Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any 50 to 60 year old out there

Looking for people in my age group who have had lap band surgery. Just wondering if you found it harder to lose weight.

I fit into this catagory but I havent had surgery yet. I am scheduled for Monday the 26th of Aug. If you would like, we can be friends. Just let me know.

I fit in to category

Hi -- I'm 54, 5 months post-op and no, I don't find it harder to lose weight at this age. Feel free to ask me any questions you'd like.

Looking for people in my age group who have had lap band surgery. Just wondering if you found it harder to lose weight.

Well, I had my surgery at age 64 (I feel like a 30 yr old however lol). The ONLY reason I have found it harder to lose weight is because I am partially disabled and walk with a cane and I have equilibrium problems due to two brain surgeries I had in 1981.I'm also a past stroke victim that left me with hemiparesis. That being said, other than my physical limitations I'm having no problems. I count my calories and try to walk as much as I can but I've had no problems, I'm a slow loser but the scale keeps going down and that's what counts as far as I'm concerned.

I fit into this catagory but I havent had surgery yet. I am scheduled for Monday the 26th of Aug. If you would like' date=' we can be friends. Just let me know.[/quote']

I have not been scheduled yet. I am very anxious to have my surgery. I still have a few more steps. I have scheduled this week a sleep test . Not looking forward to that...did you have to have asleep test.

Hi -- I'm 54' date=' 5 months post-op and no, I don't find it harder to lose weight at this age. Feel free to ask me any questions you'd like.[/quote']

Thank you that would be great

I also fit into that age cohort. I don't believe that age has hindered my weight loss, however some of the ensuing complications have. That said, I would be much worse off medically speaking if I had not lost the weight I have to date. And, I continue to lose weight by following the rules specified by my surgeon.

We are all individuals, and no two of us will have an identical journey.

Hi and no i didnt have to have a sleep study...I had just about everything else except a pelvic lol. Honestly? Surgery is a week from Monday, and I want this soooo badly that I WILL do the work it takes. I am 58 on the outside but inside I am still in my 40's and I want to FEEL that way instead of 80. But I am scared. I know that sounds so silly for a woman my age...but I am frightened of failure more than the surgery. Does that make sense?

And I would be so glad to be friends with anyone who wants to be along this ourney. I am on my pc every night and morning....my keys stick so I hope you can forgive the typing.

I am 52 and was banded 11/2 years ago. No problems, just wish I did it many years ago. I have lost 165 pounds and have reached my goal. Am here if you have any questions. You will do fine.

I'm 57 and don't think being my age and losing weight with Lap Band surgery is harder than say someone that is younger trying to do the same. I do believe that being 57 and trying to lose weight is harder than when I was 37 and trying to lose weight.

At 57 I basically had given up, did not want to fight it anymore! It felt good to eat and not worry about it.Problem was I was about to pop! Could not take that I would not bend over to pick something off the ground as it was to much work!

I'm in bandster hell at the moment but my first fill is around the corner and hope for the best.

I'm in that range, and no I don't think age made it any harder. In fact, since I'm post menopause it seems to be better not having to deal with fluctuating monthly hormones. Do I wish I had done it sooner, yes!

Hi and no i didnt have to have a sleep study...I had just about everything else except a pelvic lol. Honestly? Surgery is a week from Monday' date=' and I want this soooo badly that I WILL do the work it takes. I am 58 on the outside but inside I am still in my 40's and I want to FEEL that way instead of 80. But I am scared. I know that sounds so silly for a woman my age...but I am frightened of failure more than the surgery. Does that make sense?

And I would be so glad to be friends with anyone who wants to be along this ourney. I am on my pc every night and morning....my keys stick so I hope you can forgive the typing.[/quote']

I am just a little older 63. With everything I have gone through the sleep study is the one I am not looking forward to. Maybe it is an insurance thing or something why I have to have it dine. I like you do not come close to feeling my age. I am so excited for you that you are a week away. I am sure I will be nervous as well when I get my date but I think that would be perfectly natural. Just keep thinking how good you are going to feel.

I would love to keep in touch with you. I am guessing I am about a month away from surgery so you will be a little ahead of me.

I had a sleep study some time ago and it was a breeze. They make it very pleasant -- room was set up like a hotel room and attendant very nice. I ended up with a CPAP machine which I hope to ditch once I'm banded and my weight is down -- but I may still need it. Had no idea I was waking up so frequently all through the night!

Oh, meant to say I'm 52 in September......have always worried that post-menopause it will be harder to lose weight but let's face it I couldn't do it in my thirties or forties despite truly valiant efforts. Now I'll have the band as a tool!