Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too tight or just swollen?

I had my fill on 8/5/13 & everything went well till last night (8/10/13). I took a 2 bites of a chicken sandwich & 3 fries and I got stuck. I couldn't keep it down so I vomited and the rest of the night I couldn't sleep cause I had a tightness feeling. I've been able to hold down Water but I have major indigestion. Am I too tight or just swollen?

Go back to drink liquids for a day or two and then to mushies and see how it goes. If it doesn't get better you need to call your doctor and get a little taken out. You will be swollen from throwing up and getting stuck so the liquid only should help.

chicken sandwiches are more often than not chicken BREAST... That's too dry/tough a meat, and if you chose to eat it, you must be EXTRA careful and chew chew chew. Do what the person above suggested... I hope you feel better soon!!

I agree...try soft and liqs for a day or so....and chicken has done me in a few times also...but I know I couldn't do it with out my band ! Good Luck....hope your better soon !

You can try liquid motrin to help with the immediate swelling issue. I also agree with everyone's advice of going on liquids for a few days. If you get to the point where you cannot get down liquids you'll need to have some Fluid taken out of your band.

I got my fill and I was getting stuck pretty easy but within a week the swelling went down and I loosened up, So I was just swollen for the first week..If it has been over a week I would think it was an accident or your too tight if it keeps happening. chicken has done me in a few times it can be tricky.

~~~Stephanie