Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just curious what people's perception is and where they see their ultimate goal. I'm 5'4" tall and started my weight loss journey at 245 lbs and a size 20. I'm currently 179 lbs and a size 14. I originally thought my goal would be about 140 but now I'm not sure. Just curious what people's goals are/were.

Did you meet them or are you a work in progress still?

If you met original goal did you stop there? Lose more?

If you can, provide starting weight/size and then weight/size for goal or current. I think I'd like to be about a size 6/8. I don't like super skinny and don't think I'd look right being just skin and bone.

Right now, I'm celebrating being labeled only Overweight and no longer Obese.

Congrats everyone on your success and keep up the good work in your journey!

I increased my goal weight after noticing the inches falling off as fast as the pounds dropped. My initial goal weight was 140, but I realize I'd look sickly at that weight on my frame, here are my stats:

June 19, 2013

Starting weight: 219.5

Height: 5'2"

Tops: 18/20

Bottoms: 16

Goal Weight: 140

Goal Size: 6

First fill - July 10, 2013

9 weeks ahead of schedule on my goals.

July 31, 2013 (6 weeks post-op)

Current weight: 188

Tops: 14/16 (I guess...I haven't bought clothes yet)

Bottoms: Junior's 13M (clothes I had from previous WL attempt)

Goal Weight: 150 (increased due to massive loss of inches)

Goal Size: 8

I'm 5'4"

Started at 215lbs

Lowest was 118lbs (a size 0 - 2). My dr believed I was too skinny and wanted to unfill me, so I gained to 130lbs (just under a size 4) and maintained for 3 years.

Sprung a leak and gained to 165lbs. Wasn't happy at that weight.

Now my band is replaced and I'm on 140lbs and think it's PERFECT (a size 4 - 6)

First of all congrats on ur weight loss ! Ur doing great!!! I am 5"3 starting weight 239. Banded may 29th down 41 pounds at 198. Now in size 16 was 22. My goal weight is 125, size 5-6 or so. That may not be reality for me anymore but would really like to try !! Most of my teens, twenties and early 30 was 120's. would sure love to se those days again . But that being said every pound I lose I gain energy, more confidence and feel soooo much better, healthier!! As long as scale is going in that direction I'm good!! Put alot of my weight on being on prednisone for my R/A.

I started out at 421 pounds wearing a size 46.

As of today, I've lost 227 pounds and am currently 194. I wear a size 14 jeans and size 12 shirts.

My original goal weight is 160. At 5'4", but I would still be in the overweight BMI category at that weight.

I honestly don't know what I want my goal weight to be anymore. I think I'll just get to 160 then decide from there where I want to end up. I originally set my goal weight a bit high because when you start over 400 pounds, it's almost impossible to imagine yourself even under 300 pounds let alone under 200. Now that I'm close, I suspect I'll end up lowering my goal to around 145.

Great question!!! And it's so interesting seeing so many of us in a similar height range.

I'm 5'2 and started at 266, tops in a 2/3xl and bottoms size 22/24.

My "I'd be fine with" goal is 175 because that's the lowest weight I've ever maintained as an adult (3 yrss). And it's what my insurance company said I needed to maintain in order to qualify for long term care insurance.

My "magic number" has always been 140 because that's the top normal weight for me at Weight Watchers.

Right now I'm 188ish wearing a size 12 top and NEW size 14 bottom which I'm really excited about. I'm really happy at this weight. I feel amazing, look good, wear regular clothes, have energy... But I see no sign of slowing. I'm actually in my stride and lost 10lbs last month...

But I'd really like to banish photos where I think "yikes, I'm bigger than I thought!" So who knows! I guess my body will tell me when I'm done? I can't imagine ever being a size 0-2 though...

I'm 5'3", started out at 307, and set my initial goal to 150. When I hit that, I realized I could do better and reset my goal to 120. (I'm really small framed). I'm at 145 now (size 8 petite jeans) and would be fine staying here, but I'd love to get into those size 6's in my closet (and be able to breathe). So I'm aiming for 120 and no lower, but I may not hit that. At almost 50 years old, I'm smaller than I ever have been and can't expect to have the body of a teenager, nor do I want it. I have some curves, and I like 'em. :rolleyes:

I am 5'3 & 48 years old..... I started at 285lbs, size 26/28 top & 24 pants. Currently weigh 177lbs and am mostly a size 12 bottoms (I have some 10's that fit & some things that still need a size 14), tops currently a medium to large. For the height/weight charts I am still considered obese until I an under 170 and the Weight Watchers range has a top goal weight of 141 for my height. All that being said I have no flipping clue what my goal weight is as my only relatively normal adult wight was 169lbs & that was almost 14 years ago :o I also have a fair amount of excess skin that I will be unable to do anything about surgically speaking since I have a disabled husband & son and can't go through that level of intense recovery. So I am taking it 5lbs at a time for now but think I can live with anything below 160lbs.

I'm 5'6.5 <laughing

Start Weight 250 BMI 40

Start Size 22/bottom and 3xl top

Current Weight 155 BMI 24

Current Size 4-6 bottom and xs-s shirt

Goal should be BMI 24 and ideal BMI is 22

Even at this current weight/size I want to lose more. But now it's based on appearance, not numbers. I am getting cosmetic surgery because the excess skin alone will make you feel like you are still overweight. I will reassess if I need to lose anymore after surgery. For now I am more maintaining and have done so for months now.

Well, i was just banded today... I'm starting at 260, but I'm down 19# from the pre op diet. I am 5'6". I have two goals - one that is my "safe" goal and one is my dream goal. The safe goal is just to get below 200#. I think I have this because I'm afraid that I won't make the dream, and i don't want to be disappointed. But my dream goal is 145#. That would be lower than I've been since about middle school.

I feel like I am the shortest one here at 5'1". I started this journey at 260 and I am not 232. I'd like to lose 100lbs more though I am happy at every weight I am at as long as I am healthy!

I have not always been healthy so for me that is my goal. Healthy and happy. The lowest weight I have been was about 24 years ago before I started having children and I was 110 lbs. I don't think I will ever see that weight again, but I never like to say never :huh:

I'm pre-band 5'6" and in the 250 range -- my goal is a healthy body and I guess I will know when I get there. I wrote myself a letter to be opened when I'm at 150, which may be a good goal weight for me.

My goal weight was 145. I'm 5'3 weight was 215. My doctor suggested 135 but I'm knocking on 60. I said no way but that's where I'm at. Happy with my plication with Lap band(never had a fill) almost 10 months. Now it's either exercise or surgery? Good luck to all! No regrets ever!

I'm 5'6". I started w/ a bmi of 36.3 and was probably a size 16 (not sure since I was wearing leggings a lot lol). I'm now bmi 23.2 and size 6/8. My original goal was just that I wanted to be a 'normal' bmi. Now that I'm lower, I'd love to get to 135lbs (bmi 21.8). It's crazy for me to imagine being smaller, but we'll see. My brain is still trying to catch up to my body!

I started out at 421 wearing a 46W or 7X I lost 176 before getting my band, 7 since so I have lost a total of 182. I now weigh 238 and wear a misses size 16 bottom and a 14 top I'd like to get down to 150 but will see I would be happy at 165. Oh I'm 5'8" tall. Funny thing was I was so excited when I was small enough to shop at Lane Bryant, now their clothing is too big for me, it opened a whole new world to me. Shopping for clothing is fun now!