Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Totally Discouraged :(

Hi don't be discouraged! I am at 3 year mark I have lost half my weight, no I could used to lose a lot more but the rest will come off by exercising you drink a Protein Drink when you get hungry it helps, fine good food you can eat often but slowly chew it up and drink Water there are things you can't eat I am sure you found out what you can eat and can't but continue on your not where you were and you know your healthier so try Proteins no no other types will keep you full then Protein. Yes your hungry after awhile so what eat again and again six small meals is normal.

All I can say is ditto to everyone who's posted on this thread and congratulations on losing 60 lbs! That's awesome. You know, everybody loses at a different rate. Sadly, I have a PCP who thinks I am not losing fast enough and I just don't lose at a fast rate. My PCP also felt like your dietician that I must be doing something wrong. I've lost 50 pounds since 12/14. I'm thrilled with my weight loss as is my surgeon but I do go to my surgeon faithfully once a month since being banded on 12/28. The Lapband is not a "set it and forget it" type surgery. I'm glad to go see my surgeon even though he s a 2 1/2 hour drive away. I could have gone to a surgeon who was closer but I have to build a rapport with a doctor. After attending several seminars I knew this doctor was for me. He was considerate of my high risk and disabilities and I was just not a number to him. The fact that you have not gone back to your surgeon to discuss your issues has me concerned. You need to get that band of yours straightened out. It sounds definitely severe enough to be thoroughly checked.

Finally , please don't get discouraged. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's up to you to find that light. You've got to get back to your doctor and find the green zone. You may not need a fill every month but uou've got to follow up with your doctor just to make sure everything is OK. I wish you nothing but the best and wipe away those tears because you have a community here that will show you nothing but love and support. Hang in there and lots of (((hugs))) to you!

Everyone here is absolutely right on the money! I have been banded for three years now. I have experienced the same as you with no questions about it. If you have lost 60lbs in that time frame that is some kind of awesome!! Go see your surgeon and let them know what's going on. I have had to learn the hard way over these years if your not in the green zone and your not actively exercising you will not lose weight. You will either maintain or gain depending on the types of food you eat. It has taken me 6 adjustments to get it right and ofcouse that's over 3 years. This is something that cannot be accomplished over night. And your friends and family should support you in your efforts whether its slow, fast, or at a standstill. Its all up to you! Good luck with your decision and again WAY TO GO with 60lbs down!!

I have absolutely no way to know what you're going through. But from experience I will say this....

One fill' date=' and I was far fom being too tight....I did however have problems with eating the wrong foods the wrong way, simulating a tight band....and if I irritated the band because of this, it could linger for more than a day....

As I progressed with my fills, it was essential I also progressed with my eating habits, putting all those silly rules to practical purpose....I could not eat the way I used to...the band FORCED me to change my behavior....and t he more fills i got, the more i had to change...it is a slow progression......

imagine the Dr. putting in 7cc at surgery...it would be a disaster....but 7cc is where i am now, and have been for over 2 years with not a single problem.....because I learned and now know how to do it......

what I eat now in a given 24 hr period, I could never have thought possible...I could not imagine it....

Just saying, I have had my Dr. Tell me stories about patients complaining because they said they were too tight....and upon further investigation he was shocked at what they were attempting to eat....

Not saying this is you....I have absolutely no idea , and it would be unprofessional to even guess....just share my experiences.....[/quote']

I completely agree with B-52!! I think that u may be irritating ur stomach by not eating correctly therefore it swells to where u can only have liquids. Then when the swelling goes down u eat like crazy again--irritating it again--back on liquids then.... A vicious cycle. B-52 is right on the money (and ur nutritionist) u need a fill. No one can be at there sweet spot with only one fill. Sorry to be so blunt. I just think some things may be missing from ur post to lead people to think what u want which is not to have a fill as u stated. Sorry if I'm wrong and outta line. That's just what I think by reading between the lines.