Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling down... Not where I need to be

I was banded October 2012 since then I'm down 50 pounds. I feel some what discouraged, I've had my band too tight which I lost 19 pounds in 3 weeks.. They unfilled me and i started to eat again. I still haven't found my green zone... I see other people who've had surgery since mine and there down like 80-100 pounds. Am I doing something wrong?? I feel frustrated and lost just really down right. Any suggestions????

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

You may have not nothing wrong. You need to speak to dr or PA about the band being tightened again maybe with less Fluid. I wanted 1 cc at my last fill and PA would only give .5cc. Nice guy but a bit stingy with the saline I think. I have slowed down in weight loss myself. Lost 60 pounds and have come to a halt. Will discuss with PA in 2 weeks. Keep following the food plan and maybe a little walking will help. I walk about 1 to 2 miles per day and it seems to help maintain for now. I hope the PA does not say I should walk 4 miles per day.

This is a long journey for most of us. 50 lbs in less than a year is awesome.

Why haven't you gone back in for more fills? This is your responsibility. Don't allow excuses and rationalities to interfere with your journey. See your doctor and see your nutritionist. Soon!

Believe me when I tell you, 50 lbs in less than a year is great. If you go too crazy and get too tight you will loose too fast. These results look great at first, but are very hard to maintain. Additionally, if you get too tight just to get results, you will be living a miserable life when it comes to food. Yes you have to find whan works for you in terms off CCs in the band. I don't know your story, but remember you can always step up your weight loss by working out. The exercise itself will also eventually help you to feel better mentally. If you have the time to do it.

Hi there, I agree that a fifty pound loss in ten months is really great -- pat yourself on the back. I know nothing about any of this (I am pre band and of course every body is different anyway) -- it sounds like you now have the parameters for your fill needs -- more than what you have now but not as much as when you felt it was too tight. Is somewhere in the middle your sweet spot? Go put those medical professionals to work and find your correct tightness -- you deserve optimal health and happiness,

Hi, I was banded in nov 2012, and have lost like 50 lbs. hit the treadmill for at least 35-45 mins. It's helped me get out of my plateau!!! Serious. And you only want 1-2 lbs a week. I know it's frustrating, but slow and steady wins!!! Good luck and hang in there

Please dont dont dont dont dont compare your results with others. And dont assume that if you lost 100 lbs in 2 months that it was done healthily. And remember that as individuals, we start with different starting gates. If you are 500 lb you will lose quicker sooner, if you are male, typically you will lose quicker than females. If you have no complications, than you get the head start on those who may have (even smaller ones like overfills).

This is your journey and the focus always needs to be on yours.

I understand if you feel stalled that you may want advice on how to get restarted or to kick a plateau, but again, this is for personal gain not a overall competition.

I was banded in Nov 2009. Lost 50lb. At 195 I got pregnant than had an accident afterwards. I stayed at 195 for 18 months before restarting. I didnt lose the last 50 until Jan 2013-current. Now I am at goal and I feel just great.... I give no thought to how quickly or slolwy I did, just that I did it.

Thank you... I get a fill every month. I wool step my exercise game up

This is a long journey for most of us. 50 lbs in less than a year is awesome.

Why haven't you gone back in for more fills? This is your responsibility. Don't allow excuses and rationalities to interfere with your journey. See your doctor and see your nutritionist. Soon!

I go for fills every month

Ive also hit a plateau for the past 2 months. I started walking and working out and added cardio and it looks like its starting to drop again. I went a put a tweek in my diet and started eating cleaner. Im kind of jealous when I see people loose 80-100 pound when Ive only lost 55 since Oct 2012. My Dr. stated that the slower you lose the more likely you will keep it off longer so I see that as a plus.

Makes me feel like i shldve gotten the sleeve! No fills required.

Makes me feel like i shldve gotten the sleeve! No fills required.

The beauty of the band, and one of the reasons many opted for the band, is the fact that you still can have the sleeve. If you would have went with the sleeve and you weren't happy with your results, you can't replace your stomach after it's been removed.

The beauty of the band, and one of the reasons many opted for the band, is the fact that you still can have the sleeve. If you would have went with the sleeve and you weren't happy with your results, you can't replace your stomach after it's been removed.

I paid out of pocket so i was looking for a once-and-done type solution....

I paid out of pocket so i was looking for a once-and-done type solution....

All WLS techniques have their pros and cons. But the band does require more maintenance than the others? Surely you knew this going in right?

All WLS techniques have their pros and cons. But the band does require more maintenance than the others? Surely you knew this going in right?

Yes i did the research on the band and weighed the pros and cons of all but it doesnt compare to actually getting the band to only find out weight loss isnt guaranteed and its also not gonna come off as easily as i'd hoped.

This whole bandsters hell is new to me and we're all in some way or another dependent upon routine 'Fills' and chasing the 'green zone'

Thats something i found out once the band was installed.