Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Phentermine With The Band

Ok guys I use to be on phentermine before being banded I lost about 25 pounds gained it back and some, and I know all about the side effects. My question is can they help you lose more weight with the band ? Another reason I want to use them is to get rid of the thoughts in my head that makes me want to eat a cow, so to suppress my appetite too ! Has anyone try this with the band ?

I've not tried that one, but I'm taking one who's main ingredient is Hoodia. My sister is taking trim spa and says she's lost 10 to 15 lbs in the last month (she's not banded). I looked up Trimspa online, and the main ingredient is Hoodia, so I picked up a cheaper brand. I just started taking it yesterday. I want some of the appetite suppressant effect, just so I don't have quite as much head hunger, but really I'm interested in the "fat burning" effect it claims to have, so we'll see.

I know there are other folks who have used diet pills with the band. And I know there are doctors out there who prescribe them for the period of time between surgery and getting proper restriction.

I take Adipex and Bontril PDM...especially until I get restriction. I just want to keep losing! I was taking Tenuate, hoever it is too big to get past the band!

I took them years ago but I'd be afraid to take it now and have it get stuck. Good luck !!

I took them for a few months and it really did help. I am going to do it again as I had to have my band Fluid removed due to a stick and I gained quite a bit back.

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in TJ 12/04

so you guys take it with the band? I am curious...........I used to take phendimetrazine and have thought about that and the band as a one-two punch.

Once you have your band filled to the right level, your thoughts of food diminish, atleastt hat is how it was for me. Food was not even a thought when I had good restriction, give it some time and a few fills under your belt, it may be the same for you too :confused:

I'm not as tight as I could be, and I don't plan on a fill at this point. I will, maybe once or twice a month, pop a Phentermine just to boost my metabolism and get "unstuck" from a plateau. I'll have to look back at my weight chart and see if this is really helping. Seems like it was a few months ago and I was struggling to stay under 190, now I'm struggling to get below 190. I know...sloooooow. Maybe slower than I like. Maybe I do need a fill? La Madam is right, appetite isn't much of an issue when properly restricted. I'm looking for the metabolism boost more than anything. I DON'T take it everyday. But it sure does help, even banded.

My surgeon won't prescribe it because it interferes with being able to tell if the band is working and whether or not you need another fill. I have heard of some surgeons prescribing it to help you get through a period of being unfilled (e.g., if you're unfilled to calm things down after a bout of reflux).

I have some that I was taking before being banded....I hadn't even thought of them. I have put back on 6 lbs. of the weight I lost waiting on first fill. It seems like I am constantly starving. Maybe I'll try them too until I get my 1st fill next week.

I am on a plateau right now and I am really close to goal. I get "stuck" often so I don't want to get another fill. I am going to ask for a prescription from my Doc tomorrow when I go for a check up. I hope this will get me over my hump and on my way to goal. I only have 20-30lbs to go, I want this so bad I am getting a little impatient.

A few months ago my surgeon put me on phen to see if it would help control my appetite. It was the worst thing I ever did. It made me so sick and just feel awful. I am really happy with my band now. I am filled perfectly and my hunger is gone.

I was on Phentermine years ago and it worked great I just can't take it anymore. It causes a lump in my throat and it's like I constantly have to clear my throat. I honestly think it makes my thyroid swell! Good stuff though if I didn't have the side effects!

Ladies, I would be very careful with anything that has "hoodia" in it. I took some about a year ago, the pure stuff I got over the internet and it can mess with other drugs you are taking. I caught a cold and was just taking regular cold medicine and between that and the hoodia I almost had a stroke! I went to er with a terribe headache and my bp was like 215 over 100 in something!! Aslo phentermine is dangerous too on your heart. BE CAREFUL!!:thumbup: