Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I was banded Dec 6th 2013. And I go for my first fill on Jan 9th. AND IM READY FOR IT! Since Iv healed from the surgery and that Im still wide open on my band...I cant seem to feel full when I eat. And Im frustrated with myself. I lost a lot right after the surgery and..Im maintain it..but I know that eating isn't the solution. Im bored, I don't go back to work till Jan 6th, and then don't start back up with Spring semester classes till Jan 16..Iv been doing the Zumba Wii workout, Im just down today..Feel like I could cry. Not sure if its an after Christmas depression or what..but today it hit me. Im sad...I know that this journey is goin to take some time to travel..Just ready for it to start..Sorry for boo-hooing to you guys today..I just needed to vent..Happy New year everyone

Lapbandchic73

You'll do fine. Just remember, this is still valuable time with your weight loss. I just hit green 2 weeks ago, so 56 lbs were lost before then. Think where I'd be right now had I waited to lose til I got green. It's just a diet right now for you but a needed time to learn to eat Ike you have a tight band.

Hello,

I was banded on 12/17. I have my first fill on 1/3, I'm very ready! I haven't been an ideal patient since having my band. But I am ready to talk to my surgeon on Friday. Also I start my bariatric support meetings and have an appointment with my dietitian at the end of the month. Ready to get my mind better in the game and get some help and advice through this.

Lapbandchic73, I know exactly how you feel!

I was banded on Dec 9 and just had my first fill today, 2cc. I am loving my band so far! I was one week into the pureed foods stage and even eating some soft foods without any problems. Back to full liquids for 24 hours then I can start back to foods again. Also cleared for going back to the gym, so I plan to hit the gym on Thursday. Just advised to take it easy yet on any abdominal exercises. I would like to get back up to where I was on the treadmill then start adding weight machines back in. Hoping this will help with the bloated look and start getting a little toning to my body.

Lucky for you there is a support group to go to locally. I haven't been able to find one where I live. Just here on this site. But sometimes you need someone in person to be able to talk to. So you get instant conversation back. Best of luck to you and your journey.

Happy New Year

Lapbandchic73

Thank you, you too.

The hospital I was banded in "requires" you to go to these meetings. They in the past have seen a 36% fat loss in patients who don't go and a 79% in patients that do. I am in it to win it and I want to be as successful as possible.

I hope you are able to find one soon! Good luck to you!

I live close to St. Louis..but had my surgery in Kansas City Mo...that's about a 4 hour drive..Cant find a support group locally..if anyone knows of one..Please let me know.

Thanks

lapbandchic73

I was re banded dec 20th... and im down a total of 11lbs. One thing I can say is... ill be glad when I can start mushie foods this friday! Geez im so sick of liquids n blending Soups. I cant wait! Happy new year yhall!

hi, I'm new at this, just got banded December 19, 2013, recovering well and will be going to my first post op check tomorrow January 2, 2014.

Hello, i received my band on dec 10 and although i love the weight loss. Im not liking the gas, upset stomach, and the fatigue. My nutritionist keeps suggesting certain mushy foods but everything upsets my stomach. I just rather not eat. Ugh!

Hello, i received my band on dec 10 and although i love the weight loss. Im not liking the gas, upset stomach, and the fatigue. My nutritionist keeps suggesting certain mushy foods but everything upsets my stomach. I just rather not eat. Ugh!

I was banded the day before you. I am still having some gas, ok well more than some lol! I have also noticed that I am tired in the evening. I am usually a night owl! My husband thinks the fatigue may be due to eating far less then I used to so I just don't have the fuel. For the most part I have no problem with foods, I am doing a mix of mushy and soft foods. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Hi everyone, I had my surgery on December 27th, 2013 . I had some complications right after surgery but I am feeling good now :)

Hi December banders!! I was banded dec 19. Im just went back to work and seem to be healing pretty well. I have not had my first fill- scheduled-jan 28. Cant wait

I was banded on December 30th (3 weeks ago). Since my surgery, I've lost only 10 lbs while on the liquid diet (1 week) but once I started eating mushies/normal food, I've not lost 1 more lb (been stuck for 2 weeks at the same weight). I'll get my first fill on Tuesday and I REALLY hope that makes a difference!!! My doctor recommended 'stopping when I'm full' but lately, I tend to be full with nearly a full serving!

I do get cramps in my sternum area afterwards (not during) and unbearable gas-- but nothing gets 'stuck' and I do not get nausea. Anybody experiencing the same issue? I can use some encouragement!!!! :(

Hi there I feel like you madband. I was banded on Dec 19.. I want more but I'm realizing I need to do more. As I've been told on here take the time to heal we are still early in the game..it will get better. I'm praying for that. You will do fine.its hard but I'm willing to stay the course and you should too. It took a lot to get this done so I hope u stay encouraged and put up the giid fight I know I'm planning on winning. Have a great day.