes, even after my problem last night. I feel great and look pretty good (I still see a fat person in the mirror, but that is my "head problems" - can't see myself as a size 10 yet - I still see the size 22). I'll post and let you know what he says. I did have an upper GI 6 months ago just to do a check on things and everything was fine.